Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Disable the "hold to block" and "press to dodge" message ?

InfaM
InfaM
✭✭✭
Hi everyone I'm having the following issue on all my character from lvl 7 to v16 , the tutorial message "press to dodge" and "hold to block" keep appearing on my screen (on non-tutorial maps) and I can't find a way to disable it.
As these messages are only supposed to be showing up during tutorial and not after, I tried to set tutorials options to OFF on every characters but it's still spamming the message on every fight I start.

Here's a screenshot of my problem :
mini_958882esobug.png

Does anyone know how I can disable these messages ?

PS : Tried to contact support but for some reason the support login server is not working for month, it always says that account and password entered are wrong.
  • Shadowolfs
    If you use UI addon such as Foundry Tactical Combat, It might help you solve the issue. But I am not sure if you like to use addon or not.
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Disable combat tips.
    Because I can!
  • InfaM
    InfaM
    ✭✭✭
    @qli7ub17_ESO Hey thanks for answer, yes I'm using FTC and some other addons , I disabled it all for the screenshot but even with all addons enable I have the message, could you please explain me what settings in FTC would disable/hide the message ? thank you

@Bashev Hi thank you for answer , do you mean combat cues ? If that's the case I tried to turn off that option but all it does is that it to stop showing the red telegraph on mobs, while the messages are still appearing on my screen.

Here's another screenshot with combat cue OFF and all addons, to show how annoying those messages are :

mini_139008esobug2.png

• Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    InfaM wrote: »
    @qli7ub17_ESO Hey thanks for answer, yes I'm using FTC and some other addons , I disabled it all for the screenshot but even with all addons enable I have the message, could you please explain me what settings in FTC would disable/hide the message ? thank you

@Bashev Hi thank you for answer , do you mean combat cues ? If that's the case I tried to turn off that option but all it does is that it to stop showing the red telegraph on mobs, while the messages are still appearing on my screen.

Here's another screenshot with combat cue OFF and all addons, to show how annoying those messages are :

mini_139008esobug2.png

It is not combat cue. Combat cue as you said is for the red circles. There is another settings which is for the other tips. I thought that it was named "combat tips". When I am back at home I will check and let you know.
    Because I can!
  • InfaM
    InfaM
    ✭✭✭
    Bashev wrote: »

mini_139008esobug2.png

It is not combat cue. Combat cue as you said is for the red circles. There is another settings which is for the other tips. I thought that it was named "combat tips". When I am back at home I will check and let you know.

Hey thank you very much, I was so focused on looking for those ON/OFF option that I didn't noticed those scrolling options , I desactivated the combat tips and now it works perfectly without those annoying message spamming me in fight :) Thanks again.
  • fiftypercentgrey
    fiftypercentgrey
    ✭✭✭
    Why those combat tips and combat cues are in different windows, I'll never understand. Thanks a LOT, @InfaM - I had the same problem all of a sudden.
    ἀπόκρυφος
  • TankHealz2015
    TankHealz2015
    ✭✭✭
    Bashev wrote: »

mini_139008esobug2.png

Thank you!!!!!!!!