Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Ungrouped, but not returned?

Sable751
Sable751
✭✭✭
I’m new to Grouping. But having read the guidance here I’ve successfully left two groups, [Go to options>social>group>leave group] only to be stranded where I am.

I thought the idea was that you were transported back to where you were before you joined the Group. Instead I have to locate and make my way to the nearest Wayshrine, then to travel to the nearest Wayshrine to where I was, then ride all the way back.

Am I doing something wrong?
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You are only sendt back to there you start in group dungeons and trials who is am instance for your group.
    Not world bosses, public dungeons and delve.

Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Alinhbo_Tyaka
    Alinhbo_Tyaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Are you in an instance when you leave the group? If yes what type of instance? Group dungeons and trials should return you to the location where you joined the group when you leave. If you are in the open world or public dungeons or delves when you leave group you are left where you are standing regardless of where you were when you joined.
  • Sable751
    Sable751
    ✭✭✭
    Are you in an instance when you leave the group? If yes what type of instance? Group dungeons and trials should return you to the location where you joined the group when you leave. If you are in the open world or public dungeons or delves when you leave group you are left where you are standing regardless of where you were when you joined.

Thanks, that clears it up, since the second time I was in the open world, and probably in a public dungeon the first time.
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Leaving an instanced location, whether it's a dungeon or a house preview, tries to send you back the point where you left the open world, so if you entered a dungeon from a player home, you might be returned to a point outside your front door, because that is the last open world location it has tracked for you.

It's that "leaving an instance" that controls it. Leaving the group may kick you out of the instanced location, and so trigger the other part. The same action - leaving the group - thus gets different results depending on what else gets fired off by that action.