The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Can't Change Home Campaign After reset

thisisnotBro
thisisnotBro
✭✭
Hello, I dont know if anyone else is having the same issue.

I had 4 toons on CP campaign on DC, i abandoned all of them today but i still cant home the campaign on my EP toons.

I checked 15 times and none of the dc toons has the CP campaign as Home.

Is this a bug? Do i have to delete all my dc characters?
Main Meowblade
-Bro - EP Khajjit - Magicka Nightblade NA
Raiden - EP High elf - Magicka Sorcerer NA
Bro The Tank - DC Argonian - Magicka Templar NA
Iron-Bro - EP Nord - Stamina Dragonknight NA
tur-Bro - AD Orc - Stamina Sorcerer0 NA
Scorpion - EP Nord - Magicka Nightblade NA
Sub-zebro = DC High Elf - Magicka Warden NA
Quantum gave me a laptop DC - High elf - Magicka Sorcerer NA
Nebromancer DC - Orc - Stamina Necromancer NA
  • jdamuso
    jdamuso
    ✭✭✭
    Dont delete them. it wont help the issue. it needs to be addressed by the game team.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brian said something in a post tied to the Dev Tracker. I linked it below. It seems it will be awhile until they can fix it. He mentions what may help but I do not know if his suggestion will help anyone that is already locked in the current campaign.

It really seems that this would have been something Zos could have tested themselves without the need for players to test on the PTS. It is a shame this obvious aspect of the change Zos made were not tested, but it is what it is and I think we are all used to it by now.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6151305#Comment_6151305
    Edited by idk on June 20, 2019 5:33AM
  • jdamuso
    jdamuso
    ✭✭✭
    Im not used to it. im really disgruntled by the fact that im stuck for .... hey wait. lets see... THIRTY DAYS ... in the wrong faction... now if im paying a sub.. that is 6 months. and something ruins one month.. that is a HUGE portion of the payment where services are not rendered. Blah blah blah tos eula blah blah.. common rspect says if you get paid for something, you do a good job.

I understand that it has happened. And its an oversight. and its not a big deal.. IF it is promptly corrected. Its quite a serious error when the reason you play, is to be in cyro. and thats the case for many customers.
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    Brian said something in a post tied to the Dev Tracker. I linked it below. It seems it will be awhile until they can fix it. He mentions what may help but I do not know if his suggestion will help anyone that is already locked in the current campaign.

It really seems that this would have been something Zos could have tested themselves without the need for players to test on the PTS. It is a shame this obvious aspect of the change Zos made were not tested, but it is what it is and I think we are all used to it by now.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6151305#Comment_6151305

Can´t really test these things on the PTS however, since there´s only one campaign that you can join. But yes, this should´ve been worked out by ZOS before Elsweyr. But I don´t expect a chapter that was obviously rushed when created to work properly.....
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »

Can´t really test these things on the PTS however, since there´s only one campaign that you can join. But yes, this should´ve been worked out by ZOS before Elsweyr. But I don´t expect a chapter that was obviously rushed when created to work properly.....

Zos has their own server they test things out on. Of course testing is limited but campaign end is certainly something they could have setup and tested.

That should have been on their knockout list before this update ever hit the PTS.
  • ellahellabella
    ellahellabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Zos has their own server they test things out on. Of course testing is limited but campaign end is certainly something they could have setup and tested.

That should have been on their knockout list before this update ever hit the PTS.

ZOS? Test to see if something WORKS?

giphy.gif

Try to read everything I write with an Australian accent

PC NA
    ZOMBIE DEATH MACHINE
    Vanguard
    Outcasts
    Full faction locks are only further dividing an already dwindling pvp community

Toons:
    Ebonheart Pact
    Sophis (M. Templar), Lilivah Rallenar (M. Sorcerer), Diakoptês (M. Dragonknight), Pins and Needles (M. Nightblade), Claws-your-Curtains (S. Sorcerer), Raan-Mir-Tah (M Warden), Hezik (S Warden)

Aldmeri Dominion
    Sophis-ticated (M. Templar), Tis not easy being Green (S. Dragonknight)

Daggerfall Covernant
    Sirius Delatora (M. Nightblade), Ellaberry (S. Templar), Ellabear (pve tank) Claìr De Lune (M. Sorc)
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

It's almost like they have the power to make the campaign on PTS last ~2 days in order to test end of campaign switching.

Almost.
  • jdamuso
    jdamuso
    ✭✭✭

"cant really test this on the PTS server"

this could have been tested in their development software before it made it to test server. This isn't a daunting task.. i could have coded this issue out, and i'm amateur at coding at best.

There is already a timer in place to call a hook, all that needed to happen is a bit of code that requires you to choose and confirm your faction at time of reset, doesn't even have to kick you out of cyro.

It's simply an oversight. The amount of coding actually done to get all the little aspects working IS IN FACT daunting, and the fact that this was missed is perfectly okay, its not a big deal. Just a little woops, but needs to be fixed.

the problem is that because it wasnt in place before it locked us out, now sifting through and fixing each case is again. now a DAUNTING task.

further problem: by putting a patch in that makes everyone re-confirm their home server/faction after said patch, has to make sure that players that were not victims of the re-faction drafting catastrophe, are not made victim of say, losing their accumulated points for their time in so far. So im sure they are double and triple and quadruple checking right now. as this has mad alot of unhappy people, and they surely do not want to make more unhappy people.

that being said, allowing us that have been victimized by this monstrous mistake to continue to be victimized longer than absolutely necessarily, is no good.

I for one am not pleased. and rectifying this situation makes it all better, i will forgive the mistake. But failing to fix it, and leaving me in a faction i did not confirm for 30 days is NOT forgivable, and will likely cost them my patronage.