Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

My attempt at a custom House within a House (advice welcome)

ArchMikem
ArchMikem
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I walked into the Temple House in Rimmen and checked out the Halls of Collosus "Wing", and actually fell in love a little with the spot. I then got a rush of inspiration from what Elara does with Houses on the PTS so I spent like 30k gold on wood planks and stone blocks and went to work.

XHTW7JM.jpg

I have no idea how to make it even half as pretty as what Elara can accomplish. Then again, she had access to ALL furnishings without cost while I'm on a budget, and even then I don't know what specific merchants to go to for the right props to create a House structure besides the Cyrodiil Merchant for the planks and stones. I'd like something to act as a more flat floor surface as well as a possible replacement for those wood planks so the walls aren't see through. I know my character learned a couple platform recipes but i forget what they look like and how big. I'm also VERY hesitant to start moving all my decorative furnishings over from my Sleek Creek House. I spent a lot of time on that one and it's utterly gorgeous, and I was hoping for a much nicer practical house in Rimmen.
CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, I was too.

There are various Alinor and Elsweyr structural items you could use - but, personally, I wouldn't bother, as I know I am a decorator.

So, I know I would spend most of the (limited) slots on the structure and then (even if I liked what I had built) would be really sad that I couldn't decorate it properly.

If you're more of a builder than a decorator, at heart, then I obviously wish you luck and hopefully someone can offer you advice, soon.

I definitely wouldn't start moving all of your furnishings from a house that you consider to be utterly gorgeous, though. :smile:

Especially as you probably won't be able to fit that much of it in there, anyway.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tigerseye wrote: »
    Yes, I was too.

There are various Alinor and Elsweyr structural items you could use - but, personally, I wouldn't bother, as I know I am a decorator.

So, I know I would spend most of the (limited) slots on the structure and then (even if I liked what I had built) would be really sad that I couldn't decorate it properly.

If you're more of a builder than a decorator, at heart, then I obviously wish you luck and hopefully someone can offer you advice, soon.

I definitely wouldn't start moving all of your furnishings from a house that you consider to be utterly gorgeous, though. :smile:

Especially as you probably won't be able to fit that much of it in there, anyway.

Actually the Temple house has 300 more slots than Sleek Creek. 700 to 400. (with ESO plus)
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, but you're not normally building much in Sleek Creek, are you?

Or maybe you did - I obviously don't know.

All I know is that 700 isn't that much, even if you don't build anything.

I know it sounds like a lot, but it really isn't and once you start building it's, obviously, even less.

If you could limit your structure to 300 slots, I guess it would be OK?
  • Jaeysa
    Jaeysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Suggestion actually - build it on the PTS first and then bring it over. That way you can be absolutely certain you love it before wasting materials/gold. That tends to be what I do with my builds and it works really well with EHT. Never mind, just realized you're Xbox
    Edited by Jaeysa on June 20, 2019 2:50PM
    PC/NA: Primarily Daggerfall Covenant.

GL of Hearthlight - a NA/PC Housing guild. PM for details/invite!

Lennie: Breton Sorceror. 9-trait crafter on everything, purveyor of useless frippery.
  • Jaeysa
    Jaeysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Suggestion for the actual building: Elsweyr has a lot of wooden planks/platforms that are larger and cleaner than the rough planks you get from the general merchants. Orcish Wooden platforms are also good if you want a darker look, but they are one-sided with the back being invisible.
    PC/NA: Primarily Daggerfall Covenant.

GL of Hearthlight - a NA/PC Housing guild. PM for details/invite!

Lennie: Breton Sorceror. 9-trait crafter on everything, purveyor of useless frippery.
  • kaisernick
    kaisernick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    I walked into the Temple House in Rimmen and checked out the Halls of Collosus "Wing", and actually fell in love a little with the spot. I then got a rush of inspiration from what Elara does with Houses on the PTS so I spent like 30k gold on wood planks and stone blocks and went to work.

XHTW7JM.jpg

I have no idea how to make it even half as pretty as what Elara can accomplish. Then again, she had access to ALL furnishings without cost while I'm on a budget, and even then I don't know what specific merchants to go to for the right props to create a House structure besides the Cyrodiil Merchant for the planks and stones. I'd like something to act as a more flat floor surface as well as a possible replacement for those wood planks so the walls aren't see through. I know my character learned a couple platform recipes but i forget what they look like and how big. I'm also VERY hesitant to start moving all my decorative furnishings over from my Sleek Creek House. I spent a lot of time on that one and it's utterly gorgeous, and I was hoping for a much nicer practical house in Rimmen.

that looks amazing.