Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Problem with a main quest stopper at "the tharn speaks"

Fiewiel
Fiewiel
✭✭✭
I play a Breton character, have eso+ but not elsweyr and according to the archievements page I finished Castle of the Worm a month ago.
I stopped at that time continueing because I wanted to do something different. A week ago I tried to continue but I do not seem to be able to progress further.
I tried:
- Checking out harbourage
- Checking out guild hall in wayrest
- Checking out guild hall in daggerfall
- Checking out a lot of more guild halls in different cities
- As I tried since 1 week, relogging doesnt solve the issue

Im not able to get the followup quest called "A tharn speaks". The problem is that I can only open a ticket asking for support for a quest in my questbook. But alas there is no such quest.
So how do I get official support for it?
Anyone has an idea what to do? I googled for it and there seem to be a problem with it, but it seems only for people who bought elsweyr. So prob a different issue. I would be totally happy if I could reset and do castle of the worm again and continueing.
Thanks in advance.
  • Melivar
    Melivar
    ✭✭✭
    If you picked up the Elswyr pre-quest with Abnur Tharn you will have to drop it to get back on the main quest.

Just had to do that last night myself with an alt.
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Melivar is correct.

I was in exact same situation and put in a ticket. Support told me exactly the same thing. If you have the Elsweyr prequel quest (The Demon Weapon) in your quest log, the MQ will not progress beyond Castle of the Worms. They are working on a fix. Their advice to me was to abandon the prequel. I did and was quickly approached by Tharn's banekin quest giver to begin the next quest in the MQ line. Note that you do not need Elsweyr to have access to the Elsweyr prequel quest.
    Edited by AcadianPaladin on June 19, 2019 12:37AM
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Problem is that Tharn speak involves an trip with him to the same delve uses in the Elsweyr prologue.
    I did this just to test that happened, perhaps I would get two Tharns in delve :)

One cool thing is that if other do the main quest Tharn show up as an mage guild adept follower :)
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Fiewiel
    Fiewiel
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks guys! I looked through my quests and found under Grahtwood "The Demon Weapon". Going to delete it and see if this change things.
  • Fiewiel
    Fiewiel
    ✭✭✭
    Well, it took me exactly 1 teleport aka 20 sec to start "When The Tharn Speaks." After port I have to go to the Daggerfall Mages-guild. Onward!

Btw, is there no way to edit my own posts on this forum?
  • Kaymorolis
    Kaymorolis
    ✭✭✭
    Fiewiel wrote: »
    Well, it took me exactly 1 teleport aka 20 sec to start "When The Tharn Speaks." After port I have to go to the Daggerfall Mages-guild. Onward!

if you hover over the upper right of a post (to the left of the post number) a gear icon should appear. Click it and you can edit your post.
    PC | NA
    CP: 240+
    Tai'Zar - 50 Bosmer Stamblade
    Annatar the Fair - 50 Altmer MagSorc
    Rules Through Fear - 50 Argonian Templar
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fiewiel wrote: »

And to edit the opening post and or title, look for the gear icon near the title, ors not in the body like all the other posts.

Adding @Kaymorolis
    Edited by Nestor on June 19, 2019 7:46PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Fiewiel - So glad that dumping 'The Demon Weapon' worked for you! Happy questing! :)
    Edited by AcadianPaladin on June 19, 2019 10:02PM
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo