Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Becoming a Werewolf!

Kirky
Kirky
✭✭✭
How does one become a werewolf in ESO? Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!
@Kirky_Lad [EU/AD]
  • Sarenia
    Sarenia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Kirky
    Kirky
    ✭✭✭
    I've tried that for the past half hour. Sat and soaked up the hits from two werewolves and nothing.
    @Kirky_Lad [EU/AD]
  • Sihnfahl
    Sihnfahl
    ✭✭✭✭
    What level are you?
  • Alyrn_Grey
    Alyrn_Grey
    ✭✭✭
    It isn't any old random werewolf, there are a limited number that only spawn in certain locations at certain times. Only those specific werewolves or a werewolf player can infect you.
  • Natjur
    Natjur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To become a werewolf or vampire, there are special areas in L37+ zones and they are only there for set times. Fighting them, there is a small chance you will be bite and that will start the quest line. But at the moment, I have checked 7 of those areas and there is like 20+ people waiting there. Best of luck
  • Rytfield
    Rytfield
    ✭✭✭
    Can you get infected by the werewolves around Aldcroft in Glenumbra? ( DC)
  • Sihnfahl
    Sihnfahl
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, Ryt. Too low of a level.
  • maniacal1
    maniacal1
    ✭✭
    I ran into some Werewolves in Cyrodil, so they were obviously lvl 50...I'm guessing those won't give you lycanthropy either?

EDIT: Also, a quick note. If you want a werewolf, make sure you are a stamina-heavy character. If you want Vampire, they use magic. Just throwing that out there so some poor mage doesn't spend hours trying to contract lycanthropy only to find out the hard way.
    Edited by maniacal1 on April 7, 2014 2:37AM
  • Natjur
    Natjur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I went down the vampire path, as you have to 'change form' to get the use of werewolves skills, but vampire skills are always up. But the feeding every 30 mins and the extra damage from fire (which in PVP made DK one shot me) I ended up curing it. But it was fun.
  • Kirky
    Kirky
    ✭✭✭
    Sweet, yeah in Grahtwood trying to get infected. Not working as of yet, level 31 :)
    @Kirky_Lad [EU/AD]
  • ChuiDuma
    ChuiDuma
    ✭✭✭
    Also, note that if you want to get infected with werewolf by a player you have a 6 day timer to complete the quest, so make sure you get bitten at a time when you are going to be able to level enough to complete said quest.
    * Mara's Tester * >:) * The Psijic Order *
    * Werewolf *
  • Ciedoc
    Ciedoc
    ✭✭✭
    Even a mage can go werewolf...just get a second set of gear that is stam heavy instead of magicka for when you go wolfie. With the over caps in game now ZoS is really pushing for a more "balanced" player anyway and crafted gear is easy enough to make and enchant with stats you want. So make a wolf set and have your normal set as well...and yea the fire vulnerability really sucks with the vamps (DK's and Fire destruction staff users are nightmares).
  • lyndsayporterb16_ESO
    i'll pay 1k gold for someone to infect me...
  • brandonedward
    brandonedward
    ✭✭
    What's the duration and cool down on shifting to werewolf or vampire?
  • jay84479
    jay84479
    Soul Shriven
    wonder if they'll add more were beasts, aka wereboars, werevultures, werecats and such
  • Frosthawk
    Frosthawk
    ✭✭✭
    @jay84479 wrote: »
    wonder if they'll add more were beasts, aka wereboars, werevultures, werecats and such

Werecats would sound more better than wolf for Khajiits even tho you can make jokes from cat turning to dog and of course something similar for Argonians too.
    EU - Adlmeri Dominion
    Sanquin's tester
  • Sylianwe
    Sylianwe
    ✭✭✭
    There seems to be Werewolves right outside Aldorf and they are levelled enough to infect you with Lycanthropy. Other than that, The Rift is also an option.

Edited by Sylianwe on April 11, 2021 2:01AM
    The mind is a walled garden, even death can not touch the flowers blooming there 🌹
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The werewolves [and bloodfiends for vamp] are in the last zone for each of the factions. The Rift for EP, Reaper's March for AD, and Bangkorai for DC.

You can get bitten in the wild, but it might be easier/faster to ask a guildie, or ask in zone, if someone would bite you. A lot of people will do it for free, but some charge.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Resurrecting an tread from 2014 is impressive level of necromancy.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.