Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Anyone tired of struggling with what armor sets and weapons to keep?

wishlist14
wishlist14
✭✭✭✭✭
I couldn't find the right forum section to post this. I have all the chests and eso plus. I still struggle with organising what gear to keep, decon or sell.
I have 12 characters that pve and some pvp. I have ovetland sets, a few dungeon sets, not yet completed or trials sets again missing a piece here and there so im holding on to incomplete sets. I wanted to sort out my chests...did not get past my monster set chest 😢😭

I do loads of online research about gear but it gets exhausting since some information contradicts each other. Some sets are situational and that is fine when you have a complete set...you place it in chest fine but if i keep adding pieces in there i eventually have too many bits not enough 5 pieces for complete set....

After we have nerfs it gets harder for me to catch up to what is the best gear to keep. I am beyond frustrated at this point. I look like a hoarder and im not a hoarder in rl lol

I know reddit is a great site for set discussions but we have thousands of sets . Help!!!

I would love an endless wardrobe to store all the sets i collect with slots where i can see what piece is missing of set i want to complete. I could have a tab where i could name it by my characters name whos sets im organising or collecting. Or i should say farming for that particular set.

I have destroyed gear that is now usefull 😕😔

How do you all keep you gear sets sorted.
Edited by wishlist14 on June 15, 2019 10:00AM
  • gwdodd
    gwdodd
    ✭✭✭
    I've only been playing for a week and I'm currently struggling with the same thing.
    My first order of business next time I'm in-game is that I have to do something with all this stuff. My personal inventory is completely full as well as the container I bought from the crown store. Feels bad to sell/deconstruct/research set armor pieces, even at my lowly level.
    Sitting here thinking about it and STILL not sure what I'm going to do.
    Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.
    Platform: PC
    Server: NA
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you know how to use a spreadsheet, @wishlist14, set aside some time and make a list of want you want to keep ... and where it will be stored (bank, alt character, guild bank, storage container collectible, etc.).

That’s what I do and it seems to work fine.

For armor, I usually follow these guidelines of what to keep (though note it varies widely by player preference):

Light Armor: Keep pieces with Divines, Impen (PvP), and Infused (Infused large pieces only; chest, head, legs).

Medium Armor: Keep pieces with Divines, Impen (PvP), Well-Fitted, and Infused (Infused large pieces only; chest, head, legs).

Heavy Armor: Keep pieces with Divines, Impen (PvP), Sturdy, and Infused (Infused large pieces only; chest, head, legs).

It’s easier if you just ignore the actual name of the gear set ... since the game meta can turn on a dime when the ZOS Combat Team rolls out gear changes on a future patch.

For weapons, it’s a lot simpler. For stam sets, keep stam weapons only. For magicka sets, keep staves only. I also retain a 1H + shield for both stam and magicka.

That’s my philosophy at least ... again it varies widely by player. With more game time under your belt, you’ll get a better sense of your own playstyle and what gear sets to keep. ;)

Edited by Taleof2Cities on June 15, 2019 10:30PM
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wishlist14 wrote: »
    Anyone tired of struggling with what armor sets and weapons to keep? Bookmark

Yes ...
    sad.gif

• wishlist14
    wishlist14
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    gwdodd wrote: »
    I've only been playing for a week and I'm currently struggling with the same thing.
    My first order of business next time I'm in-game is that I have to do something with all this stuff. My personal inventory is completely full as well as the container I bought from the crown store. Feels bad to sell/deconstruct/research set armor pieces, even at my lowly level.
    Sitting here thinking about it and STILL not sure what I'm going to do.
    Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

Thank you for your reply. When i first started out it was even worse for me so yes i understand how you feel too.😊
  • wishlist14
    wishlist14
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank youfor replies and support you all got an awesome 😊😊😊
  • wishlist14
    wishlist14
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you know how to use a spreadsheet, @wishlist14, set aside some time and make a list of want you want to keep ... and where it will be stored (bank, alt character, guild bank, storage container collectible, etc.).

That’s what I do and it seems to work fine.

For armor, I usually follow these guidelines of what to keep (though note it varies widely by player preference):

Light Armor: Keep pieces with Divines, Impen (PvP), and Infused (Infused large pieces only; chest, head, legs).

Medium Armor: Keep pieces with Divines, Impen (PvP), Well-Fitted, and Infused (Infused large pieces only; chest, head, legs).

Heavy Armor: Keep pieces with Divines, Impen (PvP), Sturdy, and Infused (Infused large pieces only; chest, head, legs).

It’s easier if you just ignore the actual name of the gear set ... since the game meta can turn on a dime when the ZOS Combat Team rolls out gear changes on a future patch.

For weapons, it’s a lot simpler. For stam sets, keep stam weapons only. For magicka sets, keep staves only. I also retain a 1H + shield for both stam and magicka.

That’s my philosophy at least ... again it varies widely by player. With more game time under your belt, you’ll get a better sense of your own playstyle and what gear sets to keep. ;)

Thank you very much for your help i gave you an awesome 😊
  • Grianasteri
    Grianasteri
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I would love an endless wardrobe to store all the sets i collect with slots where i can see what piece is missing of set i want to complete. I could have a tab where i could name it by my characters name whos sets im organising or collecting. Or i should say farming for that particular set.

I feel your pain. I am not a hoarder. But I do have 12 characters. There are a wide range of sets I wish to keep for every eventuality. Given we have a house, in reality this should not be an issue, but of course we are extremely limited, because there is a lot more items in the game than armour sets which take up our bank and chest space.

I think there should be a no limit chest we can purchase from the Crown store, that only allows armour sets, weapons and jewellery. This would function similar to the Craft bag ESO members have - i.e there is no limit.

From an ESO perspective, the argument may be, 'but then no one will buy all the other chests'. To a certain extent this may be true, but the no limit chest could be more expensive to account for this potential lost revenue, and it would only store armour, weapons and jewellery so other chests would be required for all the other gear.
    Edited by Grianasteri on June 18, 2019 2:11PM
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First thing to point out is that dropped equipment under CP160 is not worth keeping, unless you have an immediate need for it. You won't collect a set of overland gear at the same level, because your character will inevitably level up between the first piece and the last, probably to the point where the first one is too low level to bother with.

A crafter character can make a complete set of gear at one time, matched to the character's needs. So the Crafted sets are a different matter, and you'd probably want to keep sets at about 10 level intervals for those. e.g. 24/34/44 of Hunding's, Julianos, and maybe a tank set like Fortified Brass. The "maybe" is because levelling as a tank is slow, and it's probably better to level as DPS and switch at L50.

I do have a "wardrobe" chest where I store those crafted sets. One is enough. A second chest holds the Undaunted shoulders that await their matching helms, and duplicates are only kept if they're different weights, and there are characters waiting to use them.

Anything else gets farmed as it's wanted, as the collecting locations are known.
  • wishlist14
    wishlist14
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ghastley wrote: »
    First thing to point out is that dropped equipment under CP160 is not worth keeping, unless you have an immediate need for it. You won't collect a set of overland gear at the same level, because your character will inevitably level up between the first piece and the last, probably to the point where the first one is too low level to bother with.

A crafter character can make a complete set of gear at one time, matched to the character's needs. So the Crafted sets are a different matter, and you'd probably want to keep sets at about 10 level intervals for those. e.g. 24/34/44 of Hunding's, Julianos, and maybe a tank set like Fortified Brass. The "maybe" is because levelling as a tank is slow, and it's probably better to level as DPS and switch at L50.

I do have a "wardrobe" chest where I store those crafted sets. One is enough. A second chest holds the Undaunted shoulders that await their matching helms, and duplicates are only kept if they're different weights, and there are characters waiting to use them.

Anything else gets farmed as it's wanted, as the collecting locations are known.

Thank you for your comments much appreciated 😊
  • wishlist14
    wishlist14
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I feel your pain. I am not a hoarder. But I do have 14 characters. There are a wide range of sets I wish to keep for every eventuality. Given we have a house, in reality this should not be an issue, but of course we are extremely limited, because there is a lot more items in the game than armour sets which take up our bank and chest space.

I think there should be a no limit chest we can purchase from the Crown store, that only allows armour sets, weapons and jewellery. This would function similar to the Craft bag ESO members have - i.e there is no limit.

From an ESO perspective, the argument may be, 'but then no one will buy all the other chests'. To a certain extent this may be true, but the no limit chest could be more expensive to account for this potential lost revenue, and it would only store armour, weapons and jewellery so other chests would be required for all the other gear.

Thank you for your support
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One thing to keep in mind for overland sets, unless it is a set you actually have a plan for or actually use, there is no point in keeping any of the body pieces. Purple Jewelry and weapons sure. But body pieces are easy to farm and are cheap to buy.

You could apply the same thing to dungeon sets. Keep purple jewelry and weapons, get rid of any body pieces you do not need. If you are collecting a set, stick to the trait and weapons you need and get rid of everything else.
  • rsantijw13
    rsantijw13
    ✭✭✭
    Attunable weapon/armor racks is the answer imo. Once one has a set placed on it i can only hold that set up to 15 pieces total for each rack. plus it might look cool in a house to see weapons and armor. This idea has been rejected many times by them.