Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Mulaamnir (SPOILERS)

ZiRM
ZiRM
✭✭✭✭✭
Anyone figure out how to get past his Moon Blast? Almost 50k damage... BOOM!
I've died about 20 times trying to figure out how to kill this DRAGON! ;)

7467020e4be977e953474218b55f5a03.jpg
Want to become Vampire? 5k @ZiRM in game.
ESO Server Status. ( ^_^)o自自o(^_^ ) SkåL!!!!!
  • Casdha
    Casdha
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't know, I chose the other option.
    Proud member of the Psijic Order - The first wave - The 0.016%

• Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I did that fight with my templar. Died twice and then I put vampire mist form on my bar and between that and breath of life, I survived the Moon Blast. It was a very challenging fight! Kudos to ZOS for that.

@Casdha What other option?
    Edited by Hippie4927 on May 25, 2019 1:26AM
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    n/m
    Edited by SydneyGrey on January 19, 2020 4:10AM
  • ValandarTheRed
    ValandarTheRed
    ✭✭✭
    So... for most players without the right skills and the like, in other words, he's unbeatable.
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    So... for most players without the right skills and the like, in other words, he's unbeatable.

@ValandarTheRed

He's not unbeatable without the right skills. It's just that you might die a lot in the process of killing him. When you die and rez back, his health is down as far as you got it. So hit him as hard as you can before the next Moon Blast and when you die his health will be a little further down. Rinse and repeat until he is dead. Also, when the prompt comes up for the horn, use it. It helps a lot.
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • Inaya
    Inaya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most frustrating fight ever. No way I live thru moonblast. Gave up last night. Will go in again with lotsa wine so by the time I finish at least I won't be growling
  • ValandarTheRed
    ValandarTheRed
    ✭✭✭
    Hippie4927 wrote: »

@ValandarTheRed

He's not unbeatable without the right skills. It's just that you might die a lot in the process of killing him. When you die and rez back, his health is down as far as you got it. So hit him as hard as you can before the next Moon Blast and when you die his health will be a little further down. Rinse and repeat until he is dead. Also, when the prompt comes up for the horn, use it. It helps a lot.

That's ... odd. Every other fight everywhere, when you die, the baddies' health goes back to full.
  • Imza
    Imza
    ✭✭✭✭
    if you can't hear it - Abnur Tharn is telling you to get into his shield... get into the centre circle to survive the blast.

I had to find a video to figure that one out as I couldn't hear Abnurs advice.

EDIT:

I found that if you stand in the circle - you can actually hear Abnur... otherwise you can't.
    Edited by Imza on May 26, 2019 3:27AM
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Imza wrote: »
    if you can't hear it - Abnur Tharn is telling you to get into his shield... get into the centre circle to survive the blast.

EDIT:

I found that if you stand in the circle - you can actually hear Abnur... otherwise you can't.

I play late at night so I have the sound off so as not to wake anyone. I had no idea there was a shield. I completed that quest already but I will have to keep this in mind for my other characters. Thanks for letting us know! :smile:
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, don't use your soul gems. If you die, select "resurrect at wayshrine." It'll just bring you back to the door you entered to fight the dragon. :)
  • ZiRM
    ZiRM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think I had the volume turned down so I didn't hear Abnur Tharn or anything being said. Thank you to everyone for the help.
    Awesomes and Insightfuls to you!
    Want to become Vampire? 5k @ZiRM in game.
    ESO Server Status. ( ^_^)o自自o(^_^ ) SkåL!!!!!
  • Casdha
    Casdha
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hippie4927 wrote: »
    I did that fight with my templar. Died twice and then I put vampire mist form on my bar and between that and breath of life, I survived the Moon Blast. It was a very challenging fight! Kudos to ZOS for that.

@Casdha What other option?

This is what I meant:
    The pic looks like the point where you have a choice to taunt the dragon or agree to speak with Tharn, I chose speak with Tharn. I don't know what the other option did, I thought they were saying what happened with the other option.
    Proud member of the Psijic Order - The first wave - The 0.016%

• Inaya
    Inaya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had my volume up but as Imza said unless you are standing in the middle you can't hear him telling you to get to the shield. You should be able to hear his instructions anywhere, in my opinion.

• lunawisp
    lunawisp
    ✭✭✭
    I've had the problem of missing audio cues and such things for *ages* with ESO. It can be helpful to turn subtitles on for major battles, you'll then get the cue appear on your screen even if you can't hear it.

As for this fight. It's just horrible. I created a necromancer and, following the story through, I turned up to this one with my character in it's mid teens, level wise. It took me three defeats and nearly twenty minutes to get the dragon's health bar to even show it was taking any damage. For almost all that time, the dragon was circling around out of range while damaging lightning strikes peppered me constantly. I get one hit with a wet tissue for each twenty of its hugely damaging hits. With those ridiculous mechanics coupled with a non-functional quickslot, I just gave up on it.
    lunawisp was my Peacebringer in City of Heroes - a game sadly consigned to history. She lives on in memory as my gaming id.
    Playing on EU PC Server.
  • KMarble
    KMarble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imza wrote: »

EDIT:

I've never died to an enemy as many times as I've died in this battle. I tried blocking, I tried healing through it, I tried hiding behind things...then I gave up and used Google.

Not only could I not hear Tharn, there were no subtitles. In fact, I've only heard and read his advice on the second or third time I was inside his shield. :/

To add insult to injury, the only thing I got from that battle was one of those treasure things that dragons drops, worth 100g. There was more loot, I saw it when I clicked the body, but my game didn't register them.

I have auto-loot turned on so it should have picked everything up automatically. No, my inventory wasn't full, and the dragon's body didn't have that aura that yet-to-be-looted bodies have, so I know there was no loot left behind.

I only checked my inventory when I was back in Rimmen, but if I'd checked it while inside the temple, I doubt it would make any difference, since there was nothing left to loot.

As a side note, I had a hard time firing my ultimate during the battle. The game didn't seem to respond to the command at times. I wonder if this is related to the problem I had stealing some quest items, after all, both the ultimate and the steal actions are bound to the R key (my keyboard is new, and the only use that computer has is to play the game).
  • UnseenCat
    UnseenCat
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you have a ranged attack, use it on Mulaanmir. In fact, this battle works well if you look at the paying field and see that there are three "rings". For Mulaanmir's initial appearance, stay in the outer ring and use ranged attacks. After he takes off, stay more or less in the contrasting middle ring where you have room to fight the second dragon and still avoid its attacks. For the third dragon, get in the center and fight up-close-and personal. When you drive that one off, Mulaanmir will unleash his Moon Blast -- and you'll be right in the center when Abnur's shield goes up. While Mulaanmir blasts away, you have time to regenerate health/mag/stam. As soon as the shield dissipates, run for the outer ring to resume distance attacks on Mulaanmir. Repeat this cycle until Mulaanmir is finally down. It will take several rounds to accomplish, but once you get the sequence down it's not so bad.
  • KiddKazz66
    KiddKazz66
    Soul Shriven
    You have stay in the center and take some damage then heal so when he gets ready to moon blast Tharn puts up a barrier to protect you, it me a couple of tries to figure it out
  • cyclonus11
    cyclonus11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You can't hear him the first time at all. I had to 'guess' about standing in the circle in the center.
  • jayssenrwb17_ESO
    Another fight that is completely unbalanced on PS4. I'm good up until the air atronarch spawns, he shreds me. I'm level 40 equipped with blue dungeon gear, I've breezed through most Elswyer content, but I cannot get passed this fight. The balancing in this expansion had been rubbish.
  • davidtb1982
    Another fight that is completely unbalanced on PS4. I'm good up until the air atronarch spawns, he shreds me. I'm level 40 equipped with blue dungeon gear, I've breezed through most Elswyer content, but I cannot get passed this fight. The balancing in this expansion had been rubbish.

Same I’ve just give up tonight after the air Atronach killed me about 8 times, I just can’t get past it. Anyone any tips on dealing with the air Atronach. Also anyone else feel as though roll dodge is glitched on this. Mine only seems to work every 4 or 5 tries meaning his lightening shots are taking my health and stamina right down making me unplayable. Not great when I’m a stamina necro as it is.

• SuperNeal
    SuperNeal
    Soul Shriven
    Yes. This is the WORST encounter of ESO I've ever had. And I started playing ESO in BETA.
  • wolfbone
    wolfbone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    thanks to some of the advice on here, I finally did it, mulamiir is dead, and the green dragon is defeated :sunglasses:
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    @UnseenCat

Thank-you very much for contributing your description of how to fight Mulaamnir!! I followed your advice and did not have to fight all that many rounds to kill that dragon.

The problem which I encountered originally was that Khamira and Abnur Tharn, respectively, disappeared from the scene after my character entered the final arena. I remember seeing what appeared to be a portal open near the entrance (which was behind my character at that point). So I had no idea whether they left entirely, or were around somewhere.

During the fighting, I could hear Abnur Tharn calling out that my character must "get in my shield" to survive the major "Moon Blast" of Mulaamnir. However, I never saw where the shield was located. After I found Khamira and Tharn were on a terrace of the northern building nearby, I tried standing at a location as close to them as I could get, but died nonetheless. That was when I decided to look for some advice and assistance online. .....

Again, thank-you for your contribution!

--- Shadowshire .......... ESO Plus on PC NA with Windows 7 Pro SP1

nil carborundum illegitimi
  • UnseenCat
    UnseenCat
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Shadowshire You're welcome!

I initially got confused in exactly the same the same way you did -- it seemed logical to run toward Abnur. Then I saw where he was putting the shield in the middle of the arena.

The Elsweyr "climax" battles are sort of solo mini-dungeons. Mechanics are important unless your build is such that you can brute-force your way through -- but even so, they discourage that. Like dungeons, I've come to expect a wipe or two until I can figure out how the puzzle works.

The Prologue quest for Dragonhold has a different, but somewhat related mechanic. I fully expect that the final fight and several along the way in the Dragonhold DLC will also be like this. Don't worry about clearing it the first time through -- watch what happens as you go and look for ways to work a strategic advantage, and watch for hints from NPCs.
  • seps42
    seps42
    ✭✭

Same I’ve just give up tonight after the air Atronach killed me about 8 times, I just can’t get past it. Anyone any tips on dealing with the air Atronach. Also anyone else feel as though roll dodge is glitched on this. Mine only seems to work every 4 or 5 tries meaning his lightening shots are taking my health and stamina right down making me unplayable. Not great when I’m a stamina necro as it is.

This is my problem. Cannot get past this air a**hole for anything. And can't get mulaanmir under 30.
    Edited by seps42 on January 7, 2020 7:04PM