Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

How does dungeon group loot work?

Stokowski
Stokowski
✭✭✭
New to all this. After a dungeon run there's some items that show up with this blue icon "<=>"

9cos1I2.png

And they have this tradeable timer:

phRhBlk.png

And right-clicking offers a new option (I think) called "Lock".

I have no idea what any of this means (except that there's a dungeon/group loot handling mechanic that I don't have a clue about).

Help, pretty please. I like shiney loots.

Best Answers

• StytchFingal
    StytchFingal
    ✭✭✭
    Dungeon Set gear is Bind on Pickup with the exception that is tradeable with and only with people who were grouped with you at the time it was looted and only for a set amount of time (no more than two hours after being looted, i f I recall correctly).
    Answer ✓
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stokowski wrote: »
    So the players I grouped with got different items, but with the same "can trade with other former group member" timers?

And if I do nothing, the items currently in my inventory become mine after the timer(s) expire?

You're correct, @Stokowski.

It's a two (2) hour timer that starts when the gear piece is looted.

Anyone in your group can freely trade those items (marked with the blue icon "<=>") with each other ... including any "shiney loots" that they don't want.

After the timer runs out, the piece becomes bound to your account.

Answer ✓
  • Grianasteri
    Grianasteri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stokowski wrote: »
    New to all this. After a dungeon run there's some items that show up with this blue icon "<=>"

And they have this tradeable timer:

And right-clicking offers a new option (I think) called "Lock".

I have no idea what any of this means (except that there's a dungeon/group loot handling mechanic that I don't have a clue about).

Help, pretty please. I like shiney loots.

As has been explained, the timer is the duration you can trade the loot with other players who completed the content with you at that time. After this, the loot become bound to your account.

You also asked about the "lock" function. This is very helpful to prevent the selling, trading or breaking down of an item you actually want to keep. All it does is prevent any of those things from happening, until you unlock it.
    Answer ✓
  • Stokowski
    Stokowski
    ✭✭✭
    So the players I grouped with got different items, but with the same "can trade with other former group member" timers?

And if I do nothing, the items currently in my inventory become mine after the timer(s) expire?
  • Stokowski
    Stokowski
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks muchly!