The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Question Mark Box BUG / Still not resolved

Caelnir
Caelnir
✭✭✭
Here is short history about what happened; Few days ago I noticed there is a big red box that has question mark on it on my Velothi Reveire house. I asked for help from ZOS developers. They were helpful enough to suggest I should uninstall all addons, repair the game and try again, which I did. Until they asked me to uninstall/re-install the game to try it out. If not, I can make a post on forums about it.

Since I am in no position to download GBs of patches just to try if some random box will disappear from my map, I am creating this post to get it done or see if anyone else experienced the same issue (or has some solutions for it) Oh right, after I asked help from my guild, someone said he also has the same bug for last a year and the box is still there, he couldn't get rid of it. (On same house)

Here is some info that can be useful in some way;

1) Basically it is giant box on Velothi house. Which seems to be also recognizing itself as a 2nd Velothi house aswell
2) Yet it puts a cost charge there like it is a wayshrine. When I click it via gold, nothing happens.
3) I can safely go in and out of the house.
4) The visual bug seems to be only on my main character. Box is not there on my alts.
5) I am %100 sure none of addons are cousing it since I uninstalled them all and repaired the game without them.
6) I own the game via steam
7) No I don't want to uninstall and install the game if you have some better things to suggest, unless it's my last chance.

07tbuvohgtqf.png

• Caelnir
    Caelnir
    ✭✭✭
    Also I would like to mention that box is still there when I zoom out to further view of the map. Until I zoom out to max (where you can see Coldharbour and Clockwork) then it goes away. Ofcourse coming back if you start zooming in.

Sometimes house icon goes under the box, sometimes stands above like in the screenshot I sent.

Thanks already.
    Options
  • Caelnir
    Caelnir
    ✭✭✭
    I am surprised that noone has encountered that bug here nor any of developers had a solution than "Reinstall your game" Feel free to lock the post :)
    Options
  • Forest_Rump
    Forest_Rump
    Soul Shriven
    Also had this exact same bug for a long time now. :(
    Options
  • Devoter
    Devoter
    Soul Shriven
    I have the exact same problem and am in the same place.
    Support can't help us, and devs will not fix it cos its very rare...
    bhs0atf7p90k.jpg
    Options
  • Caelnir
    Caelnir
    ✭✭✭
    So it has been a year since I made this topic. Few days ago, my Steam screwed up like every other Steam user and wanted me to download the whole game from scratch. Tried to find a work around but nothing worked. Then I thought it would be a good reason for me to get rid of this bug since that was the only solution ZOS suggested me; aka re-installing the game.

It took me 3 days to download ESO again (thanks to my awesome internet) and ta daaa.. even tho game was still fresh, bug has been there again. (Even on freshly downloaded ESO) I tried deleting/disabling all addons aswell but something is fishy about this bug. Could you please anyone from ZOS could take a look at this finally?
    Options
  • Devoter
    Devoter
    Soul Shriven
    We are still here... come on ZoS!
    jrtd47lg2kg4.jpg
    Options
  • Devoter
    Devoter
    Soul Shriven
    Was fixed after Elsweyr patch.
    \o/