Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Severe lag affecting game experience [ Much better after maintenance ]

Dominicano_FleddyFlu
Hello Folks, After the release of Elsweyr there has been lot of lag in the game, Sound cuts off while playing, The game freezes while you are fighting, people get booted out of dungeons and trials. I have followed the recommendations given in previous posts but the issue is still on,
This is really affecting the game xperience, I get killed in lot of fights and I hear the effect of a skill one minute after, whole trial groups are booted out when fighting a boss this is very annoying.

Is there a plan to fix this.
Edited by Dominicano_FleddyFlu on June 19, 2019 9:49PM
  • LiraTaurwen
    LiraTaurwen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello Folks, After the release of Elsweyr there has been lot of lag in the game, Sound cuts off while playing, The game freezes while you are fighting, people get booted out of dungeons and trials. I have followed the recommendations given in previous posts but the issue is still on,
    This is really affecting the game xperience, I get killed in lot of fights and I hear the effect of a skill one minute after, whole trial groups are booted out when fighting a boss this is very annoying.

ZoS said something about some possible improvements coming in 6 months but given their history of empty promisses...who knows!
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

ZoS said something about some possible improvements coming in 6 months but given their history of empty promisses...who knows!

They already promised basically the same type of streamlining and improvements last year or something. Bottom line is that it did very little to nothing. I guarantee that no matter what they decide to do, ESO is how it is and will be that way or worse until the end of its life span.
  • Dominicano_FleddyFlu
    Again, I started having these issues after elsweyr, never had a problem b4 and so is telling me everyone I talk to, I guess the issue is over population and I hope is resolved soon.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Again, I started having these issues after elsweyr, never had a problem b4 and so is telling me everyone I talk to, I guess the issue is over population and I hope is resolved soon.

They already upgraded the servers or so they say. Again, don’t hold your breath.
  • Dominicano_FleddyFlu
    Now I remember why I don’t post in Forums. I’ll just start a ticket with support
  • akl77
    akl77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea the lag is crazy, you go anywhere and you can’t run or walk fast cos the rendering has to catch up every step you go. When you go to somewhere with more npcs or players, you have to wait up to a min for them to appear on screen.
    In dungeons and trials too, the mobs already killing you but they not even appear on your screen yet, till after 10 sec, before Elsweyr dlc the game didn’t lag this bad, it has been getting this bad gradually since few months ago, and with Elsweyr it got extra worse.

ZOS, I hope someone does care and actually experience those on ps4 na, we are players too, not just pc eso matter.
    @ZOS_BillE

A lot of us stopped bothering to report those things on ps4 because ZOS doesn’t care about ps4 na and we’re wasting our time to write those up. Why I said ZOS doesn’t care, because I personally wrote a lot of those bug reports before and posted on forum or in game, they never gets fixed or addressed, the crashes and lag and performance issues or game bugs still there or gets worse, so our reports means our time wasting.
    Edited by akl77 on June 16, 2019 10:49PM
    Pc na
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    After I deleted the ESO local save data the lagging seems to be even worst:
    - Everything takes more time to load: character, scenarios, enemies.
    - Can't see enemies attacks
    - Fighting dragons is really annoying, most of the time I can't see the attacks and/or AoEs.

I'd like to try the new trial but with this kind of lagging and loading issues, the trial it will be a painful experience.
    Please fix this asap, the gaming experience it's painful atm.
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • Dominicano_FleddyFlu
    Hope the maintenance of the 19 fixes something
  • SpiderKnight
    SpiderKnight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Like usual, maintenance didn't improve anything. Wayshrine lag still exists (now going for over a year, gj Zos), mounts appearing still delayed, npc, enemy/friendly still delayed, skills still delayed.
  • Mintaka5
    Mintaka5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep. I am done with ESO for a while. They need to work on the networking infrastructure for this game, because it's awful. Yesterday was the day. I unsubbed both my accounts, and as a daily player, haven't logged into ESO in over a week. It had to be done. Those fat *** got up on stage and pitched a new expansion to us at E3, but they can't take all the money they made off existing players and invest it into reworking their game's infrastructure. Between skills failing to go off, hours of load screen times a day, spamming the queue for dungeons being a better solution to an overloaded dungeon queue, Cyrodiil is just an exploit haven mixed with horrible lag, and content that is inaccessible to me because it's fenced off by ridiculously high expectations of other players. IT'S OVER ZOS!!!!
  • Dominicano_FleddyFlu
    LIAR. You will not leave
  • Dominicano_FleddyFlu
    Downloading the update now
  • Dominicano_FleddyFlu
    Ok logged in for first time today, PS4 NA haven’t done any dungeon or trial but haven’t had any serious lag issues, most important for me sound latency apparently is gone I have been fighting and I am able to hear all the fxs without interruptions or freezing........ and yes there is a LOT of frigging people online jesus.

I’m happy to see progress