Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How can I level my crafting skills quicker/faster?

Ignance
Ignance
Soul Shriven
I'm a level 47 magsorc, and I've found myself struggling to up my crafting levels, I keep getting high level materials but I'm unable to use it due to being such a low level in each crafting skills (woodworking, clothing station etc.) what's a good method to gain XP for them besides deconstructing high rarity items and items with intricate on them?
s/o KTT
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Decon is about the only reasonable way , and fastest, to level gear crafting.

I have leveled all of gear and most of enchanting just by deconning mob loot as I level.by the time I am at L50, I am close on the gear crafts.

Also, remember, your going to invest about 60 or so skill points just to fully invest in gear crafting, figure 130 plus for all crafting lines. So do you have the Skill Points yet to invest?

Anyway, to grind up the skills, and other skills too, find a nice area that has a bunch of zombies or undead and farm the mobs and decon like crazy. They drop lots of gear and glyphs. Just rotate your combat skills while doing this so you can level those too.
    Edited by Nestor on June 12, 2019 2:44PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Rumba1
    Rumba1
    ✭✭✭
    Steal stuff, launder it then decon it.

If you go to the ships in Daggerfall harbor (go below decks-no guards) you can reliably steal 10 cloth items and 10 metal armor items per day, or per trip if you want to loot the ships repeatedly. Just raise your fencing/laundering passive in the Legerdemain skill line.

I did this on ten max level toons for about a week and raised clothier and blacksmith to 50 on one toon.
    Woodworking is harder, as are jewelry and enchant.

But there is a shortcut for enchant. If you make green tier ten glyphs on a master crafter and decon them on a new character the experience gain is the same as the ones you get from daily writ drops.
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Buy the level of mats you need. 1/2 you pick up in the wild should match your current crafting level as well.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make 2 crafters.

Step 1..Create on Crafter 1 > Decon on Crafter 2
    Step 2..Create on Crafter 2 > Decon on Crafter 1
    Step 3..Repeat from Step 1 until matts depleted.
    Step 4..Get new matts.
    Step 5..Repeat Step 3.

Deconning items crafted on the same character produces no experience.
    Moving them to a different character gives full Decon experience.
    Bonus? You get 2 crafters.
    Edited by Cathexis on June 14, 2019 8:57AM
    The Tomb of FPS Alteration Magic - Everything You Need to Know About FPS
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/520903/tomb-of-fps-alteration-magic-everything-you-need-to-know-about-fps
    Praise Malacath.
  • ganzaeso
    ganzaeso
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can also join a crafting guild. They usually have programs for helping members get their crafting levels up.

I run one on PC NA called Order of the Golden Moons.
  • goldenflameslinger
    goldenflameslinger
    ✭✭✭
    There is no rush to max out. Once you get there you will realize it takes like two human years to learn all of the traits! (That’s a slight exaggeration now with the crafting research scrolls, but it took me over a year originally). Crafting is the longest grind in the game. Master Angler is a grind but you can do that one at your own pace, crafting is locked behind timers.
    PS4 NA DC id: goldenflamesling
  • Ignance
    Ignance
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks for all the feedback guys.
    s/o KTT