Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

New lock system of campagns...why no way to change if made wrong choice?...

JusticeSouldier
JusticeSouldier
✭✭✭✭
at first day of new patch i came to non-cp 30 days campagn to see something there on my main EP character...
than i made a Home Campagn for him 30 days CP one and fighted there a few.

Today, i tryed to enter non-CP one with my DC character (most of my chars are DC)...and, campagn stayed locked as I discovered here.
So both campagns now for a month are not allowed to 6/7 of my pvp characters.
Because of one freaking mistake at first day of elsweyr patch...

@ZOS_BrianWheeler WHY campagn stayed locked after selecting another one as a Home with that character?
What's the point of this? How to change non-cp one for Daggerfall (4 characters, I was going to lock if for them) now?

PS: bad job of interface designers team. system should inform and ask many many times when such action can do so irreversible for eternity thing because of human factor.
Edited by JusticeSouldier on May 30, 2019 1:27AM
all classes. pc platform, dissapointed.
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    there's multiple warnings. and it only lasted for 30 days, not eternity.

read what you click next time.
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • JusticeSouldier
    JusticeSouldier
    ✭✭✭✭
    Davadin wrote: »

ty very very much for so smart, deep and unexpected advice, dear Davadin
    Edited by JusticeSouldier on May 30, 2019 6:04PM
  • Tsuriel
    Tsuriel
    ✭✭✭
    Davadin wrote: »

ty very very much for so smart, deep and unexpected advice, dear Davadin

Don't expect much help on this one. The lollers are behind this faction lock crusade so the response and attitude should be as rotten as their intentions.
  • Keturah
    Keturah
    ✭✭
    If you could just go and change it it wouldn't really be a lock would it? People would be "changing" back and forth which is what the locks are there to prevent.
    [EP] Tallía // Magplar
    [EP] Keturah Night // Magblade
    [EP] Skye Frost // Stamwarden
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This change was made due to exploiters. Ppl were simply logging in to paint the map on one colour and then re-log to another side and then paint the map again, on different colour (repeat the process).
    They were playing for AP only and not to actually win the campaign. It went as far as to even grab your own faction's scroll and instead of getting it back to temple go to other side of the map to run scroll-troll train and farm AP.

Aperantly this was not the way ZOS imagined cyro pvp, so they have added the lock.
  • JusticeSouldier
    JusticeSouldier
    ✭✭✭✭
    This change was made due to exploiters. Ppl were simply logging in to paint the map on one colour and then re-log to another side and then paint the map again, on different colour (repeat the process).
    They were playing for AP only and not to actually win the campaign. It went as far as to even grab your own faction's scroll and instead of getting it back to temple go to other side of the map to run scroll-troll train and farm AP.

Aperantly this was not the way ZOS imagined cyro pvp, so they have added the lock.

in such case it would be enouch to set like few days cooldown...3-7 to solve a problem, not 30 days.
    also...as it would be at the start of the ANY such changes there should be like 1 attempt at least to do wrong choice...this is the right way how to implement things, not the current one.
    I'm not a robot. You are not a robot. We do mistakes. Humans.
    Especially with Zenimax-Bethesda style of descriptions for things.
    Here always not enouch clear definitions even for people who was born in english-speaking country...It's not me sure.

@ZOS_BrianWheeler What person I should to tag to up this problem and prevent such things in a future?
    Here I want to add that your team is not a robots also, but ... friends, u call yourself professionals in this field... can u fix wrong things in a week or month, not after years of reasonable complaining ...?
    Like still unsolved premade vs random queue battlegrounds for example...
    What is this?
    Where is your responcibility?
    Edited by JusticeSouldier on June 1, 2019 9:01PM
  • kyle.wilson
    kyle.wilson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seeing as how you've been quite active on the forums lately. I don't understand how you didn't see one of the many threads complaining about the faction lock before Elleswyr launched.

Plus, the warning are quite clear when you clicked through them.
  • kyle.wilson
    kyle.wilson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    at first day of new patch i came to non-cp 30 days campagn to see something there on my main EP character...
    than i made a Home Campagn for him 30 days CP one and fighted there a few.

Today, i tryed to enter non-CP one with my DC character (most of my chars are DC)...and, campagn stayed locked as I discovered here.
    So both campagns now for a month are not allowed to 6/7 of my pvp characters.
    Because of one freaking mistake at first day of elsweyr patch...

@ZOS_BrianWheeler WHY campagn stayed locked after selecting another one as a Home with that character?
    What's the point of this? How to change non-cp one for Daggerfall (4 characters, I was going to lock if for them) now?

PS: bad job of interface designers team. system should inform and ask many many times when such action can do so irreversible for eternity thing because of human factor.

Considering how easy it was to exploit around the last faction lock. I think ZOS made more protections this go around.
    You shouldn't blame the inability to read on bad interface design.
  • JusticeSouldier
    JusticeSouldier
    ✭✭✭✭
    Seeing as how you've been quite active on the forums lately. I don't understand how you didn't see one of the many threads complaining about the faction lock before Elleswyr launched.

i'm very glad u think u should attack me personally instead of thinking what if it shoudnt be in such way.
    good job mate, very smart.
  • JusticeSouldier
    JusticeSouldier
    ✭✭✭✭
    Considering how easy it was to exploit around the last faction lock. I think ZOS made more protections this go around.

i or any of people i know never exploited this. why did this hurt me?
    and to deny exploit of this - no need to lock campagns for whole duration. it's poor design.
    headache? - a guillotine!

Actually, i 've a way how to resolve this trash - it should lock the campagn for alliance not when u enter it.
    But when u get inside first aliance points...

@ZOS_BrianWheeler its focus on exploiters, but less possible to lock it accidentally as I did
    Edited by JusticeSouldier on June 15, 2019 8:38AM
  • Vietfox
    Vietfox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

i'm very glad u think u should attack me personally instead of thinking what if it shoudnt be in such way.

Lmao you are quite sensitive. Please quote the part where Kyle "attacked" you.
    As others have said, try to read next time :)
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because the whole point of faction lock is to play one faction for one campaign cycle, win or lose. You can't accidently queue for Cyrodiil, so you saw the warning about the faction lock.

"I made the wrong choice" could mean:
    I didn't understand the warning.
    I ignored the warning.
    My friends decided to play on a different faction and didnt tell me.
    My faction is losing and I want to swap sides.
    My faction is winning and I want to swap sides.
    I want to Emperor swap, so I want ro swap sides.
    I want to troll, so I want to swap sides.

So there's no way to distinguish "I made an honest mistake" from all the other reasons, some of which are exactly why we got faction lock back in the first place.
  • Master_Kas
    Master_Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Keturah wrote: »
    If you could just go and change it it wouldn't really be a lock would it? People would be "changing" back and forth which is what the locks are there to prevent.

It's a game, something you play for fun.

Not a real life war. The locks are BS and they should've locked the wastelands of the 7day campaign so all the toxic pro-faction lock players could have their boring little roleplay there.
    EU | PC
  • D0RID0RI240
    D0RID0RI240
    ✭✭✭✭
    Once again, faction lock zelots repeat the meme of "To bad, this was to stop exploiters who just painted the map different colors on all three factions and farmed emp!" while this has categorically never occurred on either 30 campaign since 1 Tamriel on PCNA. You know where it did occur? On the god damned 7 day campaign. "All you faction hoppers can just go to the 7 day, and leave us purists who have conflated real life ideals with a game featuring Elves, talking cats, and dragons alone!"
  • JusticeSouldier
    JusticeSouldier
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vietfox wrote: »

Lmao you are quite sensitive. Please quote the part where Kyle "attacked" you.
    As others have said, try to read next time :)

i'm very sensitive when someone try to hide main point of thread under secondary fact that i done human mistake.
    And it's definitely direct attack and manipulation.
    But problem is that this Lock made discomfort for wrong targets.
    And that with this change people can do same mistakes as me.
    But very rare they write here that they done them.
    Partially because of such persons who will blame the player because of human mistake, but not Envinronment which allow or sometimes force u to do it.
    Bad investigation, lazy way to "fix" cyrodiil for exploiter's.
    I feel myself here very often beta- or tester working for free but not player.
    This is important.
    I want deliver this to Zenimax/Bethesda team. They should be more responsible.
    Edited by JusticeSouldier on June 17, 2019 10:58PM
  • JusticeSouldier
    JusticeSouldier
    ✭✭✭✭
    Because the whole point of faction lock is to play one faction for one campaign cycle, win or lose. You can't accidently queue for Cyrodiil, so you saw the warning about the faction lock.

I ignored the warning.

So there's no way to distinguish "I made an honest mistake" from all the other reasons, some of which are exactly why we got faction lock back in the first place.

"I didn't understand the warning" = "I made an honest mistake" when warning is not clear enouch.
    When your just loggin into cyrodiil...which is quite often only too see what golden vendor sell at this weekend and maybe buy it.
    In my case 90% of login to cyrodiil are for this.
    When i have time, I play battlegrounds for many reasons, zergdiil rare and not in primetime.
    In this case, it was the same.
    I still didn't got any alliance points there with any character.
    And 6 of them are not able to do this, because both campagns locked for EP. Cool.
  • Wihuri
    Wihuri
    ✭✭✭
    I ignored the warning.

I think you forgot I HAVE A CHARACTER PARKED IN CYRODIIL ON THE WRONG FACTION AND THE SYSTEM REQUIRES YOU TO LOG ON THAT CHARACTER TO TAKE IT OFF LEADERBOARD RANKINGS AND THEN WHEN YOU LOG INTO THAT CHARACTER YOU ARE INSTANTLY LOCKED ONTO THE WRONG FACTION. There is no option on the interface to just unlock that campaign for another faction even if you haven't gained any AP during that campaign cycle. It's broken. And before anyone tells me to park the characters out of Cyrodiil: Yes you can do that, but would be nice to know beforehand. Once you are in that situation it doesn't help. It's only 30 days? Why don't you just go to jail for 30 days? It's only 30 days it can't be that bad!
  • Royalthought
    Royalthought
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alt locks are a brain dead dumb decision.

Faction locks should only exist if ALL your created characters are locked to that faction.

What's worse is saying "oh it's great cause all my alts are on one faction."

Next they should lock campaigns to one character. That way the people who only ever made one toon can tell the people with multiples on one faction how great and fair it is. Lol
  • dtsharples
    dtsharples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All you need to do is log into a character on the faction that you plan to play for in the new campaign FIRST, then go to the PVP Menu and select 'Home' in the campaign that you want to play on.
    If you haven't logged into any other character it will ask if you want to lock your current characters faction to the campaign.
    It has nothing to do with leaderboards, if you haven't logged into another character in the new campaign then you won't even be on a leaderboard. It's quite a simple idea really.
  • Wihuri
    Wihuri
    ✭✭✭
    dtsharples wrote: »
    All you need to do is log into a character on the faction that you plan to play for in the new campaign FIRST, then go to the PVP Menu and select 'Home' in the campaign that you want to play on.
    If you haven't logged into any other character it will ask if you want to lock your current characters faction to the campaign.
    It has nothing to do with leaderboards, if you haven't logged into another character in the new campaign then you won't even be on a leaderboard. It's quite a simple idea really.

No you can't do that. The system requires you to log on all the characters that are locked into that campaign and reassign their home campaigns. After that you can assign that campaign as home on another faction. Now if any of them happened to be logged inside cyrodiil, you will get locked into the wrong faction the instant you log into that character.