The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Volendrung Should Not Be Usable By The Faction With Emperor

Aliyavana
Aliyavana
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
When Volendrung was announced, It was advertised as an Emperor killer, with it being restricted from being used by the emperor to fulfill that purpose. It is true that it isn't usable by an Emperor, but the fact that the faction that has an Emperor is able to claim it, its original purpose becomes redundant when the hammer wielder is able to run alongside the Emperor. This results in them being able to quickly proceed to killing off the activity in the map.

Please extend the restriction and make Volendrung unable to be picked up by the faction with Emperor so that its purpose can be fulfilled.
Edited by Aliyavana on June 13, 2019 6:38PM
  • SosRuvaak
    SosRuvaak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    emps have soo many bonus stats already.
    i used to play cryodiil from 8pm-5am every night, but the power imbalance has just gotten worse and worse.
    idk why they ever made it an option for the emp to pick that up, its almost like they didnt think of it being an issue at all. lol.
    For the Pact!
    ~Sump Scales~
    Lusty Argonian Nightblade
    ~Baron Humbert von Gikkingen~
    Smokes-His-Greens
    ~Ruvaak~
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SosRuvaak wrote: »
    i used to play cryodiil from 8pm-5am every night, but the power imbalance has just gotten worse and worse.
    idk why they ever made it an option for the emp to pick that up, its almost like they didnt think of it being an issue at all. lol.

Emperors are not able to use it normally. Their faction is able to use it however.
  • siddique
    siddique
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SosRuvaak wrote: »

I don't think Emperors can pick it up. The op meant the alliance which has the current Emperor, any member of that alliance should not be able to pick it, which is a bad idea.
    "Knee-jerk reactionist."
    Lost Depths, 2015-2022.
  • Loralai_907
    Loralai_907
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EMP cannot pick it up, but it is my understanding that should the carrier of the hammer become EMP, they keep both.

PC-NA - formerly, mommadani907Guild: Weeping Angels - Co-GMTwitter: @ Loralai_907 several Alt accounts....CP 1700+
    Active characters:Fauna Rosewood ( Bosmer Stam DK - Master Crafter/AD)///Loralai Darknova (Drunken Zombie Bosmer Stam Sorc - PvP/AD)Lilith Darknova ( Dunmer Mag DK - Master Crafter - PvP/AD)///and roughly 1billion alts
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every good Emp runs with a support group so it is OP when one of the Emp's group can pick it up.
  • FierceSam
    FierceSam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You are assuming that Volendrung has been introduced to bring balance and allow losing sides to get back into the fight.. it hasn’t. It’s simply been brought in to add some chaos.

From the developers’ perspective it’s there to ensure that battle goes on, that keeps are no longer secure, so they are not really worried which side has it, or if they have/become the emperor. All they are interested in is creating new chaotic fights around a map which often becomes tedious and predictable.
  • r34lian
    r34lian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aliyavana wrote: »
    When Volendrung was announced, It was advertised as an Emperor killer, with it being restricted from being used by the emperor to fulfill that purpose. It is true that it isn't usable by an Emperor, but the fact that the faction that has an Emperor is able to claim it, its original purpose becomes redundant when the hammer wielder is able to run alongside the Emperor. This results in them being able to quickly proceed to killing off the activity in the map.

Please extend the restriction and make Volendrung unable to be picked up by the faction with Emperor so that its purpose can be fulfilled.

Hmmm EP doing every single time in PC NA
    Edited by r34lian on June 14, 2019 6:29AM
    2000 CP • 18 Maxed Characters • 6 Altmers • 7 Redguards • Necromancer Orc • Warden Dunmer • DK Nord • DK Imperial • Templar Breton
  • peoplething
    peoplething
    ✭✭✭
    yep, if you have it and then Emp, you get both. Emp's can't pick it up.

I second the op's idea. I know it's only the first month, but one faction jumped out to a huge lead early (like over 10k points) on KAAAAGHHGonad with both the hammer and emp. Neither of the other factions could even hope to close the gap. Chat's pretty much full of "we're just farming AP now, there's no point in trying to do anything".

Plus there were a few times when a faction could hold on to it for over an hour.

• TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FierceSam wrote: »
    You are assuming that Volendrung has been introduced to bring balance and allow losing sides to get back into the fight.. it hasn’t. It’s simply been brought in to add some chaos.

From the developers’ perspective it’s there to ensure that battle goes on, that keeps are no longer secure, so they are not really worried which side has it, or if they have/become the emperor. All they are interested in is creating new chaotic fights around a map which often becomes tedious and predictable.

Game already had enough chaos, just look at the code. lmao
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    When they introduce the next weapon, I'm sure it won't ever spawn in the same alliance that already has the hammer and Emp.

Fear is the Mindkiller
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When they introduce the next weapon, I'm sure it won't ever spawn in the same alliance that already has the hammer and Emp.

hmm, im not sure bout that
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the intention of the weapon was to allow an underdog faction a chance to catch up, then I agree somewhat. It should not be able to be wielded by the leading faction. I suppose it depends on how ZOS defines the leader. The faction with the most points? The faction with the most objectives currently? The faction with the highest population? Or the faction that currently holds Emperor?

Yes, It's potentially overpowered if wielded by the same faction as the emp, but if the emp faction is 20k points behind the other two factions, you could make an argument that they need the assistance, just in a different way.
  • misfitmanic
    misfitmanic
    ✭✭✭
    I like it just the way it is. This week I ventured into Cyro on the new Azuras/Trueflame/Vivec camp. When volun spawned the map went wild. My faction laid the claim, crowned emp, and ran 3 scrolls AT ONCE. It was glorious. It was the first time in 6+ months that I’ve honestly enjoyed pvp. It was so fun I saw through the various performance issues that drove me away from Cyro in the first place. Well done devs.

Now please please please focus on performance ;)
    Edited by misfitmanic on June 14, 2019 4:12AM
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think pummeling Goliath is the unintended counter to everything.