The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Quick vMA Weapon Question (Answered)

General_Zeranth
General_Zeranth
✭✭✭✭
So as of today on my fourth run I finally got a Maelstrom's Bow, however its Nirnhoned. I would like to ask those who tend to know better than I do, what would be the preferred trait for transmuting for this Bow?
The character who will be using it most is my Stamsorc who earned it.

Thanks for the help in advanced! <3
Edited by General_Zeranth on May 26, 2019 8:56AM
Xbox - NA

Self confessed Master Angler title chaser.

Titles Earned: 10/∞
  • Casul
    Casul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I assume pve because it's not really a pvp weapon. The correct trait would be infused with a weapon damage enchant on it. This let's it proc off endless hail and gives you a constant damage boost. Also congrats on getting the bow.
    PvP needs more love.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    -Are you ever going to play bow/bow?
  • General_Zeranth
    General_Zeranth
    ✭✭✭✭
    @BuildMan
    Definitely PvE only so Infused is the best choice. Awesome! I'll gather the trasmute stones and get it set up later on. Thank you very much for the help BuildMan and for the congrats! ^w^ Happy to have seen it drop so quickly.

@FrancisCrawford
    Probably not in the foreseeable future but if it has merits I'm willing to try it. What do you suggest?
    Edited by General_Zeranth on May 26, 2019 8:05AM
    Xbox - NA

• FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @BuildMan
    Definitely PvE only so Infused is the best choice. Awesome! I'll gather the trasmute stones and get it set up later on. Thank you very much for the help BuildMan and for the congrats! ^w^ Happy to have seen it drop so quickly.

@FrancisCrawford
    Probably not in the foreseeable future but if it has merits I'm willing to try it. What do you suggest?

I'm not enough of a stamina player to make any recommendations. I just wanted to check whether you were ever likely to use two bows at once.

The only bow/bow I've played recently has been in the landscape on a Redguard DK, after I noticed that she could get 62% stamina cost reduction on the three poison bow skills. (25% from the DK poison passive, 15% that everybody gets on bow skills, 14% from medium armor, and 8% from being a Redguard.) That build may have more sustain than anybody needs. Further, one of its virtues is that you can spam Arrow Spray, and I think spamming of Arrow Spray does less damage in the Elsweyr patch than before.
  • General_Zeranth
    General_Zeranth
    ✭✭✭✭
    @FrancisCrawford
    Hmmm... I can definitely see the fun in a Bow/Bow build and I do have an old Redguard DK I can test it out on.
    I'll give it a shot! Thanks for the idea! ^w^
    Xbox - NA

• FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @FrancisCrawford
    Hmmm... I can definitely see the fun in a Bow/Bow build and I do have an old Redguard DK I can test it out on.
    I'll give it a shot! Thanks for the idea! ^w^

Enjoy!

Come to think of it, my question was a little mistargeted anyway. Even if you go bow/bow, you'll only want a Maelstrom bow on one bar, namely the bar where Endless Hail is. There only are two scenarios in which you wouldn't want Infused as your trait:
    • The bar where you have Endless Hail is your main/front bar.
    • You're using poisons.

Neither seems very likely. And even then, double Infused might be as good as anything.

And by the way -- having multiple Infused weapons to swap out has merit, if for no other reason than that against the right enemies, Prismatic Onslaught is a very strong glyph.

• Darkdex
    Darkdex
    ✭✭✭
    Infused.

Paired with a berserker enchantment equals a wooping 450 Weapon Damage Buff as long as your endless Hail is running 90%+ of the time.
  • Kraezy
    Kraezy
    ✭✭✭
    So as of today on my fourth run I finally got a Maelstrom's Bow,

Grats on the bow but don't ever construct a sentence like that again ! :)Fourth run and you FINALLY got it.....

Done it so many times on my stamDK, went with the cheese petsorc method and have ran it 21 times in the past week.

20 Staves
    1 2h Maul

I'd be happy to just see a lockpick in the chest for variation at this point.