The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Crafting Certification for new crafting alts - My experience with PC US and Elsweyr.

Thorvik_Tyrson
Thorvik_Tyrson
✭✭✭
Ok, With getting my ESO+ crowns for the next year($40 savings), I decided to invest some of those crowns into getting the rest of the character slots so that I can do the crafting daily writs on 18 characters. So this lead me to discover what is the most efficient/easy way of getting those new classes started with their crafting writs. I started playing the game just over 2 month ago, so I am most familiar with the Summerset/Alinor crafting area as that was my tutorial/starting area. From this experience, I knew that you had to be class level 6 for the NPC's to show up in Alinor. What I did not realize at the time is that the NPC's in Vivec city do not show up until class level 7!

Yesterday I took one of my characters at class level 5 and went looking in Alinor, Vivec City, and Elsweyr (Sorry, but I dont remember the city name) and no NPC's to be found anywhere.
Class Level 6 - NPC's in Alinor and Elsweyr.
Class Level 7 - NPC's in Vivec city.

The layout for crafting certs in Elsweyr is very bad IMO, the NPC's are located across town inside the Fighters Guild. The writ turn in is also on the other side of town. Due to these considerations, Elsweyr is out as the worst setup for crafting certification IMO.
In Alinor, Daniel Tellelo(SP?) is right next to the crafting area, but Millineth is way across town next to the wayshrine.
In Vivec City, both NPC's are in the middle of the crafting area, but there is no Jewelry crafting cert there.

Taking all of the above into consideration, this is my solution/recommendation for crafting certs:
Level to class level 6. This includes doing the starter quest in VVardenfel to get the Vivec city wayshrine and unlock the daily Delve quests.
Go to Alinor and do the Jewelry, provisioning, enchanting, and Alchemy certification.
By this point you should be class level 7.
Travel to Vivec City and do the remaining certs with Millineth.
Travel to your preferred city and do your crafting daily writ's.

I prefer Alinor for doing the crafting daily writs as the area is brightly lit, and I do not have trouble with getting the interface to show up that I experienced in Vivec city while trying to use the tables there.

I hope this helps some other noob ESO players like me out there that are ready to go thru this experience.
Thorvik
  • phwaap
    phwaap
    ✭✭✭
    This is interesting as I maxed out my character slots to craft for the first week of the five year celebration.

My first two were done in Alinor. Running up to Millenith is a pain. When I tried out Vivec City, everyone moved to there.

I don't recall the level 7 thing. The notice shows up on the board and you have to go over to the city proper to get them to show up in the crafting area. After that it's so quick with a follow up in Alinor for jewelry. A small downside in stealing the recipe as well.

For daily crafting, the bank being right there in Vivec City, without a load screen, stablemaster up the hill, and the outlaws refuge is key. The only thing missing is an outfit station.