The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Ciirenas the Shepherd in Fungal Grotto II

MoaRRise
MoaRRise
Soul Shriven
I know this boss is often skipped anyway. But since the recent changes to CC immunity, anyone wanna share an idea how a tank can handle the spiders? They dont follow aggro and cant be hold in place at all. So currently the best idea I had was to constantly chain them back, which is far from optimal. Any better solution is highly appreciated.
  • r3turn2s3nd3r
    r3turn2s3nd3r
    ✭✭✭✭
    They do follow aggro. Someone in the group will get a dark beam above them randomly. They have aggro. They need to kite away from the boss until the spiders change to someone else.
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    They do follow aggro. Someone in the group will get a dark beam above them randomly. They have aggro. They need to kite away from the boss until the spiders change to someone else.

^

She'll also cycle who has the beam. Tank can always keep boss aggro, if you're lucky heal or tank gets spiders and dps wreck her.
    Edited by DocFrost72 on June 12, 2019 7:13PM
  • r3turn2s3nd3r
    r3turn2s3nd3r
    ✭✭✭✭
    DocFrost72 wrote: »

^

She'll also cycle who has the beam. Tank can always keep boss aggro, if you're lucky heal or tank gets spiders and dps wreck her.

Or just bring 3 45k+ dps and nuke it all. :smiley:
  • MoaRRise
    MoaRRise
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks guys. I know that beam mechanic. But I was used to work around and just CC the spiders somewhere until the job is done. Maybe I will have to play this thing called mechanics in future.
  • karekiz
    karekiz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Or just bring 3 45k+ dps and nuke it all. :smiley:

At that point better to just skip
  • Ankaridan
    Ankaridan
    ✭✭✭
    As a tank (DK), I pull aggro on boss before the glass cannons get there (I just run straight through/ignore the previous pull because dps will never stop and wait), and once I'm close to all 3 spiders, I use Talons. Then Talons. Then Talons. Then Talons. Occasionally, I also use Talons.

If the boss isn't dead by then, time to see what's new on Netflix. I'll check back after a movie.
  • MoaRRise
    MoaRRise
    Soul Shriven
    Ankaridan wrote: »
    As a tank (DK), I pull aggro on boss before the glass cannons get there (I just run straight through/ignore the previous pull because dps will never stop and wait), and once I'm close to all 3 spiders, I use Talons. Then Talons. Then Talons. Then Talons. Occasionally, I also use Talons.

If the boss isn't dead by then, time to see what's new on Netflix. I'll check back after a movie.

Thats exacly how I did it in the past. But with the recent changes, the will just run away.
  • John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ankaridan wrote: »

That's what the thread have started with. Since Elsweyr, talons will give them immobilization immunity.

But yes, @MoaRRise , it's easy enough by just following mechanics - whoever currently has that dark column around them (same visual as in Maw when panthers are targeting you), kites the spiders around while the group's burning the boss.
  • Suddwrath
    Suddwrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This boss is incredibly easy to do with a DK tank:

1) Once the spiders are away from the boss, use talons
    2) Heavy attack boss with a frost staff to taunt and get magicka back
    3) Use talons again
    4) Heavy attack with frost staff
    5) Rinse and repeat.

Even if the tank loses aggro of the spooders the talon spam will keep them in place, and the frost staff heavy attacks will taunt the main boss, give you magicka for the talon spam, and give you a small damage shield.
  • r3turn2s3nd3r
    r3turn2s3nd3r
    ✭✭✭✭
    SaltySudd wrote: »
    This boss is incredibly easy to do with a DK tank:

Even if the tank loses aggro of the spooders the talon spam will keep them in place, and the frost staff heavy attacks will taunt the main boss, give you magicka for the talon spam, and give you a small damage shield.

But talons can't be 'spammed' anymore, they give root/immobilization immunity now.
  • John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @SaltySudd , spiders are not tauntable for one (if they follow the tank, it's just coincidence, they're just following whoever random party member that has column of darkness above their head, and they switch targets from time to time), plus yes, talons now give immobilization immunity to mobs.
  • Suddwrath
    Suddwrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @SaltySudd , spiders are not tauntable for one (if they follow the tank, it's just coincidence, they're just following whoever random party member that has column of darkness above their head, and they switch targets from time to time), plus yes, talons now give immobilization immunity to mobs.

I'm aware they they are not tauntable. I was saying that even if the tank lost aggro (after having been randomly chosen) the spiders could still be rooted away from the group. With the new immunity, the tank can still root the spiders after 3 seconds once they get out of the previous talons. This will be easy if the tank has aggro since they will not go anywhere, but if it changes to one of the dps then all they will need to do is step out of the group and the tank can root them again once the immunity wears off.

The easiest way to do this is whoever initially has aggro of the spiders at the beginning of the fight runs as far away from the group as possible, the tank roots the spiders, that dps/healer runs back to the group. As the spiders run back towards the group after getting out of the talons the tank should have time to root them another 1 or 2 times. Rinse and repeat. That way too much dps isn't lost on the boss if a melee dps has the aggro of the spiders and they stay away from the group until they lose aggro.

Or if the pug isn't coordinated, whoever has aggro of the spiders just stays away from the group the entire time and then comes back once the aggro changes to someone else. The biggest downside to this would be a loss in dps if a melee character stays away from the boss for that duration.
    Edited by Suddwrath on June 14, 2019 3:03PM