Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

After Elsweyr update (5.0.5) weird fonts on mac?

Puodas
Puodas
✭✭
I'm having weird font issue like this one, and those dots on letters are moving :/

kt90xe11qyz0.png

8ojb9zsherft.png
Edited by Puodas on May 20, 2019 7:09PM
  • karpok
    karpok
    ✭✭✭
    Just experiencing the Same.
    I hadn’t time to look in depth but it looks like a resolution matter. By the way there were no issue on the pts a couple of days ago
    --
    Soumar, Aldmeri Sorcer
  • demerdecanswrath
    demerdecanswrath
    ✭✭✭
    I get weird font artifacting with an eGPU on 1x res. Not entirely distracting, but combined with this mess of a client one can only sigh so much.
    Characters:
    • Arien Larethian (High Elf Templar)
    • Relus Demerdecan (Redguard Dragonknight)
    • Elisia Bonaire (Breton Nightblade)

Proudly playing and producing content on a 2018 15" MacBook Pro.
  • tralmekub17_ESO
    I'm getting the same thing, but for me it started after updating to Mojave 10.14.15

s3s22i3412mc.png
    ptug3ny191u4.png
    w5zuvkvvdqtw.png
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Puodas

What is your system and in game resolutions set to?

Changing your resolution in game may help with the blurry font text you're experiencing.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Puodas
    Puodas
    ✭✭
    Hi @ZOS_BillE

It is set to 1680x1050 (currently my default res for mac)

Cant set it to higher and I dont want to lower it.. it was working perfectly before :/

Switching to fullscreen helps, but still every pixel is moving...
    Edited by Puodas on May 21, 2019 5:23PM
  • Puodas
    Puodas
    ✭✭
    Here is video of moving pixels :smile:https://streamable.com/d3dxs
  • Alhatariel
    Alhatariel
    ✭✭✭
    I have the same on my Mac. Changing resolution helps but this needs a fix.
  • FierceSam
    FierceSam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yup.

I’m a big fan of distressed fonts in print, where they really work, but not onscreen where they are simply nausea inducing

Let’s hope that ZOS pull their fingers out of their crown store pie and fix this fast.
  • Puodas
    Puodas
    ✭✭
    Probably they dont even care, like with FPS issues
  • nbennet
    nbennet
    Soul Shriven
    I am experiencing this issue also. It is not just fonts that are affected, but other in-game textures too (e.g. borders, skill icons). It occurs at all resolutions, and despite disabling all add-ons.
    There were no issues before Mojave 10.14.5 update.

I hope this can be fixed soon, it is completely nauseating and has caused me to stop playing temporarily.
  • amatol_ru
    amatol_ru
    Soul Shriven
    Same issue after Mojave 10.14.5 update :(
  • Puodas
    Puodas
    ✭✭
    Yes, I actually have mojave 10.14.5 too
  • karpok
    karpok
    ✭✭✭
    Submitted a ticket a few days ago. But not a single feedback (how bizarre ?)
    --
    Soumar, Aldmeri Sorcer
  • Puodas
    Puodas
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_BillE any update on this? Are you guys not gonna fix? :/
  • Ecstatica
    Ecstatica
    ✭✭✭
    I get this also since latest OS update. It's not unplayable by any stretch but a fix would be awesome!
    Filthy Gorgeous
    (PC/EU)
  • Natala
    Natala
    ✭✭
    I updated the OS yesterday and am getting this problem today. Yesterday it was all fine, today after updating I get the above problems.
  • Vivifier
    Vivifier
    ✭✭
    Same issue here at 1080p
    Edited by Vivifier on June 3, 2019 5:36AM
  • Cathrisa
    Cathrisa
    Soul Shriven
    After today's ESO update my update on this ...

... which is just to say that unfortunately nothing has changed. The text display is still broken, or rather something is wrong in displaying the font: The "holes" in the characters actually flicker, they aren't completely static.

Really annoying if one used to use smaller font sizes (as I did). Text now needs a lot of "guessing" or huge font sizes.

I am not sure if this is a ESO or a macOS issue, still I hope that someone more technically minded is working on this.
  • karpok
    karpok
    ✭✭✭
    Ok, now it's been 2 weeks with this issue that clearly started with Elsweyr. Already 2 patches released and no improvements at all.
    No official feedback here on the forum and no feedback on the ticket I opened. Is there still someone in the place ?

Looks like we will miss Murkmire-bugs feedback, which was already bad. I look forward to the next DLC release for Bugs 3.0 upgrades
    --
    Soumar, Aldmeri Sorcer
  • Natala
    Natala
    ✭✭
    After playing yesterday and today with it this is a worse problem than I thought for me. I'm now getting headaches from reading anything in game or even my eyes skimming over things. I can feel it starting generally within a few minutes of starting. I try to limit myself by just listening to the quests and not reading them but it only helps so much. Until this gets fixed I don't think I'll be able to play much at all.
  • Ecstatica
    Ecstatica
    ✭✭✭
    I have to say, it seemed minor at first but it really causes my eyes to hurt after playing for 30 mins or so. I hope it can be fixed soon.
    Filthy Gorgeous
    (PC/EU)
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Hi all, just letting you know we're actively working with Apple to resolve this issue. Thanks for your reports!
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Natala
    Natala
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Thank you so much for the update! I saw the post on reddit acknowledging the other issues but this one wasn't mentioned. I'm glad it is being worked on.
  • FierceSam
    FierceSam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good to know it’s being looked at.

It’s not a gamebreaker, but it’s bloody ugly and adds to the impression that ZOS don’t really care about the Mac or do any kind of testing on it.

Let’s hope it’s fixed soon.
  • Puodas
    Puodas
    ✭✭
    Anyone tested this after 5.0.8?
  • Natala
    Natala
    ✭✭
    Just opened it up after updating. The flickering font pixels still exist.
  • hattabatatta
    hattabatatta
    Soul Shriven
    Can confirm, that the flickering weird font still exists
    Edited by hattabatatta on June 11, 2019 6:35AM
  • Mainman99
    Mainman99
    ✭✭✭
    So You (ZoS) change something to the worse for OSX players and instead of reverting the faulty code you go to Apple to fix it?

Isn't it better to do things right BEFORE going live??
  • steven22
    steven22
    ✭✭✭
    Hey everyone,
    is there some kind of fix for this ? Thanks for the help.
    S.
    Main - Char : Dandriil - Tamriel Hero, Explorer, Stormproof,Overlord

Nightblade since Beta , ESO Plus , PC EU

Proud Magicka Nightblade
  • Puodas
    Puodas
    ✭✭
    I’m starting to think that all these FPS issues and rendering problems are related to apple changes to drivers, that is why last osx update broke rendering...
    Edited by Puodas on June 14, 2019 5:05PM