Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Bought base game, but now I don't know what exact package(s) to buy to unlock every expansion area.

pensic
pensic
Soul Shriven
I bought the base game for $9.99 on Steam the other day and decided that I really like it. Now what? I can't figure out which expansion(s), update(s), or package(s) I'm supposed to buy in order to unlock all other content (up to, and including Elsweyr).

Any help would be much appreciated!
  • pensic
    pensic
    Soul Shriven
    Some clarity:

1. I played the beta many years ago, so I have something under my account details called "Tamriel Unlimited Edition," and it's listed as an Active Trial with a Download link next to it. This is not the version I have installed, so I've pretty much ignored its existence.

2. I purchased the "Steam Edition" for $9.99 a few days ago and installed that. It included the Warden class for some reason, so that made this situation even more confusing. What else does it include that I'm not aware of?

The other weird thing about the Steam Edition's Warden Class is that it's not giving me any of the base game quests on the island where it started me out. I'm just floundering around doing random quests in Vvardenfell... does that mean the Steam Edition also included Morrowind?

I'd like to unlock the entire game (all classes, areas, content, etc), but I have absolutely no idea what to buy or sign up for at this time.

I'm so lost...lol
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You have two things to unlock, Chapters and DLC. For all the Chapters, just get Elsewyr, that should also get you Morrowind and Summerset. Thus would include the two new Classes that came with those Chapters. You may have already unlocked some of that with the Steam purchase.

For the DLC, there is a Gold Pack you can get for those. Or, maybe better, you can subscribe. That will give you DLC Access, Chapter Access (but not the new classes). You also get 1550 Crowns per month, which you can buy content with.
    Edited by Nestor on June 13, 2019 1:54PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Watchdog
    Watchdog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »

You have two things to unlock, Chapters and DLC. For all the Chapters, just get the Elseweyer Upgrade, that should also get you Morrowind and Summerset. Thus would include the two new Classes that came with those Chapters. You may have already unlocked some of that with the Steam purchase.

For the DLC, there is a Gold Pack you can get for those. Or, maybe better, you can subscribe. That will give you DLC Access, Chapter Access (but not the new classes). You also get 1550 Crowns per month, which you can buy content with.

No, you are wrong. None of the Elsweyr editions called "Upgrade" contains any other chapter other than Elsweyr.
    Member of Alith Legion: https://www.alithlegion.com
  • pensic
    pensic
    Soul Shriven
    Nestor wrote: »

You have two things to unlock, Chapters and DLC. For all the Chapters, just get the Elseweyer Upgrade, that should also get you Morrowind and Summerset. Thus would include the two new Classes that came with those Chapters. You may have already unlocked some of that with the Steam purchase.

Thanks for the reply!

I think I'll go the subscription route and then buy Elsweyr later if I'm still playing several months from now. All of the other content should keep me busy until then.

After doing some more research, just one small correction: The "upgrade" version of Elsweyr does NOT include Morrowind and Summerset. You have to buy the standard edition of Elsweyr to get those two, specifically. I also confirmed that the Steam Edition I have came with Morrowind, so I'm good to go in that regard.

Thanks again for the info!
  • LiraTaurwen
    LiraTaurwen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't buy anything, specialy if your server is EU, wait and see for yourself first if game is working as intended.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I erroneously called it an upgrade as it only upgrades the installed game if you already have it.

Yes, be careful about the Editions.

And, if you subscribe, all you need is the Upgrade.
    Edited by Nestor on June 13, 2019 1:58PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"