The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

New player LF competitive battles. PC EU.

Khenzy
Khenzy
✭✭✭
Hello there!

Don't let this old account decieve you, I tried the game back then but it was nothing serious.
I'm a very competitive and dedicated PvP player, and I like to think I'm somewhat skilled as well, yet I'm new to the game, so there's a long way until I reach that level of competitivenesss. Although I like to do a very deep research of my own before fully commiting to something, I'm already well versed in combat mechanics, meta builds, almost all skills, sets and tactics.
With that said, which faction provides the most competitive and hard-fought battles? I'm, quite evidently, not talking about zerging down or getting zerged, but about coordinated fights, small (or smaller) scale fights, maybe even solo ones. What faction do you guys and gals recommend for these sort of encounters? PC-EU specifically.

Thanks in advance!
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If You look for competitve PvP then ESO may be not the game for You I think. As for the alliance any will do. There isnt one that would be known for its love to "competitve" small scale and contempt to zerging.
    Edited by Juhasow on June 11, 2019 1:38PM
  • Nermy
    Nermy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zerging and small scale happen on all alliances mate. You could try each alliance for a month and see which you prefer.

Contact me in game if you wanna chat more... a/c details in sig.
    @Nermy
    Ex-Leader of The Wabbajack [EU EP PvP guild - Now stood down from active duty]
    BLOOD FOR THE PACT!!!

Nermden - EP Warden, Nerm-in'a'tor - EP Dragon Knight, N'erm - EP Sorcerer, D'arkness - EP Nightblade, Nermy - EP Templar

“Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.” ― Oscar Wilde

"An Army is a team; lives, sleeps, eats, fights as a team. This individual heroic stuff is a lot of crap." -General George S. Patton
  • VinayExile
    VinayExile
    ✭✭✭✭
    Khenzy wrote: »
    Hello there!

Don't let this old account decieve you, I tried the game back then but it was nothing serious.
    I'm a very competitive and dedicated PvP player, and I like to think I'm somewhat skilled as well, yet I'm new to the game, so there's a long way until I reach that level of competitivenesss. Although I like to do a very deep research of my own before fully commiting to something, I'm already well versed in combat mechanics, meta builds, almost all skills, sets and tactics.
    With that said, which faction provides the most competitive and hard-fought battles? I'm, quite evidently, not talking about zerging down or getting zerged, but about coordinated fights, small (or smaller) scale fights, maybe even solo ones. What faction do you guys and gals recommend for these sort of encounters? PC-EU specifically.

Thanks in advance!

during the daytime EP is on the lowest population, DC and AD are usually on 3 bars and ep on 1-2 so play EP if you play daytime alot.

Primetime it doesnt matter, since you cant play anyway due to preformance issues

Late night ( after 12pm ) its pop locked EP against 1 or 2 bars DC and AD, so id play ad or DC at night.

Just depends wich times you want to play.

Edited by VinayExile on June 11, 2019 7:19PM
  • Khenzy
    Khenzy
    ✭✭✭
    Juhasow wrote: »
    If You look for competitve PvP then ESO may be not the game for You I think. As for the alliance any will do. There isnt one that would be known for its love to "competitve" small scale and contempt to zerging.

What's this attitude?! You should encourage new players, not the opposite!
    By competitive I meant small scale somewhat organized battles, that's pretty much it. I'm well aware of PvP's current state which doesn't undermine my desire to compete, I'm only missing information on how the factions are performing as a whole.
    Nermy wrote: »
    Zerging and small scale happen on all alliances mate. You could try each alliance for a month and see which you prefer.

Contact me in game if you wanna chat more... a/c details in sig.

From what I've seen so far, EP dominates the 30dayCP, DC dominates every other campaign in overwhelming fashion, with AD last on all of them, is that the usual trend?

I'll try to contact you later today.
  • amir412
    amir412
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go to Bergma wayshrine in Alikr Desert for "comptetive" duels x)
    PC | EU | AD |Stam Dk named "-Saidden"| 1700 CP|
    "..A world without fire. Ashen one, is this truly thy wish?.."

•  Jules
    Jules
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You could try each alliance for a month and see which you prefer.

rip to this tho
    JULES | PC NA | ADAMANT

IGN- @Juies || Youtube || Twitch
    EP - Julianos . Jules . Family Jules . Jules of Misrule. Joy
    DC - Julsie . Jules . Jukes . Jojuji . Juliet . Jaded
    AD - Juice . Jubaited . Joules . Julmanji . Julogy . Jubroni . Ju Jitsu

Rest in Peace G & Yi
    Viva La Aristocracy
  • Yuke
    Yuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wrong game mate. Dont waste your time. If you are into blob zerging or casually cheesing some poor inexperienced players - ESO is your pvp mmorpg.
    Save Us, Microsoft.

Noricum & Kitesquad™
    YT-Channel
  • dtsharples
    dtsharples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jules wrote: »
    You could try each alliance for a month and see which you prefer.

rip to this tho

Not really :) Campaigns reset every month, as does your lock to them.
  • ATomiX96
    ATomiX96
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Juhasow wrote: »

By competitive I meant small scale somewhat organized battles, that's pretty much it. I'm well aware of PvP's current state which doesn't undermine my desire to compete, I'm only missing information on how the factions are performing as a whole.

He aint wrong though, Competetive and ESO dont go well together, there is no real "ranked" like in other games.
    Battlegrounds are three Teams therefore ranked and comptetive play is not really an option there, I mean there is a hidden MMR but the matchmaking system from my looks works something like this:
    Did you play less than 10 games? Match with bucket 1 (mostly new players, and alt. characters of ppl)
    Played more than 10 games? Match with bucket 2 (all the other ppl with a wide range in skill)
    Group vs Group (GvG) doesnt really happen either in smaller scale because it requires organization or randomly running into another group of similar size to happen.
    Also duels in CP never end, because everyone and their mom is a tank these days, they keep bashing each others head in but their hp doesnt seem to ever get into execute range, so most duels are decided by who just cba wasting potions for another 20 minutes.
    I mean you could just lookup how many rules are required to make a dueling tournament with CP somewhat even playing field for all "competitors", that should tell you enough about the state of PvP.
    And lastly Solo/Smallscale play in Open world is just bashing new ppl and inexperienced PvPers until they eventually overwhelm you with raw numbers, it can be fun but I wouldnt say it is an "competetive experience".
    Idk what to tell you, but if youre looking for a competetive experience, ESO aint it chief.

• mague
    mague
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They are all right. Its a fun game, just another map with PvP enabled and a board game. While many players dont care for the board game and just want some PvP fun and AP.

The factions perform well as soon as there is a leader that really is into the faction and not cross-colored interests. Any faction is happy to have organized groups who know what they do and what different changes on the map mean. But competition is not exactly there. No roman turtle formations on the meadow. The game has no collision detection. As long as you can run through an enemy the whole keep/tower thing is just fun and a board game.