The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Furniture Crafting Writs

Dusk_Coven
Dusk_Coven
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
I'd be interested to see daily writs involving crafting furniture instead of adventuring gear, and maybe the reward could be similar to Provisioning - stacks of furnishings materials and a chance of blueprints.
I guess it'd end up just another daily quest to grind, but it would add something interesting and encourage people to take a closer look a Housing.
  • bmnoble
    bmnoble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So long as its:

-A separate crafting writ category but not a new profession.

-Uses the basic green recipes, other wise most players are not going to be able to complete them.

-the boxes give furniture plans in the same way, the provisioning writs give recipes, eg, green and blue blueprints as common drops a rare chance to gain purple blueprints. (even then that may cause furniture plan prices to drop due to increased supply, reducing the only real value of doing writs with such expensive materials)

-The boxes give furniture mat surveys, the prices of furniture mats are high since they can only be gathered. A massive increase in demand would make prices soar, without a means of providing a reliable supply via surveys it will defeat the purpose of the idea, to get more people taking part in housing and ultimately make it harder for people who want to make furniture to get their hands on the mats they need.

If they don't provide provide surveys, prices will skyrocket and those that are actually good at gathering the furniture mats, might just hoard their own stockpile to do the writs themselves instead of selling on traders. It would depend on the benefit the writs provide vs the gold they can make selling the mats, (think alchemy mat prices, once every player starts going out and harvesting raw mats, screwing up all those people who run harvesting routes)

that's my 2 cents.

• VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS did furnishing crafting with the New Life Charity Writs last year, if you want an idea for what it would probably look like.
    Edited by VaranisArano on June 12, 2019 12:59PM
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Writ plans need not be the same ones that we currently have. They could be constructed so that the need for the furnishing-only materials is lower, and even that could be mitigated with returns from the writs.

Furnishing material surveys could be a big plus, but I'm not sure how they would work. Perhaps you'd get nodes that yield mostly the furnishing mats and a small proportion of the regular ones, rather than the other way round. So a metal node would give 3 Rubedite ore and 17 Regulus, for example. A survey would have six or seven different nodes, one for each craft?
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As long as the net gain in materials is positive then I would love to do more writs.

I think the recipes should either be the White recipes like, or even the same as, those sold by generic NPC Merchants.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe we should consider what the objective should be. For example, Provisioning writs are really a good source and probably the primary source of getting recipes, especially blue and purple. Should furnishing writs do the same?
    Provisioning writs are also the only source of Provisioning purple mats. How much should furnishing writs replace farming rare furnishing mats?

What if you could choose only 1 writ per week from four: white, green, blue, or purple.

White writs require white-writ items and give you a chance of getting white or green plans.
    Green writs require green writ items and give you a chance of getting green or blue plans
    Blue writs require blue writ items and give you a chance of getting blue or purple plans.
    Purple writs require purple writ items and give you a chance of getting gold WRITS or gold plans.

All writs give you a stack of common furnishing mats plus a good chance of a stack of rarer mats.
    ZOS did furnishing crafting with the New Life Charity Writs last year, if you want an idea for what it would probably look like.

Those were for a very specific reason -- an achievement. And the 1-voucher reward was actually very good since you didn't need to be a top tier crafter to make them. So I don't know if they are a good model.
    Edited by Dusk_Coven on June 12, 2019 6:33PM
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    "Provisioning writs are also the only source of Provisioning purple mats."

That's not true. Purple mats also can drop from the Provisioning hireling.
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »
    "Provisioning writs are also the only source of Provisioning purple mats."

That's not true. Purple mats also can drop from the Provisioning hireling.

Well that suggests an idea -- separate skill line in Blacksmithing/Clothier/Woodworking for a hireling that gets you furnishing materials?