Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

New player | subscription question

adelexi
adelexi
Soul Shriven
Hello,

I played ESO in the beta a long time ago and heard its much better now so i was thinking of trying it but i have a couple questions.

I was thinking about getting the basic (unlimited version i think?) version and subscribing to get acces to all the dlc''s etc.

I have googled to see what you miss out on with just the subscription and the basic game and most threads said Summerset but they seem to be old threats since i see summerset popping up in the crown store under dlc's.

So my question is what exactly do i miss out on with the subscription at this moment? i assume elsweyr since its new. Also its purely from a content wise standpoint, i dont really care about skins/mounts etc.

Thanks for taking your time to awnser,

Adelexi
  • Streega
    Streega
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What do you mean by "basic" version? If you mean Tamriel Unlimited, you will get access to all content except Elsweyr with ESO Plus subscription, but only to main zones (alliance territories) plus Craglorn without it.
    ⊂( ̄(工) ̄)⊃ Don't-Care-Bear ⊂( ̄(工) ̄)⊃
    PC EU "House Tertia" - Friendly Guild for Mature Folks (housetertia.com)
    PC EU "Priests of Hircine" - Awesome Guild for Friendly Werewolves (free bites!)
    Master Angler
  • adelexi
    adelexi
    Soul Shriven
    Streega wrote: »
    What do you mean by "basic" version? If you mean Tamriel Unlimited, you will get access to all content except Elsweyr with ESO Plus subscription, but only to main zones (alliance territories) plus Craglorn without it.

Yes, i think i mean Tamriel Unlimited with basic version from what i see. so basically acces to everything except Elsweyr with subscription thats sounds nice.

would you recommend buying Elsweyr straight away when i start or just wait for now until i am higher level or something?
  • Watchdog
    Watchdog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Streega wrote: »

Note, that the Warden class is not included in ESO+, as it is not part of the Morrowind DLC, rather a part of the Morrowind chapter (Morrowind DLC + Warden class).
    Member of Alith Legion: https://www.alithlegion.com
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With the base-game and ESO+ right now, you will only miss 3 things : the Elsweyr zone, the warden class and the necromancer class.
    3 important things for sure, but you can still enjoy the game to the fullest.
  • Streega
    Streega
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    By "content" I mean all the available zones and dungeons, but there are more additional things not included in the ESO Plus: "Any race, any alliance", Imperial race, mentioned above classes... Those are upgrades you need to buy separately.
    As for buying Elsweyr - it's really up to you, do you want kittyland and Necromancer class right maow? ;) Or do you prefer to play the story chronologically and get to Elsweyr when the time comes? There's plenty of things to do even without the new stuff, you can wait few months and get the upgrade later for half price.
    ⊂( ̄(工) ̄)⊃ Don't-Care-Bear ⊂( ̄(工) ̄)⊃
    PC EU "House Tertia" - Friendly Guild for Mature Folks (housetertia.com)
    PC EU "Priests of Hircine" - Awesome Guild for Friendly Werewolves (free bites!)
    Master Angler
  • LadySinflower
    LadySinflower
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you can afford it, I would recommend getting an edition that includes Elsweyr. First because I believe in getting the most up to date version of anything, and second because Elsweyr is so beautiful and rich and amazing. It's become my favorite zone and killing dragons is a lot of fun. I mean to each his own but why would you keep yourself from playing the most content possible on the day of your purchase? Just my two cents.
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    why would you keep yourself from playing the most content possible on the day of your purchase?

Because there's about 6 months to 2 years (depending on playtime) "worth" of content in the entire game... and storywise, it makes more sense to start with the base game quests. There's little point in paying extra for content you'll play only next year (if you do things "the right way") and that will be included in ESO+ by then.
    That being said, I agree : to each his own...

• RavenSworn
    RavenSworn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My advice to you is to first buy the base game + imperial and the all race all alliance unlocked with at least 3mths worth of eso+ subs. (provided you have the cash for it). Get a feel of the game, play the heck of it and if you still like it, continue the sub, add things like the warden class and the elswyr expansion.

Now this is if you have the moolah. If you don't, just having the base game and eso + will grant you lots of content, more than what you can consume within 3mths or more. The rest of it is really just fluff and if you are satisfied with trying out the original 4 classes, than honestly this is the best course of action for you.
    Ingame: RavenSworn, Pc / NA.

Of Wolf and Raven
    Solo / Casual guild for beginners and new players wanting to join the game. Pst me for invite!
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With subscribing the only content you will not have access to at this point is the new chapter which like Summerset will be added to ESO+ in a year.

Personally I sub because of the crafting bag. Was about to drop the sub and buy DLCs when that was announced and never regretted remaining a sub.

If you buy the base game you should get a months sub as part of the purchase. You can see how you like it during that time and make a choice then instead of now.
  • pensic
    pensic
    Soul Shriven
    Like you, I'm extremely lost when it comes to what I should buy at this point.

1. I played the beta many years ago, so I have something under my account details called "Tamriel Unlimited Edition," and it's listed as an Active Trial with a Download link.
    2. I purchased the "Steam Edition" for $9.99 a few days ago and installed that. It included the Warden class for some reason, so that makes it a bit confusing. What else does it include that I'm not aware of?

I'd like to unlock the entire game (all classes, areas, content, etc), but I have absolutely no idea what to buy or sign up for at this time.

The other weird thing about the Steam Edition Warden Class is that it's not giving me any of the base game quests on the island where it started me out. I'm kinda just floundering around doing random quests in Vvardenfell... does that mean the Steam Edition also included Morrowind?

I'm so lost...lol
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to unlock the entire game (all classes, areas, content, etc), but I have absolutely no idea what to buy or sign up for at this time.

I feel for you... As someone with a pretty good and accurate memory, and playing without significant interruption since launch, I sometimes have problems knowing which is which and what part of the game comes from which update. But the Crown Store can help - that thing is not 100% evil, it has some nice features :-)

Just open the Crown Store. It will tell you what is "unlocked" on your account and what isn't, and why. In theory, everything under "DLC" is accessible if you are ESO+, even if it is not "unlocked". Everything else (not "DLC") is either locked or unlocked and needs to be purchased separately if it is locked and you want it unlocked.

And... that's it. :-)

• pensic
    pensic
    Soul Shriven

I feel for you... As someone with a pretty good and accurate memory, and playing without significant interruption since launch, I sometimes have problems knowing which is which and what part of the game comes from which update. But the Crown Store can help - that thing is not 100% evil, it has some nice features :-)

Just open the Crown Store. It will tell you what is "unlocked" on your account and what isn't, and why. In theory, everything under "DLC" is accessible if you are ESO+, even if it is not "unlocked". Everything else (not "DLC") is either locked or unlocked and needs to be purchased separately if it is locked and you want it unlocked.

And... that's it. :-)
    Good info, thank you! I'll do exactly as you suggest and use that store to crack the code for downloads...lol