Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Fast question about Necromancer

Czarnyy
Czarnyy
✭✭
Hi!
I had short break from eso and I have not played in new dlc yet. I'm quite hyped for new race, but i don't know pros and cons of every professions.

In which profession necromancer is the best ? Tank, healer or dps? I would be glad if someone could make two separate opinions for PvE and PvP content :)
Edited by Czarnyy on June 8, 2019 8:23PM

Best Answers

• tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    PVE: Necros make great tanks and stam dps, and good healers. Mag nec dps needs some balance atm - blastbones and shock tether are working kinda wonky, and they're short on good morphs (like magwarden). But still viable : p
    Stam necros are thriving in trials atm with Major Vulnerability & a lot of crits in execute phase

PVP: Stam necros feel great with 2H, shields, and bows. Fun burst potential. Using dizzying swing into the colossus ult feels .... so great. Stam weapons fill the gaps in the stam toolkit really well
    I like the cheap AoE heals, AoE non-synergy purge, AoE major breach/fracture, fatty ults, and out-of-combat ult regen of mag necro in no-CP pvp. Mag necros offer a lot of utility there but lack a single-target stun. And bone friends!

If you're trying to min/max re: race, orc and redguard could tank or do stam dps. Any mag race can dps or heal (breton is hot atm, but I went dunmer)

Play what you want! They're all fun so far
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
    Answer ✓
  • UntilValhalla13
    UntilValhalla13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you're torn between a tank or healer, make an argonian necro. They are literally qualified for both roles and you could flex between them as needed.
    Edited by UntilValhalla13 on June 10, 2019 7:54AM
    Answer ✓
  • Czarnyy
    Czarnyy
    ✭✭
    I'm thinking about tank or healer for PvE. I'll wait for more opinions and decide in next week
  • Czarnyy
    Czarnyy
    ✭✭
    Hmmm good idea.
    If you're torn between a tank or healer, make an argonian necro. They are literally qualified for both roles and you could flex between them as needed.
    Would be possible to create playable hybrid between tank and heal? I mean switching professions without reseting all skills and CP.

• UntilValhalla13
    UntilValhalla13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm sure they would be fairly similar, so it's more than likely. Both use support oriented skills and the CP wouldn't be too drastically different, if you used a more generic setup. You'd need a lot of skills points if you plan to run both roles without respeccing though.