Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Southern Elsweyr

Mastercris91
Mastercris91
✭✭
Pelletine has always been described as a region full of woods and jungles. Now in the description, southern Elsweyr is described as a wasteland. Why?
Hail Sithis
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ~Transcription Error~

Who knows. Maybe it's metaphorical because the population was decimated by the Knahaten Flu. We'll have to wait to see what it actually looks like.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • SirAxen
    SirAxen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think they mean wasteland in the sense that it is lawless and dangerous, not the biome itself.
  • Robo_Hobo
    Robo_Hobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everything even in eso is still pointing at it being a forest and jungle, the term wasteland probably is only due to the fact that the Knahaten Flu hit the south really hard, and probably even moreso because of the Dragons returning.Trees + Fire, that can't be good.

From dialogue in the chapter, most Khajiit fled Pellitine to travel to Anequina when the Knahaten flu devestated them, and the only ones who remain are opportunists and people who want to take advantage of the chaos there. Senchal in this time period is lawless and ruled by basically pirates and criminals. I wouldn't be surprised if there are actually no guard NPCs there, the bodies you see strewn about sometimes in Auridon or other places when players like to go on killing sprees, is immersion-breaking for those places, but would actually probably be a fairly lore-accurate representation of the streets of Senchal right now.
  • Kajuratus
    Kajuratus
    ✭✭✭
    I just hope they haven't done the entirety of Pelletine in this DLC. Theres still quite a lot of Elsweyr left to explore, and a DLC area isn't enough to fully flesh out the rest of the province. If this was another chapter, great, we could have Torval, Corinthe, Alabaster and Senchal all in one. A DLC zone though? I'm skeptical. Hopefully it'll just contain the city of Senchal and the main tail end of Pelletine.

And what about the rest of the Khajiit furstocks? Are they going to include all of the other furstocks that didn't show up in the chapter?
    So the Dark Elves have weird alien architecture, where people live in mushroom towers and the shell of a giant crab, but the High Elves, the pinnacle of technology, the most magically advanced race in Tamriel, are still stuck in slightly pretty, fairly tall stone buildings? Not even a hint of a glass city? Are stainless glass windows really enough to claim that a city is made of glass?
  • Mastreus
    Mastreus
    ✭✭
    Kajuratus wrote: »
    I just hope they haven't done the entirety of Pelletine in this DLC. Theres still quite a lot of Elsweyr left to explore, and a DLC area isn't enough to fully flesh out the rest of the province. If this was another chapter, great, we could have Torval, Corinthe, Alabaster and Senchal all in one. A DLC zone though? I'm skeptical. Hopefully it'll just contain the city of Senchal and the main tail end of Pelletine.

And what about the rest of the Khajiit furstocks? Are they going to include all of the other furstocks that didn't show up in the chapter?

I've thought for sometime now they'd do a 'Pellitine' DLC with the area around Alabaster and Corinthe, and a 'Tenmar Forest' DLC around Torval and Senchal. That would make for typical DLC sized areas, but we'll have to see what they do.

I certainly hope we have all the furstocks when we have all of Elsweyr, kind of annoying if we don't.
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This was on their Twitter feed:

o74ZarE.jpg

Maybe the ship is a clue to the DLC being based in a port like Torval. Which is also quite close to the Halls of Colossus.
    PC EU
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a metaphorical wasteland as Faulgor said, because of the Knahaten Plague that swept thru Elsweyr.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!