The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Moon Gate - A bit more quiet please?

NorthernNightmare
NorthernNightmare
✭✭✭✭✭
Its so freaking loud and annoying.
Worst yet the home I placed it in has two separate buildings..and you can hear it in both!
https://youtube.com/watch?v=6P1UNGBRYAc&feature=youtu.be

or the option to mute it like a music box? please, anything!

edit: why the 8 dislikes?
Edited by NorthernNightmare on June 3, 2019 4:59PM
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Where did you get that? Even though it is loud, I need one.
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • NorthernNightmare
    NorthernNightmare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hippie4927 wrote: »

complete the elsywer main quest then you can buy it from the achievement vendor for 100k
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hippie4927 wrote: »

complete the elsywer main quest then you can buy it from the achievement vendor for 100k

AH!! I finished the main questline. *runs off to buy one*

Thanks for the info. :)
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The crying at the end was a nice touch. :D

That's really loud to hear it in a whole different structure! :|
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • Alexsae
    Alexsae
    ✭✭✭
    The moon gate is so loud it hurts. I ended up tossing it into the ocean far, far away. :'(

2o1qscli1rr9.jpg

• R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • mayasunrising
    mayasunrising
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is amazing! You slay @R_K !! :D

And because I have to ask the challenging questions, can these be created so the particular sound is not hear OUTSIDE the sphere? So like a donut? :o
    Edited by mayasunrising on May 31, 2019 1:22AM
    "And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom." Anaïs Nin

“There’s a difference between wanting to be looked at and wanting to be seen." Amanda Palmer

“A game is an opportunity to focus our energy, with relentless optimism, at something we’re good at (or getting better at) and enjoy. In other words, gameplay is the direct emotional opposite of depression.” Jane McGonigal

“They'll tell you you're too loud, that you need to wait your turn and ask the right people for permission. Do it anyway." Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @mayasunrising Could I? Sure. But I think the Sphere's for all sound types + individual sound types are an excellent enhancement for now that solves an otherwise unsolvable problem. ;-) <3
  • mayasunrising
    mayasunrising
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    R_K wrote: »
    @mayasunrising Could I? Sure. But I think the Sphere's for all sound types + individual sound types are an excellent enhancement for now that solves an otherwise unsolvable problem. ;-) <3

Absolutely! :)
    "And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom." Anaïs Nin

“There’s a difference between wanting to be looked at and wanting to be seen." Amanda Palmer

“A game is an opportunity to focus our energy, with relentless optimism, at something we’re good at (or getting better at) and enjoy. In other words, gameplay is the direct emotional opposite of depression.” Jane McGonigal

“They'll tell you you're too loud, that you need to wait your turn and ask the right people for permission. Do it anyway." Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
  • NorthernNightmare
    NorthernNightmare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @R_K thanks man!
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @NorthernNightmare No problem ;-) <3
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, going to be a pass for me on that one...

Not that I can get one, anyway, as the main quest has bugged and even if it hadn't, I'm not spending 2 hours killing a dragon.

They may, eventually, add a mute individual furnishing items option, but they (obviously) haven't yet.

I have a target dummy I paid real money for and can't use, due to the horrendous noise.

In fact, I have two of them. ><
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The EHT solution is great, but I would still worry that visitors, that don't have EHT, would be assaulted by a noise I wouldn't want to be assaulted by.

So, they really need to add it to the base game.
    Edited by Tigerseye on June 1, 2019 9:10AM
  • Ostacia
    Ostacia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @R_K Can you make a sphere of silence for real life for me, please? <3
    PC/ NA
    Imagination is the real and eternal world of which this vegetable universe is but a faint shadow. -- William Blake
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @R_K Can you make a sphere of silence for real life for me, please? <3

I believe that already exists in the form of these ...

;)
  • vlakipn
    vlakipn
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, zos please, give ability to mute it or lower the volume for 90%. Thanks.
  • immozz01
    immozz01
    ✭✭✭
    building someone a guild house for crafting, amazing how noisy this thing is. looks nice, but no one wants to be even remotely close to it....

ZOS, easy fix plz and asap :)
  • Arrodisia
    Arrodisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please lower the volume or let us have the option to mute it. :)
  • mwo1480
    mwo1480
    ✭✭✭✭
    my buddy has it in his house and it looks good but yes its so annyoing, we use it as guild hall, but atm we all turn or sounds off (wich feels wierd tbh) so pls add a volume option on it
    eu/pc
    every char has a story

anne-susan ...breton sorch DC
    seline kay .... bosmer dk AD
    julia-noor ...bosmer temp DC
    elle wolf .... breton temp AD
    Mari-Lynn.... woodelf nb AD former empress
    Mari-chan... woodelf warden AD
    (and more chars)
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm glad @R_K added spheres of silence, because this thing would deafen a harpy!

That being said - why is there no "off" switch? Same for the singing wall - the wall has a pretty melody, but why must it be "on" all the time?
  • Mystikkal
    Mystikkal
    ✭✭✭
    I totally agree with this post, in fact I came to the forums looking for a post like this because I knew I wouldn't be the only one having this concern. The sound is cool for about 10 seconds and then I just want to put the item away because it gets really annoying... Kinda like nails on a chalkboard.. not quite that bad, but certainly reminds me of it!
  • Loralai_907
    Loralai_907
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It should for sure have a switch to turn it the heck off. Its such a cool piece, but holy cow that sound is over the top. I really hope they adjust at least the volume level.
    PC-NA - formerly, mommadani907Guild: Weeping Angels - Co-GMTwitter: @ Loralai_907 several Alt accounts....CP 1700+
    Active characters:Fauna Rosewood ( Bosmer Stam DK - Master Crafter/AD)///Loralai Darknova (Drunken Zombie Bosmer Stam Sorc - PvP/AD)Lilith Darknova ( Dunmer Mag DK - Master Crafter - PvP/AD)///and roughly 1billion alts