The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Large homes need 1,000 or more furnishing slots

Illuvatarr
Illuvatarr
✭✭✭✭✭
Posting here as opposed to general forums. The lack of furnishing space on the Psijic Villa is silly.
  • Imperial_Voice
    Imperial_Voice
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Weve been asking for this for three years. Theyve begun banning people and many others have simply dropped this game like a ton of glitched bricks.
    Edited by Imperial_Voice on June 7, 2019 7:10PM
    Options
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Instead, we're asking for furnishing items that are filled - wine racks with wine bottles, desks with inkpots and paper, fuit bowls with fruit, filled bookcases, etc.

So you can get a good look with fewer small items.
    Options
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Instead, we're asking for furnishing items that are filled - wine racks with wine bottles, desks with inkpots and paper, fuit bowls with fruit, filled bookcases, etc.

So you can get a good look with fewer small items.

And in other threads, more medium sized homes with sensible limits.
    Options
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    At this point, I would be happy if they just added another 50 slots (with ESO+) to the Hew's Bane palace, alone.

That place is far more challenging than any of the others, due to its huge interior space and complete lack of light.
    Options
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Speaking of light, we need bigger lights (in appropriate styles) for these huge places.

So, in this case, a giant Redguard Chandelier with multiple bowls and a long chain.
    Options
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Tigerseye wrote: »
    Speaking of light, we need bigger lights (in appropriate styles) for these huge places.

So, in this case, a giant Redguard Chandelier with multiple bowls and a long chain.

@Tigerseye you need to buy some Culanda stones. I hid 8 Culanda stones in Redguard chandeliers and completely lit the large room inside.

There's a reason those things are so popular. :)

Edit: Another solution is adding some light points via Essential Housing Tools
    Edited by CaffeinatedMayhem on June 8, 2019 1:52AM
    Options
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Agree, but it's not going to happen. They keep saying no to raising the item limits, and they don't add items to help with the limit either - like writing desk clusters, kitchen counter clusters, that sort of thing... there was a wine rack with bottles which is nice but their filled bookshelves are often half-filled and the lights continue to be unfit to light even a dollhouse never mind a full-size room :tongue:

@Tigerseye you need to buy some Culanda stones. I hid 8 Culanda stones in Redguard chandeliers and completely lit the large room inside.
    It gets really tiresome that in a game with over 1000s of furniture people have to keep repeating the same advice... 'just get the limited time luxury furniture culanda and varla stones' because those are the only sources of light that have a decent range for the giant halls they keep adding. That's not against you of course, and your advice is sound (culanda and varla are indeed the best, along with the Crystal Tower Key replica, some Dedric lights and CWC lamps) but I'm just soooo tired of it, you know? :lol: Of not having decent options other than the same handful of lights we've had for years.

Options
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bluebird wrote: »
    Agree, but it's not going to happen. They keep saying no to raising the item limits, and they don't add items to help with the limit either - like writing desk clusters, kitchen counter clusters, that sort of thing... there was a wine rack with bottles which is nice but their filled bookshelves are often half-filled and the lights continue to be unfit to light even a dollhouse never mind a full-size room :tongue:

It gets really tiresome that in a game with over 1000s of furniture people have to keep repeating the same advice... 'just get the limited time luxury furniture culanda and varla stones' because those are the only sources of light that have a decent range for the giant halls they keep adding. That's not against you of course, and your advice is sound (culanda and varla are indeed the best, along with the Crystal Tower Key replica, some Dedric lights and CWC lamps) but I'm just soooo tired of it, you know? :lol: Of not having decent options other than the same handful of lights we've had for years.

There are small, glowing crystals available in the hame, not just from the lux vendor. Yellow, blue and purple

Edited by Katahdin on June 8, 2019 2:33PM
    Beta tester November 2013
    Options
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Katahdin wrote: »

There are small, glowing crystals available in the hame, not just from the lux vendor. Yellow, blue and purple
    I'm aware of glowing crystals (e.g. the Reaper's March projection crystal, the Auridon stones or the Stormhaven dreamshard), but their range of illumination is nowhere near that of the Culanda stones. The problem isn't a lack of glowing crystals, the problem is the lack of light furnishings with enough range to illuminate the giant cavernous palace halls they keep adding to the game.
    Options
  • Imperial_Voice
    Imperial_Voice
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Am I the only one who hates Culanda stones?
    Options
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    How could anybody dislike the rich yellow pee colour bouncing off of our palace walls? :wink:
    (But yes. I hate both culanda and varla stones. It's either bodily discharge yellow, or cold surgery room blue, or a finicky attempt at combining two or more so they cancel each other out, and then we're back to the item limit issue.)
    Options
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I have them.

I don't like the light they cast (even when used together with Varlas), sorry.
    Edited by Tigerseye on June 8, 2019 5:03PM
    Options
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

No. :wink:
    Options
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    How could anybody dislike the rich yellow pee colour bouncing off of our palace walls? :wink:
    (But yes. I hate both culanda and varla stones. It's either bodily discharge yellow, or cold surgery room blue, or a finicky attempt at combining two or more so they cancel each other out, and then we're back to the item limit issue.)

lol.

Yeah, they're hideous.

Sorry stones fans. :blush:

What also makes me laugh is the conviction people seem to have that you simply can't know about their existence, if you try to use normal lights, instead.

As opposed to knowing and rejecting them.

It's the same with the Clockwork lights.

If you don't use them, people think you don't know about them.
    Edited by Tigerseye on June 8, 2019 5:09PM
    Options
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I have them.

I liked the golden glow with Dawnlight. Though I agree we need more bright crystals/bright lights that are a more natural color.
    Options
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Katahdin wrote: »

I don't like them, either.

Might be OK in an enchanted forest.

Not OK in a Hew's Bane Palace.

Or, not the way I decorated it, anyway.
    Edited by Tigerseye on June 8, 2019 5:13PM
    Options
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I have them.

I liked the golden glow with Dawnlight. Though I agree we need more bright crystals/bright lights that are a more natural color.

Maybe it depends on the colour they show on your PC?

On my PC they look urine (almost fluorescent) yellow; not gold.

Also, I don't want blanket light.

I want multiple points of light that look like they come from proper light fittings.

Not some nebulous, all encompassing light that no one can really figure out where it comes from, or how.
    Edited by Tigerseye on June 8, 2019 5:24PM
    Options
  • Imperial_Voice
    Imperial_Voice
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you! The light they give off is the color of urine and when you pair them with Varla stones you get bright white light. All I want is a simple flame lighting that gives off just a bit more light.
    Options
  • Illuvatarr
    Illuvatarr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hehe willing to pay an extra 5-10 bucks a month for an “eso gold” sub or something of this nature to have double the current furnishment slots and some additional benis.
    Options
  • Imperial_Voice
    Imperial_Voice
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Illuvatarr wrote: »
    Hehe willing to pay an extra 5-10 bucks a month for an “eso gold” sub or something of this nature to have double the current furnishment slots and some additional benis.

FFXIV does this in a way. Players pay an addition fee per month for extra "Retainers" NPCs which can help the player gather certain items and sell them for auction.
    Options
  • Earrindo
    Earrindo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would prefer to see tiers with regards to this, if money must needs be involved.
    • Increase *all* furnishing slots by 100 on Large and Notable homes. For free, for everyone. The other way t do this would be to allow us to assign as many of the collectible furnishing slots (the slots used for Undaunted trophies and such) as we like to be traditional furnishings. That way in houses where we dont want to place many, or any of those types of furnishings, we can instead use those slots for traditional furnishings.
    • Add furnishing slot expanders to the crown store. Take the outfit slots as a base, so 1500 crowns to increase slots by 50, with a maximum of 200 added slots.
    • ESO plus members can opt to pay extra, say 5$ per month more, to increase the special collectibles (mounts, assistants, non combat pets) and max number of players. Maybe doubled, depending.

Something like this would be really accessible, benefits everyone even without spending money, and allows those who do want to spend money a way to increase slots.
    Edited by Earrindo on June 9, 2019 4:49AM
    Options
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the on/off for the lights were replaced with a "dimmer" - and the upper limit was better than the current "on" - we'd have a better system. However, that means storing a numeric level instead of a boolean on the database.

And that's just one detail of the item limit issue, which is mostly caused by the houses being too big for the content allowed. You can't "clutter" a mansion, so we need more modest homes without artificially trimming their limits. 700 slots in Twin Arches, for example, would satisfy any pack-rat.
    Options