Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

Akatosh Chancel bugged (can't be opened by other players)?

DJfriede
DJfriede
✭✭✭✭✭
Hey all,

I just put the new achievement door from Elsweyr into my home.

Door-Akatosh-Chancel-3.gif

But it seems that I am the only one able to open it. Two guild mates tested it and they couldn't interact with it. Anyone else having this problem?
  • Shadow_Akula
    Shadow_Akula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perhaps visitor permissions? (Are your settings set to limited visitor for them?) otherwise they’re probably bugged.... or working as intended as a “feature” (knowning ZoS)
    Edited by Shadow_Akula on May 25, 2019 10:04PM
  • DJfriede
    DJfriede
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the hint.

I had set my default permissions to Visitor for everyone. But I also had separate permissions for some of my guilds. They seem to have affected also those people (who tested the door) from other guilds that I hadn't assigned any special permissions at all. So I manually put all my guilds on all access, and tada, it worked.

Case closed (but not the door, hurhur).
  • Thrawniel
    Thrawniel
    ✭✭✭
    Pretty offtopic here, but I do not feel like creating a new thread for it.

I actually love the fact that the door is non-interactable for 'visitors'. Now you can section off parts of the house for guests, but still have access to hidden parts without the need to move walls each time.

Like, good way to get the storage chests out of view in houses, but still easily get to them.

Or wall off Psijic Villa palace door in a 'realistic' way. So you can decorate the yard and leave the palace empty (since there's not enough slots for both), without it being weird from RP point of view.

Now it is not a weirdly empty palace with lush courtyard. There's no random boulder/fence/whatever blocking palace entrance for no good reason. You just have magically locked door of a palace.

It is believable that the palace is off-limit to guests because it is a private residence of a host. You can imagine that palace is just as lush as a courtyard. And magical locks are not out of the ordinary in TES world.
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Thrawniel wrote: »
    Pretty offtopic here, but I do not feel like creating a new thread for it.

I actually love the fact that the door is non-interactable for 'visitors'. Now you can section off parts of the house for guests, but still have access to hidden parts without the need to move walls each time.

Like, good way to get the storage chests out of view in houses, but still easily get to them.

Or wall off Psijic Villa palace door in a 'realistic' way. So you can decorate the yard and leave the palace empty (since there's not enough slots for both), without it being weird from RP point of view.

Now it is not a weirdly empty palace with lush courtyard. There's no random boulder/fence/whatever blocking palace entrance for no good reason. You just have magically locked door of a palace.

It is believable that the palace is off-limit to guests because it is a private residence of a host. You can imagine that palace is just as lush as a courtyard. And magical locks are not out of the ordinary in TES world.

Good point - I may try that and just concentrate on the gardens, when I decorate it.

Normally, I'm an interiors person, but the outside is the nicest part, there.