The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

The new preview crates should be added to the crate bundles

NorthernNightmare
NorthernNightmare
✭✭✭✭✭
Three items but you for certain get a good item? You should get 1 of these crates for the 4 crate bundle and then 3 for the 15 crate bundle.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What you talking about?
  • NorthernNightmare
    NorthernNightmare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tasear wrote: »
    What you talking about?

the dailies have a crate, the preview crate. It has only three items but makes sure you get a rare item...atleast thats what it claims
  • Ohtimbar
    Ohtimbar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And while they're at it, they should post the odds.
    forever stuck in combat
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The preview crate is just in lieu of one set Elsweyr-themed reward in the Daily Rewards. They're using some of the crate reward table and offering everyone who logs in that many days one random item from that selection.

Emphasis on "some". The preview crate doesn't contain everything from the season, so including them in the bundles would be a limitation on what you could get. Which some would probably construe as manipulation to buy more crates to get the full reward table more times.

Ohtimbar wrote: »

It would be a spreadsheet of statistics for all five cards, all of those statistics applying to one single crate event. So not terribly helpful, and just room for misinterpretation. Buying X crates will never guarantee a result Y unless you earn the gems to satisfy whatever Y is.

But highly simplified, a crate costing 400 crowns is priced for the expectation that most crates will net its buyer three cards from the Common or Fine tier, and one card from the Superior tier - giving the buyer a reward worth approximately 400 to 500 crowns if itemized in the store.
    signing off
  • Ohtimbar
    Ohtimbar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Acrolas wrote: »
    The preview crate is just in lieu of one set Elsweyr-themed reward in the Daily Rewards. They're using some of the crate reward table and offering everyone who logs in that many days one random item from that selection.

Emphasis on "some". The preview crate doesn't contain everything from the season, so including them in the bundles would be a limitation on what you could get. Which some would probably construe as manipulation to buy more crates to get the full reward table more times.

Ohtimbar wrote: »

It would be a spreadsheet of statistics for all five cards, all of those statistics applying to one single crate event. So not terribly helpful, and just room for misinterpretation. Buying X crates will never guarantee a result Y unless you earn the gems to satisfy whatever Y is.

But highly simplified, a crate costing 400 crowns is priced for the expectation that most crates will net its buyer three cards from the Common or Fine tier, and one card from the Superior tier - giving the buyer a reward worth approximately 400 to 500 crowns if itemized in the store.

Right, I know how it works. But it is common practice for gambling institutions to post the odds. This is required, for instance, on the app store which hosts games that sell loot crates. Informing consumers is the ethical choice.
    forever stuck in combat
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What you talking about?

the dailies have a crate, the preview crate. It has only three items but makes sure you get a rare item...atleast thats what it claims

No such thing exists. It's just poorly written description of free crate.
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    What you talking about?

Why do you think that? Writing a separate crate name and a totally different description can't be a simple mistake.

When we got free crates in the daily login rewards, they were called 'Dwarven Crown Crate' 'Psijic Vault Crown Crate' etc. June's login reward is called a 'Preview Crate: Bandaari Pedlar'. It also comes with a totally different description of being a 'select collection' and dropping '3 cards, with a guaranteed high-value item' which is entirely unprecedented in any previous crate. People wouldn't have poorly written that description if it wasn't intended.

That said, I disagree with OP - I don't think preview crates should be included with the other crates, because I don't think preview crates should be a thing at all. The guaranteed odds of a high value item just seem like an attempt to deceive people about the drop rates of the actual crates, a free guaranteed carrot to entice players to purchase the actual crates, which have no such guaranteed good items. So in a way I consider the preview crates a dishonest marketing strategy for the actual crates and I don't think they help the playerbase at all.
  • NorthernNightmare
    NorthernNightmare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bluebird wrote: »
    What you talking about?

Why do you think that? Writing a separate crate name and a totally different description can't be a simple mistake.

When we got free crates in the daily login rewards, they were called 'Dwarven Crown Crate' 'Psijic Vault Crown Crate' etc. June's login reward is called a 'Preview Crate: Bandaari Pedlar'. It also comes with a totally different description of being a 'select collection' and dropping '3 cards, with a guaranteed high-value item' which is entirely unprecedented in any previous crate. People wouldn't have poorly written that description if it wasn't intended.

That said, I disagree with OP - I don't think preview crates should be included with the other crates, because I don't think preview crates should be a thing at all. The guaranteed odds of a high value item just seem like an attempt to deceive people about the drop rates of the actual crates, a free guaranteed carrot to entice players to purchase the actual crates, which have no such guaranteed good items. So in a way I consider the preview crates a dishonest marketing strategy for the actual crates and I don't think they help the playerbase at all.

i just thought it would give the bundles more value. So you get a good item for certain giving how much youre dropping.