The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Login issue (maybe related to getting stuck bug)

Ronnie42
Ronnie42
Soul Shriven
Hi, I don't normally post here but couldn't find anywhere else to find support.

Anyway the last few days I've been getting 'timed out' errors, assumed it was due to the new expansion but generally that seems like common issue with ESO.
But last night I was attacked by a 'ghost' and it pushed me into an object so I couldn't move or fight back, forced me to fail the mission since I was unable to do anything since I was stuck so I tried selecting 'unstuck', then the game kicked me out claiming something about spamming text chat, which is kind of impossible to do when fighting and I don't use text chat much. After that I noticed I was unable to get into any games on the EU server.

I've got in touch with Xbox Live support, they told me to do hard reset, re-download profile....I've done both of those, was told my side is fine, so is Xbox Live and they claim ESO servers are claiming to be fine so I'm completely baffled as to what's going on.

Also before I was online I've noticed there was some lag within the game and I'm able to play other games fine...the only game that I'm having problems with ESO.

Did further checks, ports all seem fine and noticed the issue only seems to effect EU servers.
Edited by Ronnie42 on June 8, 2019 12:44PM
  • Ronnie42
    Ronnie42
    Soul Shriven
    So tried logging into today and it did straight away.....except it kicked me back off line as soon as I tried to select the unstuck button. I think the issue itself might not be the servers itself but a major bug that is forcing me offline since now I'm stuck again not being able to log back on.
  • Ronnie42
    Ronnie42
    Soul Shriven
    May have got a possible solution:
    So the unstuck feature is/was broken, seems like it's been causing my game to kick me offline.
    Instead of using the 'unstuck' button...I decided to use the map to change my location instead, I got free.
    Testing further now...and if all goes well I should be able to stay online with no more repeated issues.