Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Sound effects

rnettle
rnettle
Anyone had problems with the sound effects since the ELSWEYR & UPDATE 22, sound effects have gone laggy sometimes up to 5 seconds. Tried tuning off the PS4 and unplugging the cable and restarting but it didn't solve the problem.
  • Rinlan_Darius
    Rinlan_Darius
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, same problem.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    Are all sound effects laggy?

Is this happening in every zone or dungeon you visit?

Clearing your local save data may help with your sound issue.
    1. From the PlayStation Dynamic Menu, navigate to Settings.
    2. Go to Application Saved Data.
    3. Click on Saved Data in System Storage
    4. Select "Delete"
    5. Select The Elder Scrolls Online.
    6. Place ticks next to ESO Save Data.
    7. Select [Delete] and then select [OK] to confirm your decision.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • rnettle
    rnettle
    Happens all the time in every zone and dungeon, sometimes the special effects sound in combat will disappear then come back again 2 or 3 seconds later, I'll try what you've said and let you know.
  • rothtwinsdad
    rothtwinsdad
    ✭✭
    Been having this issue as well, I will try this fix tonight.
    PS4/NA
    Ace Ventura: Magsorc pve dps
    Bodacious Brutality: Stamblade pve dps
    Freezer Pops: Magden pvp DC
    Nature Boy: Stamden pvp DC
    Tramp Stampler: Magplar pve dps
    Sargent Slaughterfish: Magblade
    Unbreakable: Stampler pvp DC
    Combustible: DK pve tank
    Romancing The Bone: Stamcro pve dps/tank
  • Willard
    Willard
    ✭✭✭
    Having the same issues. Sounds happen a good 2-5 seconds after an action.
  • rnettle
    rnettle
    Seems to have fixed the problem, thanks.
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I find Clearing your local save data after every update is a good practice to get into. Doesn't take long and only have to do it 4 times a year.
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    Are all sound effects laggy?

Is this happening in every zone or dungeon you visit?

Mainly in Elsweyr, laggy and not synchronized.

"Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • Grandesdar
    Grandesdar
    ✭✭✭
    I have the same issue, everywhere, and clearing save data didn't help.
    Playing on ps4 pro with the gold disc edition.
    Edited by Grandesdar on June 7, 2019 10:50AM
    Main: The Charismatic StamDK DD
    Side: A Handsome Warden Healer
    Side: (upcoming) Stam Necro DD
    CP: 680
    EU PSN: Style3513
  • rnettle
    rnettle
    Thought the problem had cleared but noticed it come back after entering dungeons, very annoying :(
  • ApostateHobo
    ApostateHobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Had noticed the sound effects were laggy during dragon fights though that's expected due to the sheer number of players, but that was about it as I hadn't done any dungeons since elsweyr. Just did a dungeon now and holy crap the effects were so delayed it was terrible. I'll try deleting the save data later to see if that does anything, but since I don't get this issue otherwise I think there might just be something screwy going on with dungeons.

Update: I deleted the save data, and it didn't help whatsoever. All it did was make me have to redo most of my settings. The audio desync seems to happen worst at the beginning and ending of combat. Everything goes silent for a few seconds then the sound effects happen all at once.
    Edited by ApostateHobo on June 11, 2019 4:23AM
  • pagipl
    pagipl
    Have the sam problems - confirm - sounds happen a good 2-5 seconds after an action - dungeon, trials, open word.
    Also critical game issue - lags - same as sound - in dungeon, trials 2-5 sec delay in graphics. Cant play.
    This is not only my problem - I spoke with many players - have the same.
    Can somebody from ZOE can react on this issue?
  • Willard
    Willard
    ✭✭✭
    This sound delay on PS4 has only gotten worse! Now it happens just about all the time no matter what zone you are in and actual actions not just sounds are also delayed. Clearing my local save data did nothing to help the issue. Please fix this!
  • Wolfpaw
    Wolfpaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    PS4 NA

1. Sound delay in dungeon
    2. Sound goes in and out when in Dungeon
    3. Skill delay in dungeons
    4. Mobs not showing for 5-10+
    5. Group & area voice channels not showing in options for Cyrodiil
  • Lonnah
    Lonnah
    Soul Shriven
    Have same issue. Sound effects are often as much as 10 seconds delayed.
  • AgaTheGreat
    AgaTheGreat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The desynchronised sound effect in dungeons happens when there is a necromancer in the group. Try it out with and without but I think that's what is causing the problems
    PS4 EU Aga_The_Grey - retired | PC EU AgaTheGreat
  • vivisectvib16_ESO
    vivisectvib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is still happening with and without necromancers in the group. It's actually happening during solo play as well.
  • vivisectvib16_ESO
    vivisectvib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So is this going to be fixed with the new patch this week?
  • VenDetta0910
    VenDetta0910
    ✭✭

Probably not. I had this issue after elswyer update and literally couldnt deal with it any longer as i cant see paying to pay a broken game. I love ESO , but im not putting up with it. I ended up going back to FFXIV when shadowbringers dropped, but, as i am now, have kept checking forums periodically to see if this audio de sync/invis mobs etc was still happening, which clearly, it is. Sigh. I truly hope they have some timeline of fixing this as im not coming back till they do sadly. Those of you still putting up with it, godspeed. I cant handle it lol.
  • Willard
    Willard
    ✭✭✭

Probably not. I had this issue after elswyer update and literally couldnt deal with it any longer as i cant see paying to pay a broken game. I love ESO , but im not putting up with it. I ended up going back to FFXIV when shadowbringers dropped, but, as i am now, have kept checking forums periodically to see if this audio de sync/invis mobs etc was still happening, which clearly, it is. Sigh. I truly hope they have some timeline of fixing this as im not coming back till they do sadly. Those of you still putting up with it, godspeed. I cant handle it lol.

As of today's update (Scalebreaker) on PS4 my desynchronized sound issues seem to be resolved. I hope they stay that way. I only played for about 45 min with no issues. I will try again tonight and see if things are still good:)
  • WildRaptorX
    WildRaptorX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ve noticed that whirling blades has the odd chance of sounding extremely loud in the new update
  • vivisectvib16_ESO
    vivisectvib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Willard wrote: »
    As of today's update (Scalebreaker) on PS4 my desynchronized sound issues seem to be resolved. I hope they stay that way. I only played for about 45 min with no issues. I will try again tonight and see if things are still good:)

So-far, so-good for me as well. I'd mainly notice the desync during the "earthquake" effect of the Sellistrix set, but it hasn't happened to me so far. Crossing my fingers.