The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

under cp 160?

Skysenzz
Skysenzz
✭✭✭
Yo, I've been wondering why are below cp 160 with higher than cp 160; they definitly (most of them) have a really bad build etc, they can't compete with most of cp 160cp+ guys.
Why not putting them with the under lvl 50 BG? There's almost no difference between a cp 65 and a lvl 48 guy.
Sometimes I play some BGs with teams with 3 810 & 1 guy under cp 160, why are they here? It just ruin the game... They're 0/10 most of the time and can't do *** because they have no chance vs experienced players. I don't understand how it can be fun for them too, respawn to die as soon as you hit the fight...
I remember seeing one of Nixxiom's video saying that as under cp160 he would get demolished in Battlegrounds..
Put them in the same BG as under lvl 50, so they can play the game instead of dying every 25seconds, new players will thank you.
@ZOS_GinaBruno
CP1000+
DC sDK Skysenzz
DC Stamden Kartag Vosh Rakh
DC mDK Ignis-Noctem
DC sDK Ellesperis
DC MagSorc Victorià
EP Stamplar Subject to change
EP StamBlade Powerful Ninja Zoid
DC StamNecro StamDK ls Better
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skysenzz wrote: »
    Yo, I've been wondering why are below cp 160 with higher than cp 160; they definitly (most of them) have a really bad build etc, they can't compete with most of cp 160cp+ guys.
    Why not putting them with the under lvl 50 BG? There's almost no difference between a cp 65 and a lvl 48 guy.
    Sometimes I play some BGs with teams with 3 810 & 1 guy under cp 160, why are they here? It just ruin the game... They're 0/10 most of the time and can't do *** because they have no chance vs experienced players. I don't understand how it can be fun for them too, respawn to die as soon as you hit the fight...
    I remember seeing one of Nixxiom's video saying that as under cp160 he would get demolished in Battlegrounds..
    Put them in the same BG as under lvl 50, so they can play the game instead of dying every 25seconds, new players will thank you.
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

The under CP 160 guys in mid/upper tier MMR matches are people who’ve done all their levelling in BGs, resulting in then having an inflated MMR when they advance to vet level BGs. MMR should reset when players hit level 50, but it very obviously does not. Yet another glaring oversight by the dev team when it comes to BGs...
  • HEBREWHAMMERRR
    HEBREWHAMMERRR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aurielle wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

The under CP 160 guys in mid/upper tier MMR matches are people who’ve done all their levelling in BGs, resulting in then having an inflated MMR when they advance to vet level BGs. MMR should reset when players hit level 50, but it very obviously does not. Yet another glaring oversight by the dev team when it comes to BGs...

So if you steamrolled kids leveling in under 50 BGs you should continue playing those same kids when you reach 50? If you are a fresh 50 with no BG experience, the low MMR people are just as bad as under 50. You can’t just not have an MMR system in place. Now maybe they could reduce the MMR gain in under 50, that’s an idea I could get behind, but not wipe it out fresh. Much like people are complaining their MMR is too high and they’re getting wiped up in lvl 50 BGs, look at the kids you rolled over in under 50 BGs. You think they would say it’s fair to continue playing people who’ve been beating them up constantly because their MMR was wiped clean? Look at it from both sides in regards to the MMR system.
    Edited by HEBREWHAMMERRR on June 3, 2019 12:07PM
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

So if you steamrolled kids leveling in under 50 BGs you should continue playing those same kids when you reach 50? If you are a fresh 50 with no BG experience, the low MMR people are just as bad as under 50. You can’t just not have an MMR system in place. Now maybe they could reduce the MMR gain in under 50, that’s an idea I could get behind, but not wipe it out fresh. Much like people are complaining their MMR is too high and they’re getting wiped up in lvl 50 BGs, look at the kids you rolled over in under 50 BGs. You think they would say it’s fair to continue playing people who’ve been beating them up constantly because their MMR was wiped clean? Look at it from both sides in regards to the MMR system.

Due to level scaling and whatnot, it’s easier for a brand new player who has no CP yet to do well in BGs. “Steamrolling kids” in under 50 BGs is not a valid representation of that player’s capabilities in vet level BGs — especially not if they are under CP 160. Under 50 BGs are kindergarten compared to vet level BGs. Players who are under CP 160 will provide NOTHING of value to their max level teammates, and they will themselves be frustrated as they need CP 160 gear to do damage and have some defense. If their MMR is wiped, they will still struggle against potatoes who are wearing level capped gear, but not as much as they would if they immediately entered high level MMR matches, as is the case right now. In no CP, the difference between having CP 160 gear and level 40-49 gear (which is what these guys usually have) is severe. Most under CP 160 players don’t even crack 50k damage done, as they die as soon as any competent high MMR player looks at them.

I think your concerns are more valid for the max CP twinks who run gold gear in under 50 BGs on disposable alts. Thing is, though, those players usually delete their characters once they hit 50, and hand the gold gear down to another alt, because they want their easy wins and shy away from the challenges of vet level BGs.

In short, existing MMR should be completely wiped when a player hits level 50.
  • HEBREWHAMMERRR
    HEBREWHAMMERRR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Due to level scaling and whatnot, it’s easier for a brand new player who has no CP yet to do well in BGs. “Steamrolling kids” in under 50 BGs is not a valid representation of that player’s capabilities in vet level BGs — especially not if they are under CP 160. Under 50 BGs are kindergarten compared to vet level BGs. Players who are under CP 160 will provide NOTHING of value to their max level teammates, and they will themselves be frustrated as they need CP 160 gear to do damage and have some defense. If their MMR is wiped, they will still struggle against potatoes who are wearing level capped gear, but not as much as they would if they immediately entered high level MMR matches, as is the case right now. In no CP, the difference between having CP 160 gear and level 40-49 gear (which is what these guys usually have) is severe. Most under CP 160 players don’t even crack 50k damage done, as they die as soon as any competent high MMR player looks at them.

I think your concerns are more valid for the max CP twinks who run gold gear in under 50 BGs on disposable alts. Thing is, though, those players usually delete their characters once they hit 50, and hand the gold gear down to another alt, because they want their easy wins and shy away from the challenges of vet level BGs.

Maybe it’s different on your platform, but under 50 BGs are littered with players making gear sets for their appropriate levels around 40-50 range and wrecking BGs. I know this because I leveled my stamden from 40-50 with this idea in mind and was surprised how many people shared my idea. So, no, in a lesser extent, people are still doing this under 50 but it’s just taken to that next level when at that next step. Like I said, wiping MMR isn’t solving the issue for those players who struggle through under 59 BGs or players currently brand new to BGs with no idea what they’re getting in to and then face someone with loads of sub 50 BG experience to just smash them because their MMR was reset.

The best solution is to tone down the MMR gain but not wipe entirely.
    Edited by HEBREWHAMMERRR on June 3, 2019 2:51PM
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Maybe it’s different on your platform, but under 50 BGs are littered with players making gear sets for their appropriate levels around 40-50 range and wrecking BGs. I know this because I leveled my stamden from 40-50 with this idea in mind and was surprised how many people shared my idea. So, no, in a lesser extent, people are still doing this under 50 but it’s just taken to that next level when at that next step. Like I said, wiping MMR isn’t solving the issue for those players who struggle through under 59 BGs or players currently brand new to BGs with no idea what they’re getting in to and then face someone with loads of sub 50 BG experience to just smash them because their MMR was reset.

The best solution is to tone down the MMR gain but not wipe entirely.

Again, battle levelling makes under 50 BGs much easier than vet level BGs. A new player who slays in level 46 gear at a high MMR in under 50 is not going to slay in crafted CP 10 gear when they immediately transition into high MMR matches in vet level BGs. They won’t necessarily slay in low MMR vet matches against bad players who are wearing CP 160 gear either, but even if they do, they will progress fairly quickly through low tiers into mid tiers, and then into higher tiers once they have appropriate level capped gear to compete at higher levels. Bad players would barely have to deal with them.

To reiterate my earlier point, gear makes a huge difference in no CP PVP. If you don’t have CP 160 gear, you’re at a massive disadvantage and you bring your team down. Next time you see a sub CP 160 player in a high MMR vet match, look at their damage and healing done at the end of the match, along with their KD ratio and overall score. Provided that they don’t rage quit, you will see that they lag behind every other player in the match significantly. Sub CP 160 players barely crack scores of 1000 in vet level BGs, unless they’re playing objective-based matches. Deathmatch? Forget about it. They’re hitting scores of 500-800 max.

I’d be ok with CP 160+ players inheriting their under level 50 MMR rank if they levelled an alt through BGs and then continue to play that alt in vet BGs. New players who level completely through BGs, however? They should absolutely have their MMRs wipes upon hitting level 50, as it’ll take them a while to not only hit CP 160, but also to acquire level capped gear.
  • InvictusApollo
    InvictusApollo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imagine sitting in a plane. You are a soldier, a veteran, an elite. You are waiting for rapid vertical deployment. You are fully geared: best bulletproof vest your country could give you, light weight assault rifle with all possible attachments, higfh tech night vision googles, miniature recon drones, C4 explosives and ofcourse enough supplies to survive a week behind enemy lines...

Then you look up and see a guy in t-shirt and slippers, chewing a gum and saying: "sup bro, I'm gonna be your teammate, you can count on me".

That is basically what BGs feel like when you get someone with less than 160CP on your team.
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imagine sitting in a plane. You are a soldier, a veteran, an elite. You are waiting for rapid vertical deployment. You are fully geared: best bulletproof vest your country could give you, light weight assault rifle with all possible attachments, higfh tech night vision googles, miniature recon drones, C4 explosives and ofcourse enough supplies to survive a week behind enemy lines...

Then you look up and see a guy in t-shirt and slippers, chewing a gum and saying: "sup bro, I'm gonna be your teammate, you can count on me".

That is basically what BGs feel like when you get someone with less than 160CP on your team.

Pretty much, yeah. It’s frustrating. Three competent players can usually carry the weak sub CP 160 player, but if said weak sub CP 160 player keeps feeding kills to the opposing teams? Third place is almost always inevitable. I’m sorry to say this, but I’m actually relieved when they rage quit halfway through... I’d rather play outnumbered.

ZOS really needs to do something about this; the current system sucks for the newbs, and it sucks for those of us who play BGs regularly.
  • InvictusApollo
    InvictusApollo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This would be solved if there was a system allowing players to pick and borrow builds before a match and just for that match. It would be just like in Overwatch or Apex where you pick your loadout (a hero) at the beginnign and play with it.
  • HEBREWHAMMERRR
    HEBREWHAMMERRR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This would be solved if there was a system allowing players to pick and borrow builds before a match and just for that match. It would be just like in Overwatch or Apex where you pick your loadout (a hero) at the beginnign and play with it.

You’re...serious?
  • InvictusApollo
    InvictusApollo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You’re...serious?

Yeah, imagine it:
    Whenever you start a match you get a choice of a build for your character. Ofcourse you pay for it and the price is adequate to make you farm those sets yourself but still affordable so that you could test different builds without countless hours of farming gold, transmutation crystals and sets.
    There would be whole builds available for rent or even an in game build editor allowing you to make your build yourself and then rent it for the match.

Think of how many problems this would solve:
    1. Sub 160CP poorly equiped players.
    2. Ill equiped players who don't have enough knowledge yet to create a build.
    3. Huge costs of testing a build in real pvp.
    4. PvE players going to BGs just to farm.
    5. Premades. There is a premade little ballgroup? Cool. Ask your teammates to swap a build and counter that premade. That is what we do in Overwatch already or at least what smart players do.
  • Skysenzz
    Skysenzz
    ✭✭✭

You’re...serious?

Yeah, imagine it:
    Whenever you start a match you get a choice of a build for your character. Ofcourse you pay for it and the price is adequate to make you farm those sets yourself but still affordable so that you could test different builds without countless hours of farming gold, transmutation crystals and sets.
    There would be whole builds available for rent or even an in game build editor allowing you to make your build yourself and then rent it for the match.

5. Premades. There is a premade little ballgroup? Cool. Ask your teammates to swap a build and counter that premade. That is what we do in Overwatch already or at least what smart players do.

6. Take 10years before every BG before it start.
    CP1000+
    DC sDK Skysenzz
    DC mDK Ignis-Noctem
    DC sDK Ellesperis
    DC MagSorc Victorià
  • InvictusApollo
    InvictusApollo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You’re...serious?

Yeah, imagine it:

Only if you make a build before the match. Not if you just choose one of the builds that you or developers have prepared beforehand. Easy fix.
  • Skysenzz
    Skysenzz
    ✭✭✭

You’re...serious?

Yeah, imagine it:

Only if you make a build before the match. Not if you just choose one of the builds that you or developers have prepared beforehand. Easy fix.

people will complain anyway because they farmed for the gear & payed golds for it.
    It would be fair if the item you could pick were from your bank or something like that, rather than everyone can pick every gear.
    CP1000+
    DC sDK Skysenzz
    DC mDK Ignis-Noctem
    DC sDK Ellesperis
    DC MagSorc Victorià