The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Any work around with override enchanting?

siuolly
siuolly
✭✭✭
I have been report the bug since beta but it still exist. If you have an item (armor or weapon) that has an enchant on it and you want to override with better one, apply another glyph will NOT override the stat but consumes your glyph. Has anyone found a way to work around it? I always want to override my enchant when I found a better one but all those time, the glyph was consumed without override the statistics.
Edited by siuolly on April 11, 2014 11:36AM
  • Vantor
    Vantor
    ✭✭✭
    Keep in mind that the glyphs display the max possible bonus (which is for the chest piece for armor runes). So far i have not encountered this bug you speak of but i'll keep an eye out for it.
    Edited by Vantor on April 11, 2014 5:21PM
    Invictus EU Guild Officer
  • Tetujin
    Tetujin
    ✭✭✭
    I have overridden a weapon enchantment. Ran out on a store-bought one 'of shock' and replaced with one that decreases armor. I noticed the effect it had on the enemy health bar with the new enchantment and thought it was neat, so I'm sure it worked. But don't remember checking the item description, may be a display bug and if so ill post again after I get a chance to go back and check.
  • Azuleslight
    my overrides are working perfectly fine, i have used purchased and looted enchantments as well as created with no issue. the ONLY items i cannot enchant over were the rings given by the guy in the cave and that was purposeful. your not suppose to overwrite those enchants
  • siuolly
    siuolly
    ✭✭✭
    @Vantor‌ and @sir_dunnub17_ESO‌ , you both are right.. my bad. When an enchant says "max health 43" applicable on level 15 to 25 and I put that on a level 20 item, only 17 health is applied. Its odd that only 17 out of 43 health was applied. Thanks everyone for all the help.
  • Tetujin
    Tetujin
    ✭✭✭
    I think it may also be affected by the item's current repair level, though not certain because I've been just leaving the armor to fall apart and then replacing it.
  • clocksstoppe
    clocksstoppe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it is not affected by the item level or repair state.
    the maximum value will only work for chest pieces, and lower values will be applied to others like boots or belt