The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Sunspire: Your thoughts on normal difficulty?

wishlist14
wishlist14
✭✭✭✭✭
I just want to hear or read your thoughts on normal Sunspire trial difficulty and your first experience of it. I just did it today with a pug and I loved it. I did read a guide prior as I personaly like to be prepared.
I felt elated after doing it without dying once. This is my first time that I jumped in and did well. I now feel confident to do it more times and get gear. I'm so happy. I feel like i now have the confidence to progress in end game. I got my furniture item too and feel elated with the whole experience.

I know vet mode is probably a huge step up in difficulty but if I can find the right group that want to practice I'd be willing. In the meantime I'm beyong chuffed at fighting the overland Dragon bosses and pugging nSS.Happy days ahead 😊😊😊

Also, a special thank you to our rep @Alcast for his build which I used and found it worked brilliantly. I'm still in crafted/ overland gear but hope to advance from that and farm some trials gear.

Thank you so much zos for making this Trial more beginner endgame friendly so we can train and Thank you for everything.❤❤❤
Edited by wishlist14 on May 31, 2019 9:33PM
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Normal sunspire is easier then normal Craglorn trials in my opinion.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was very fun and enaging. Mechs existed and couldn't be skipped but weren't one shots. Sunspire is best trial yet.
  • Khumbu
    Khumbu
    ✭✭✭
    Fun and easy without being a total sleepwalk like NCR + 0. Just enough going on to keep you on your toes, but still easy enough to farm repeatedly without hating it. I approve!
  • SidraWillowsky
    SidraWillowsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I ran it for the first time last night and was underwhelmed. It's a very pretty area but it just felt boring. I dislike the Asylum Sanctorium/Cloudrest mini-trial formats and was looking forward to something more dynamic, but SS felt about the same, though with some adds in between the bosses. In terms of difficulty, the dragons were on par with the difficult of the three CR minibosses on norm and about as dull.

I seem to be in the minority here though...
  • highkingnm
    highkingnm
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good, but after doing vet it feels like a bit of a cakewalk. I'd say it is Craglorn trial level of difficulty. Even vet is fairly simple in comparison. Very enjoyable though and the gear is tasty.
  • wishlist14
    wishlist14
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I ran it for the first time last night and was underwhelmed. It's a very pretty area but it just felt boring. I dislike the Asylum Sanctorium/Cloudrest mini-trial formats and was looking forward to something more dynamic, but SS felt about the same, though with some adds in between the bosses. In terms of difficulty, the dragons were on par with the difficult of the three CR minibosses on norm and about as dull.

I seem to be in the minority here though...

It's ok that you have a different opinion, I was looking f9r a variety of responses. Thank you I value your reply 😊
  • wishlist14
    wishlist14
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    highkingnm wrote: »
    Good, but after doing vet it feels like a bit of a cakewalk. I'd say it is Craglorn trial level of difficulty. Even vet is fairly simple in comparison. Very enjoyable though and the gear is tasty.

I want to try vet but I'm a bit worried it will be too much of a steep step up in difficulty so doing normal for a while might help
    Prepare me plus I am still in non trials gear so i doubt that will help in vet trial.

Thanks for your reply 😊
    Edited by wishlist14 on May 31, 2019 9:39PM
  • wishlist14
    wishlist14
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tasear wrote: »
    It was very fun and enaging. Mechs existed and couldn't be skipped but weren't one shots. Sunspire is best trial yet.

I totally agree with you @Tasear 😊
  • wishlist14
    wishlist14
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Interesting to know....This makes me think that Zos do want to help more players be able to train for endgame...make it more accessible for the majority. Thank you for your reply😊
    Edited by wishlist14 on May 31, 2019 9:44PM
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wishlist14 wrote: »

Interesting to know....This makes me think that Zos do want to help more players be able to train for endgame...make it more accessible for the majority. Thank you for your reply😊

Well, as I know absolutely everybody already got full packs of non-perfected sets from those chests which you can loot without fighting boss. If you think this provide any training for end game.. alright, I don't care really, since this doesn't have any impact on me. If all newbies in dungeons will run in FG, Claw and Lokki it's only better.

• wishlist14
    wishlist14
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @MartiniDaniels, some people haven't even started doing Sunspire so I highly doubt that everybody got loot from chests.

Also, is it so bad that newbies to trials or newbie players get a chance at gear to help them move easier towards doing harder content? And is it a problem that there are chests with blue gear because tbh we did all the bosses because everyone in our pugs wanted to do them. I have not been in a group that didnt want to do the bosses. I'm farming nSS now as I like the team spirit in pugs ...lots of funny people having a good time. Good players too.

The main thing to remember is that for those players that find nSS too much of a cake walk in the park then simply dont do it....do all the other vet trials on hm. Or do vSS and do every achievement and heck do it naked to test yourselves.
    I do think it's great for not just newbies but people that cant do vet to have this trial.

Anyway thanks for your feedback. I think these Dragon bosses and adds in nSS are a good way for newbies to train yes. I think the gear rewards make players feel excited about being able to get gear so they can advance.

By FG do you mean fungal grotto? Anyway...all normal trials should be training opportunities for people moving into endgame. I actually call endgame vets. Normals should never be overwhelming but they should be challenging enough and include a variety of mechanics to encourage players to want to progress. I strongly believe nSS delivers all these things.

Again I value your opinion but as you pointed out nSS doesn't really affect you. 😊
    Edited by wishlist14 on June 1, 2019 9:20AM
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Back on this I really enjoyed the different gear and reward options for each level you can set it. Also it was overwhelming long but did it's purpose.

Side note? Is there such thing as hm nSS?
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @wishlist14
    I don't know from where your irony comes, I am sincerely glad that new players got trial where they can experience group work and decent rewards without huge gap in difficulty from dungeons.
    FG = False god set. If you think that experienced players want "trial equipment" somehow locked behind difficulty, no, I don't think so, actually in our guild we encourage newbies to jump in trials as soon as possible and we help them to get gear for this.

In my first comment I simply mentioned that trial is relatively easy and have very good sets which greatly decrease value of some crafted and overland sets, which is not good for overall game health, basically with such actions from ZOS makes older content outdated and irrelevant. But this doesn't concern me because I completed that content long ago and already bought Elsweyr. Obviously newbies who don't bought Elsweyr are in disadvantage here, but this is how MMO marketing works.
  • robpr
    robpr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the tank keep the breath away from the group, fight itself is just a huge trial dummy. Trash mobs are more dangerous than the dragons on norm.
  • Joxer61
    Joxer61
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did it today! Fun as!
    Reminds me a tad of WOW raids with the trash and tank swaps but was a good time. I have seen that vet can be a bugger but looking forward to it!!
  • Runefang
    Runefang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I found Yolnahkriin and Lokketiiz dragons boring to fight personally. Too much time in the air waiting for them to come down.
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like it a lot. It's nice to have a DLC trial that can be done in a relaxed way with guildies and not feel like this big stressful thing that's going to eat an entire evening and take forever and destroy my carpal-tunnely wrists. We didn't faceroll it, nor did we have trouble with it, it was a nice balance. About time one of the DLC trials felt welcoming instead of having a big ol' Leet stamp on it.
  • Apox
    Apox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    coming from wow and how challenging wow mythic raids can be, even veteran is easy. the hardest part about trials is getting everyone else to play well enough
  • Altyrann
    Altyrann
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While the veteran version has some interesting mechanics to deal with on bosses, the normal version feels like it gets bulldozed with high group damage (pushing boss to take off before fire atronachs and iron servant spawn, for example).

As an introduction to trials and to help people then step into harder content, it would be great if the mechanics still needed attention, even if they are not one shots if missed etc.
  • DarkShadowFax
    DarkShadowFax
    ✭✭✭
    Fun, was happy to see mechanics from other trials return as well as having some new things added in. A lot of the gear sets are also very good.
    I personally feel like nSS might be a little too easy and that it doesnt prepare people nearly enough for vet, should they ever want to try that.
    PC-NA | vCragHM | vDSA | Flawless | vMoLHM | vHoFHM | IR | GH | Unchained | vSSHM | DB | Spirit Slayer | vRGHM | vDSR | PvP Scrub
    • Zookeeper Sarena | Magicka Sorcerer
    • Sarena Shadow-Claws | Stamina Nightblade
    • Sarena the Dancer | Templar Healer
    • Sarena Greenheart | Warden Healer
    • Sarena Likes Hiding | Nightblade Healer
    • Sarena Chases Bears | Stamina Warden
    • Sarena Robs Graves | Necromancer Healer
    • Sarena's Warning | Magicka Templar
    • Saint Sarena | Magicka Nightblade
    • Sarena Tail-Chaser | Magicka Dragonknight
    • Sarena Likes Bones | Stamina Necromancer
    • Sarena War-Wolf | Dragonknight Tank