Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Am I forced to grind?

Kunni
Kunni
First thing, i'm daggerfall cov. Long story short, I missed a handful of quests (didn't look hard enough) in the first 2 areas which has resulted in me being a few levels behind the rest of the game. I've just finished ALL quests in Bangkorai and coldharbour, I hit lvl 46. Am I now gonna have to grind the last 4 levels? :(
  • Thete
    Thete
    ✭✭✭
    I found fairly early on (with Ebonheart) that you really need to complete all quests to avoid getting behind for the newer areas. You can get a bit from pvp, but I don't think it's particularly time efficient.

What I did find out was that going back and finishing quest lines and public dungeons that I'd misses (or at least missed kill the end boss for the latter) gave me decent experience even when I out-levelled it.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    has you done the dungeons? They have quests and give decent XP, loosing out low level quests should not have an huge impact at level 50, also do PvP and the PvP quests, Cyrodil also has dungeons and PvE quests.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • k9mouse
    k9mouse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doing Zergs PVP is a good way to get XP easy?
  • Miths
    Miths
    I just grinded from 14 to 15 in the first area of the 16+ zone (and now I'm back doing the final quests in the first zone). It was actually surprisingly fast thanks to the quick mob spawn in manageable packs of 2-3.
    It probably took me around 120 kills or so, and I got some decent loot and stuff to sell in the process.

But I guess grinding at level 46 is another matter entirely?
  • wdadams1965ub17_ESO
    I think to solve the problem is for them to add a few more quest in each zone. Some people have had no issues , while others have, could be due to ring xp bonus or just more grouping bonus . I know I have had to grind out one lvl at the end of every zone so far.
  • Kunni
    Kunni
    Yeah I've had to grind 46-49, its taken a long time. I agree this could be solved by adding more quests, upping quest xp or warning people not to miss quests. I wasn't aware at the start I had to do pretty much every quest to keep up to speed. Theres lots of grinding groups in coldharbour because a lot of people are 4-5 levels under.
  • Shaun98ca2
    Shaun98ca2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think a lot of it has to do with play styles. Some try to finish quest "efficiently" so they aren't fighting and killing everything that glows red. Which is BASICALLY grinding WHILE questing. Some quests don't require killing at all so they can be quick and easy to complete and when your skipping killing stuff along the way you tend to find yourself underleveled.

Sad thing is your probably going to have to grind. I recommend the elites areas those might be worth more xp.