Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

I was a dummy and...

Muanthuun
Muanthuun
✭✭✭
Didn't level any melee or bow skills. I am thinking of trying out a stamina build for my class, but sitting at CP 109 and 0 skill in bow, dw and 2hander. Would it just be simpler to level the other spec fresh with a new character, or are there quick methods to get those skills to near 50? Any suggestions welcomed.

Thanks!
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Two ways to get those skill lines started.

1. Eqiup class skills to do your damage and have those class skills equipped and eventually one or two skills from those lines. Quest away.
    1a. When turning in a quest place on your active bar (or back bar and make it active) weapon and skills you want to level up.
    2. After you get the skill lines started and have something to work with do normal random dungeons. Best to do this with friends, especially since you are getting used to new skills.
    Edited by idk on June 4, 2019 10:30AM
  • mague
    mague
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do quests. Daily crafting quest, or undaunted solo or any other daily or any other quest.
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was in a similar state with a bow/bow character who wanted to grab some S&B skill so we could tank when needed. Just equipped the S&B to get the skill line started and did some side-quests, using class skills for damage. Made sure the right bar was active when turning quests in, so the skills levelled. It was about ten minutes play to get enough levels to start using the new skills as intended.

"Equipping S&B" wasn't just a one-handed weapon and a shield, however, it was the heavy armour set that went with it. The character already had a decent level in that from wearing a single piece with the five medium (and one light) all the time. If your character is wearing light for a magicka build, then you'd want to don a new set of mostly medium while they build up the weapon skills. That set should provide stamina, either max or regen, as you'll likely be short with the current build. Mine needed health/resistance from the equipment in order to tank better.

If you have (or can get easily) the extra set of gear, then you can swap "personality" for each quest you take on, depending on whether you feel confident of doing it on the weaker skills. Most dungeons will give you some pauses where you can change your mind.

Better yet, run with a group that can carry you a bit while you catch up!
    Edited by ghastley on June 4, 2019 3:29PM
  • Muanthuun
    Muanthuun
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks all, definitely taking everyone's advice. It is a relief to know I won't need to be on a slow mount with a new character any time soon.
  • ManwithBeard9
    ManwithBeard9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I leveled every weapon skill line on my main, just because. Have your main weapon and its skills on one bar, fill in class and guild skills on back bar until you can start spending skill points. When questing or grinding dolmens, before you turn in the quest or the final pinion is released, swap to new weapon. Just make sure you have training traits on the weapons.