The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Ps4. Uh.. I need help.

mrs_helheim
mrs_helheim
✭✭
So here's my problem. Light attacks hardly ever work. I'm not even being dramatic here when I say 75% of my light attacks just don't fire. Skills constantly don't fire off either, so I end up standing there like an idiot. I continuously get stuck in the heavy attack animation which if you've ever tried to walk in that animation you'd know you walk in slow motion, so trying to get out of an aoe while doing that is painful. If I try to cancel it with a block or jump sometimes it works, mostly not though, and if it does, chances are it's too late anyway. My net is good and I'm hardwired, ps4 pro, if that makes a difference. Honestly it's getting to the point of me not even wanting to play anymore. For the record, it's everywhere, all day. Anyone have any suggestions on what I can do to make this even slightly better?
  • Onefrkncrzypope
    Onefrkncrzypope
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you doing la -> skill or skill -> la. There is a difference. Are you using a lightning staff? Is this in Vivec in the middle of a huge fight?
    -Immortal Redeemer-
    -Extinguisher of Flames-
    -Gryphon Heart-
    -Potato-

If I edited a post, it was for spelling. It is always because of spelling....
  • mrs_helheim
    mrs_helheim
    ✭✭
    I guess la>skill but tbh its starts all blending together so I'm not sure. Inferno. Pve.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @mrs_helheim

Do you have a second controller you could test with?

One possible reason this could be happening is an issue with the current controller you're using.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • mrs_helheim
    mrs_helheim
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_BillE I actually tried it with an older controller I was storing, but my controller is only 3 months old. I do have a warranty and may use it soon, but I also am not sure if it's some kind of lag issue?
  • mrs_helheim
    mrs_helheim
    ✭✭
    I only log on for scheduled group content, so I haven't tested in overland or solo. Also I find if I stand still it gets better, but once I start moving around it's a nightmare.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @mrs_helheim

Did the older controller have the same issues?

As for your current controller, you can try the troubleshooting from Playstation Support listed here.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • mrs_helheim
    mrs_helheim
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_BillE Same result with the older controller. I'll use my warranty for a new controller and see if the issue still persists.
  • Spartabunny08
    Spartabunny08
    ✭✭✭✭
    It could be the controller. The one that came with my pro lasted a little over a year. Since then, I've not had one last more than a few months. Some stopped allowing me to move forward, some forced me to take off without trying to move forward. Some would just spin the camera around. My boyfriend has had the same experience. I've heard every possible explanation from "it's Eso" (happens in other games) to a game stop employee telling me that Walmart gets bad controllers (nope, same problem with theirs). The only fix for us has been to get new controllers. Unfortunately, it looks like Sony's just been dropping the ball on quality lately. We've started getting the warranties (previously declined, thinking surely they'd last at least a year.) At least with the warranty we can replace it for $10, but we'll probably be looking into aftermarket controllers... 😥
  • mrs_helheim
    mrs_helheim
    ✭✭
    Well I tried my boyfriends controller last night, same thing. He doesn't experience the problems I do when he uses his controller on his ps4, but all of a sudden on mine it's the same issue. This really doesn't seem like a controller issue, as any other game I play is perfectly fine.
  • ApostateHobo
    ApostateHobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know it might seem like a weird suggestion, but when a game starts misbehaving for me I usually rebuild my database and that fixes it. If that doesn't help I'd try testing it in different areas in game to see if the same thing happens, and maybe see if going a bit slower with everything helps. I've noticed sometimes my skills/attacks just kind of cancel out and don't go off if I'm going to fast for the game haha
  • MuddledMuppet
    MuddledMuppet
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't know if this is relevant or not, I've had the same issue on PC (I play with a PS4 controller)

I have only noticed it on sorc, lightning staff, have had this in a couple dungeons and had to log out and back in for it to resolve.
  • mrs_helheim
    mrs_helheim
    ✭✭
    I know it might seem like a weird suggestion, but when a game starts misbehaving for me I usually rebuild my database and that fixes it. If that doesn't help I'd try testing it in different areas in game to see if the same thing happens, and maybe see if going a bit slower with everything helps. I've noticed sometimes my skills/attacks just kind of cancel out and don't go off if I'm going to fast for the game haha

Rebuild? What is that and how do I do it? This problem is the worst in group content and some worse than others. Started about 2 weeks ago. Ironically it gets better if I'm not moving around too much and if I slow my roto down.
  • ProbablePaul
    ProbablePaul
    ✭✭✭✭

Rebuild? What is that and how do I do it? This problem is the worst in group content and some worse than others. Started about 2 weeks ago. Ironically it gets better if I'm not moving around too much and if I slow my roto down.

If you power down your PS4 and then power it on by pressing and holding the power button on the console, until the console beeps a second time you can rebuild the database of your console, kind of like defragmenting a hard drive. When you hit the power button, the console should beep once immediately... continue to hold the power button, after about 10 seconds it should beep a second time. The console will boot up in safe mode; plug in the DS4 with a USB cable and hit the PS button, select rebuild the database - it can take anywhere from 15 minutes to many hours depending on how fragmented it is.

Also, I don't know if this applies to you, but I have been having some crazy issues with my ESO on PS4 too, and after doing some research, it seems some people have found a common solution of deleting ESO then reinstalling it. Are you thinking... but all the data?! I know >_< It's overwhelming to think downliading 100gb of data is necessary to fix such a seemingly small issue, but ZOS doesn't seem to be planning, or even acknowledging a fix is necessary - which means it's likely on our end.

It's frustrating, because out of all the research I did, most of the issues I found that related to yours and mine started around the time ZOS did the update in early april. They never mentioned anything, but it still seems annoying, because they prolly fudged something.
    Edited by ProbablePaul on June 4, 2019 4:47PM
    Bosmer Melee Magicka Nightblade