Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Elsweyr furnishings bug

mbthorry
mbthorry
Soul Shriven
Is anybody else experiencing problems with placing and moving Elsweyr furnishings? I have the round rug and half rug that I have placed, but can't pick them up again to move them. I also bought the elegant wooden cabinet, but it doesn't appear in the housing editor. It was in my inventory until I selected it from there to place and then it disappeared. I have submitted a ticket, but was wondering if anybody else has had this problem. It's in the Alinor Townhouse.
  • mbthorry
    mbthorry
    Soul Shriven
    Sorry, I should have included that I'm on PC EU
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The only Elsweyr rug I have placed is the runner.

Didn't have any issue with it, but I find that if you place any rug (of any race) too flush to the ground, there is always the possibility you will not be able to grab it again and will have to use the Retrieve function instead.

No idea what could be going on with the cabinet, sorry.

Haven't placed one of those, but have placed other Elsweyr items without any unsual issues.
  • RawBrightSilver
    I'm on the PC as well and am having a problem with the Lunar Champion's home.

The Altar of Betrayal wasn't activated when I took residence, so I put the Clockwork City Revolving Celestial Drome into the wall niche, and lit it up with a candle. Once I placed the Betrayer's tablet on the pedestal, it opened a portal in the wall niche that leads to the Halls of Colossus.

Now I can't remove the Celestial Drome or candle. They can't be selected (probably because they're "behind" the portal). I'm stuck with them in that niche.

• Sturmfaenger
    Sturmfaenger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you tried to press F5 +R and select them via the menu? You can pick up or move any furniture that way. Also, if you move the tablet from the podestal to another place in the room, the portal deactivates.
    PC/EU
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

The Altar of Betrayal wasn't activated when I took residence, so I put the Clockwork City Revolving Celestial Drome into the wall niche, and lit it up with a candle. Once I placed the Betrayer's tablet on the pedestal, it opened a portal in the wall niche that leads to the Halls of Colossus.

Now I can't remove the Celestial Drome or candle. They can't be selected (probably because they're "behind" the portal). I'm stuck with them in that niche.

Just another reason to not like that gimmicky house.

Placing stuff can be tricky enough, with a regular house, without having to do it in that obstacle-strewn place.

Imagine if you had just been awarded nice little keys to open those doors, instead of having to permanently live with a giant, buzzing disco ball, stone altars and portals everywhere.
    Edited by Tigerseye on June 1, 2019 8:55AM
  • Sturmfaenger
    Sturmfaenger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I already decorated parts of the house, and had no problems whatsoever.
    I even placed a reaper's march painting beyond the portal of the active doorway, with the flickering air there it now looks like an actual way out.

Being unable to pick up furniture happens sometimes. It can happen in any of the regular houses too, that you place a painting or carpet on/in the wall and can not pick it up again. Thats why F5+R exist.

Perhaps you might try to give the house a chance - I did, and with several "Clockwork Illuminator, Solitary Capsule" stuck into the ceiling, it's lit and looks friendly oriental exotic, especially with colorful carpets and palmtrees in vases.

Maybe decorating it is not an obstacle but a challenge?

If you do not place the tablet on the stone, the beams go down. I have only the one beam to the outside active right now, the stone tablet on the entrance is not on its stone, so it does not create lightshow with sound at the moment. You can make decent showers of the empty portal slits.^^

The only reason I will not furnish this home permanently is that I want to wait how the other sections look, first.

And if one absolutely doesn't like the house - well... its a great storage space.^^
    PC/EU
  • mbthorry
    mbthorry
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks everyone. I managed to pick the carpets up using the retrieve function. But the cabinet has disappeared. RIP xD
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    mbthorry wrote: »
    Thanks everyone. I managed to pick the carpets up using the retrieve function. But the cabinet has disappeared. RIP xD

So, it's definitely not in the list of items in the house, under "Hearth, Cabinetry", in the Retrieve menu?

Normally, when that happens, you have accidentally placed it on the other side of a wall.

If it really has disappeared entirely (and you can't find it to Retrieve), contact customer support.
  • RANKK7
    RANKK7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tigerseye wrote: »

Placing stuff can be tricky enough, with a regular house, without having to do it in that obstacle-strewn place.

Imagine if you had just been awarded nice little keys to open those doors, instead of having to permanently live with a giant, buzzing disco ball, stone altars and portals everywhere.

Couldn't agree more. They could have kept it simple, a key would have been perfect to not disappoint anyone, instead of beams, fugly giant thing in the middle of the room and those stone altars in different color (grey-ish) from all the rest.
    It would have been less work for them, and for me too to cover with other furniture all that crap and waste slots.

@OP You did well filling a ticket immediately (for the cabinet at least), good luck with support. Disappearing furniture and items is the bug I hate and fear most, awful.

Edited by RANKK7 on June 3, 2019 9:21AM
    lll
    "I really don't know who the **** came off with this change. Definitely somebody who does not play the game, that's for sure".
    lll
  • mbthorry
    mbthorry
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks everyone. I managed to find the cabinet using the retrieve function.
  • RANKK7
    RANKK7
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's very good news, the less reporting disappearing furniture the better, hope that issue is gone for good by now.
    lll
    "I really don't know who the **** came off with this change. Definitely somebody who does not play the game, that's for sure".
    lll
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    RANKK7 wrote: »
    Tigerseye wrote: »

Couldn't agree more. They could have kept it simple, a key would have been perfect to not disappoint anyone, instead of beams, fugly giant thing in the middle of the room and those stone altars in different color (grey-ish) from all the rest.
    It would have been less work for them, and for me too to cover with other furniture all that crap and waste slots.

Yeah, I know.

It's like they weren't even really thinking "house", or "home", at all, with this one.

This hall could have been a communal area, like the museums you have to fill and so on and they could have then just given us a townhouse, or similar, to live in.

The first outside area is quite nice, but unless you are a builder, it's fairly pointless, too.

I am not, due to very limited building components (which can't be resized) and a lack of furnishing slots.

If this was the Sims and we could build buildings of any size and shape, easily, on a grid pattern and still have unlimited furnishing slots left, for furnishings, then I would be more than happy to build, but it's not.
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Good to hear. :smile: