Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

Q4 Major Event

Vuldovahkriid
Vuldovahkriid
✭✭✭
I remember during the annoucement or a Twitch Stream, Rich said the Season of the Dragon would culminate with a major event happening in Q4. I had a great idea, that could set the stage for the next few years. While we deal with Dragons, Elsweyr.....Akavir reinvades Tamriel from all sides. We essentially finish off the Akavir Aldmeri campaign this year, and then go to Hammerfell/Colovia, then Skyrim/Solstheim. Even though there is still little lands left, this would work well for an invasion of Akavir if they ever go that route. The only way the Three Banners War could end, is with a Dragon Break or a reason for us to join forces against a common foe. Regardless of how it goes, I'm excited for this year and the years to comes.
Valtyr Stormblade- Nord DK CP810

Vulsahvith- Argonian NB CP810

Illidan Highborn- High Elf Sorc CP810

Thrall Durotar- Orc WD CP810

Mythos Varedis- Wood Elf TP CP810

Ra'zaq- Khajit NB CP810

Aelya Proudmoore- Breton Sorc CP810

Broxigar Saurfang- Orc DK CP810

Lady Sylvannas Windrunner- Dark Elf NB CP810

Lord Anduin Wyrnn- Breton TP CP810
  • JTorus
    JTorus
    ✭✭✭✭
    ESO's placement in the overall timeline is about a decade too late for any major Akaviri event. Technically, what you describe is roughly what happened a few years prior to the Soulburst.

As for more dragon breaks, I would prefer not. Fractured/alternate/revisionist/time-travelling story arcs are vehicles for lazy and sloppy writing. It's stupid and over-utilized by people who don't know what they're doing. When you write yourself into a corner, ret-conning your mistake is amateur.
  • Tensar
    Tensar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Q4 dlc will be with dragons and probably Meridia.
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The major event will be resetting everyone’s account so we all have to start from scratch.
  • LennoxPoodle
    LennoxPoodle
    ✭✭✭
    I'd really like a chapter set on the eastern isles between Akavir and Tamriel. Some Akaviri tie in with the dragons might be a good way to tease it. It shouldn't be about an invasion though. Maybe the Dragon Guard reemerges, which somehow forces us to address something on the isles. Those Isles could even still be partially under Akavari control or at least heavy cultural influence (both the Tsaesci and Kamal had to go through them). The story might even be about the formation of the blades out of the guard.
  • Kambo
    Kambo
    ✭✭✭
    The only way the Three Banners War could end, is with a Dragon Break or a reason for us to join forces against a common foe.

I see it ending with none of the Alliances winning and just giving up honestly. That or Longhouse Emperors rise up again and claim the Ruby Throne, ending the war. Someone has to sit on that throne at the end.

I will say though, I doubt it will end with a Dragon Break. Mostly because, in my opinion, it's the laziest excuse I've ever seen for why something happens in lore that doesn't seem to make sense. A Dragon Break literally makes all possible timelines converge upon one another so everything that could happen does happen but also doesn't happen simultaneously, as mortals are unable to comprehend this convergence of timelines until they return to being separate again. But by the end of it, everyone on Tamriel knows that something happened, perhaps even saw it with their own eyes, but accounts vary as different people see different events occur. It's literally a concept that breaks time in a sense, and for story purposes it would be awful to end the Alliance War with such an event, as it means all three Alliances win the war but also don't.

The reason why I think the Dragon Break excuse is lazy is because it's so overdone. People who don't understand what a Dragon Break actually does, even on a basic level, use it as a way to explain something in lore that they are unable to explain normally. Back before ShoddyCast basically stopped uploading lore videos and everything they did an ESO timeline video and got into how you're allowed to play Any Race Any Alliance in the game, and couldn't see any rational way to explain it beyond using a Dragon Break. Unfortunately for them, their argument for that was based on claiming the Throne in Cyrodiil and becoming Emperor, a gameplay action, when realistically if you're a soldier for a specific faction, say you're a Nord on the side of the Dominion, the Emperor would actually be Ayrenn by the end of the war, not you. Just because you get crowned Emperor in the PvP gamemode while the Alliance war is still going on doesn't mean you'd keep the crown throughout the rest of the war, let alone remain Emperor by the end of the war. That's just not how it works. But nooooooo, according to ShoddyCast it HAD to be a Dragon Break...

I'm kind of glad they messed up with that Maxson movie of theirs and stopped uploading. They were what got me into the lore alongside Skyrim, but looking back they were incredibly biased about certain subjects and were apparently unable to rationally explain how a War works.
    Straight out of Mo- uh, oh wait. Um... Ebonheart, I guess?
    PC US
    Characters:
    Nathyrin Othrril - Dunmer Stamina Sorcerer
    Niveth Othrril - Dunmer Stamina Dragonknight
  • Zacuel
    Zacuel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish my life could have a dragonbreak.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember during the annoucement or a Twitch Stream, Rich said the Season of the Dragon would culminate with a major event happening in Q4. I had a great idea, that could set the stage for the next few years. While we deal with Dragons, Elsweyr.....Akavir reinvades Tamriel from all sides.

And you lost me.

People have been starting to get all into Akavir recently and it's just not gonna happen at least in ESO. It's too large a plot line that it'd have to have it's own game, most likely a Singleplayer installment. The Lore would have to be rewritten, again, to account for another such massive incursion, and even then Akavir is another continent with multiple Races. There is no singular "Akaviri". The first invasion was the Tsaesci, and the second were the Kamal.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Kambo
    Kambo
    ✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    I remember during the annoucement or a Twitch Stream, Rich said the Season of the Dragon would culminate with a major event happening in Q4. I had a great idea, that could set the stage for the next few years. While we deal with Dragons, Elsweyr.....Akavir reinvades Tamriel from all sides.

And you lost me.

People have been starting to get all into Akavir recently and it's just not gonna happen at least in ESO. It's too large a plot line that it'd have to have it's own game, most likely a Singleplayer installment. The Lore would have to be rewritten, again, to account for another such massive incursion, and even then Akavir is another continent with multiple Races. There is no singular "Akaviri". The first invasion was the Tsaesci, and the second were the Kamal.

Plus, how would the Navies of Tamriel allowed the Akaviri to encircle them from all sides anyway? They would be spotted and intercepted rather quickly I'd imagine.

I wouldn't mind a storyline involving Akaviri culture and history, but we just had an invasion from the Kamal so quite frankly the idea of an invasion sounds far fetched.
    Straight out of Mo- uh, oh wait. Um... Ebonheart, I guess?
    PC US
    Characters:
    Nathyrin Othrril - Dunmer Stamina Sorcerer
    Niveth Othrril - Dunmer Stamina Dragonknight
  • JTorus
    JTorus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kambo wrote: »
    The only way the Three Banners War could end, is with a Dragon Break or a reason for us to join forces against a common foe.

I see it ending with none of the Alliances winning and just giving up honestly. That or Longhouse Emperors rise up again and claim the Ruby Throne, ending the war. Someone has to sit on that throne at the end.

TIber Septim will be the next Emperor, and not for a few centuries. (Unless you want to count Emperor Zero, but it was a title awarded post-mortem) There were a handful of petty kings and warlords that attempted to claim the title, but Tiber Septim is the next real emperor of Cyrodiil, and its empire, closing the 2nd Era and beginning the 3rd.