The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Blessing of War AP Boost

ol_BANK_lo
ol_BANK_lo
✭✭✭✭✭
I don't know why this hasn't been discussed more, but this should really be addressed in two ways. It's a great little boost, but there are two problems. 1) you have to wait for a boss to spawn literally almost every time in any populated campaign. 2) it doesn't go long enough. By the time you wait for a boss, kill, and get back in the action, you have maybe 53-55 minutes...but meanwhile, you lost the tick on the keep your alliance just took. So with 53 minutes left, can you make enough AP to compensate for the tick you just lost? To make it viable, you need to be able to quickly find a boss, get back in the action, and then have your alliance take several keeps or defend something well. Bosses need to spawn much more quickly, and the duration needs to be twice as long...or something like that. It's barely worth it, and sometimes it isn't even that.
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It is just 20% right? Not really that big of deal to go without for a bit.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you just want to mess around in Cyrodiil or have to follow other people around to find fights, Blessing of War probably isnt worth it.

If you want to settle in for a long period of keep repairs or are about to start capturing keeps with your group, that extra 20% adds up when you have steady AP gains rolling in.
    Edited by VaranisArano on June 2, 2019 8:53PM
  • Merlight
    Merlight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's barely worth it, and sometimes it isn't even that.

That sounds like they got this one right.
    EU ‣ Wabbajack nostalgic ‣ Blackwater Blade defender ‣ Kyne wanderer
    The offspring of the root of all evil in ESO by DeanTheCat
    Why ESO needs a monthly subscription
    When an MMO is designed around a revenue model rather than around fun, it doesn’t have a long-term future.Richard A. Bartle
    Their idea of transparent, at least when it comes to communication, bears a striking resemblance to a block of coal.lordrichter
    ... in the balance of power between the accountants and marketing types against the artists, developers and those who generally want to build and run a good game then that balance needs to always be in favour of the latter - because the former will drag the game into the ground for every last bean they can squeeze out of it.Santie Claws
  • ol_BANK_lo
    ol_BANK_lo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is just 20% right? Not really that big of deal to go without for a bit.

I agree...and I think you lose more than you gain in that timeframe in many cases.
  • ol_BANK_lo
    ol_BANK_lo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you just want to mess around in Cyrodiil or have to follow other people around to find fights, Blessing of War probably isnt worth it.

If you want to settle in for a long period of keep repairs or are about to start capturing keeps with your group, that extra 20% adds up when you have steady AP gains rolling in.

Yeah. But what I found is you need to know that you will be able to consistently do that. Such as a slow campaign where you know you can take a bunch of stuff steadily for 50+ minutes. Busy campaigns like Vivec don't seem to be worth it. You lose too much while waiting for the boss; you may end up in a long battle to defend or or take over a keep, but lose; or another alliance makes a big Emp push and your alliance gets pushed back. All this mean much less AP.
  • ol_BANK_lo
    ol_BANK_lo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Merlight wrote: »
    It's barely worth it, and sometimes it isn't even that.

That sounds like they got this one right.

Perhaps that's what they wanted. Maybe you're right. I just feel if you put in the buff, it should have a real effect. Even just making it last longer would be nice. Wouldn't ask for a higher boost. It's just very limited in it's effectiveness under many circumstances.
  • oXI_Viper_IXo
    oXI_Viper_IXo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sometimes you gotta take a break from PvP for a quick bowl and a buff. If you're in a good group that is constantly rolling in the AP, it's definitely worth it.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know why this hasn't been discussed more, but this should really be addressed in two ways. It's a great little boost, but there are two problems. 1) you have to wait for a boss to spawn literally almost every time in any populated campaign. 2) it doesn't go long enough. By the time you wait for a boss, kill, and get back in the action, you have maybe 53-55 minutes...but meanwhile, you lost the tick on the keep your alliance just took. So with 53 minutes left, can you make enough AP to compensate for the tick you just lost? To make it viable, you need to be able to quickly find a boss, get back in the action, and then have your alliance take several keeps or defend something well. Bosses need to spawn much more quickly, and the duration needs to be twice as long...or something like that. It's barely worth it, and sometimes it isn't even that.

Disagree. The decision making around it is intended to be risk/reward.

Used right its important, choose badly its not.

Oddly I've noticed on quiet campaigns bosses not in delves. 100% not been killed just no bosses that's annoying
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • ol_BANK_lo
    ol_BANK_lo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »

Oddly I've noticed on quiet campaigns bosses not in delves. 100% not been killed just no bosses that's annoying

Someone told me ZOS changed it so there is a spawn timer from the time you enter the delve...so that's added time no matter when you go in.
  • ol_BANK_lo
    ol_BANK_lo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sometimes you gotta take a break from PvP for a quick bowl and a buff. If you're in a good group that is constantly rolling in the AP, it's definitely worth it.

Yeah, quieter campaigns with solid small group who can take the map easily is best case. Solo very tough.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »

Someone told me ZOS changed it so there is a spawn timer from the time you enter the delve...so that's added time no matter when you go in.

supposedly the delve bosses in cyro now act like the delve bosses in the rest of tamriel...

I remember one time getting stubborn and waiting about 20 minutes for a boss to respawn...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    it doesn't go long enough. By the time you wait for a boss, kill, and get back in the action, you have maybe 53-55 minutes...but meanwhile, you lost the tick on the keep your alliance just took. So with 53 minutes left, can you make enough AP to compensate for the tick you just lost?

It's a 20% buff. Is 5-7 minutes 20% of an hour?

It's almost always worth getting the buff. Any tick that is worth 20% of your hours AP will still be rolling if you grab it and get back to the action.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub