Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

The mages guild, veteran rank? - A few questions!

odinswill
odinswill
Hi people,

I have now reached lvl 47 (pretty glad) But I here theres the veteran rank stuff.
Can someone explain how this works xp Wise? You get ported to new maps? New quests?

Mages guild - I want rank 10, I wanna cast that meteor! Now as I am 47 and have really searched long and hard through the maps I levelled, I am short by 4 ranks.
How and where can I find more books (or quests) to reach this rank 10???
I heard you must be a veteran to unlock all areas and reach the rest of books...Is this true?

Thanks for your answers.
  • odinswill
    odinswill
    I would also Like to ask : How does armor work? Each veteran rank has its own set of armor? Is it wort paying a fortune of crafting a set of lvl 50 when your just going to out level your equipement?
  • dnotecmb16_ESO
    Think of Veteran Ranks like 51-60, except you don't get any more attribute points for magika/health/stamina.

Veteran Ranks use Veteran Points, once you hit VR1 you stop earning Experience and VP instead. You do a quest to open up one of the other factions' zones then do all the content in it, that takes you to VR5, then you do the other one. Should take about 10 days played time to do VR1 to VR10, if you read the quest text.

There are enough lorebooks in one faction to get you to Mages Guild rank 8 and something, I would assume rank 10 will come on your journey to VR10, but when exactly I don't know, as I've not achieved it yet.

Don't bother with level 50 armor, just use drops/quest rewards, VR items are much better than pre-50 items.