The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Noisy Furniture

ImmortalElf13
ImmortalElf13
✭✭✭
Is there a way to mute my furniture? That big singing plaque from Elswyr is great but the singing never stops. Also the Wraith of Crows training dummy looks amazing in my unholy alter room but the squawking can be heard all over the house. Please tell me theres a way to tell my furniture to shut up?
Pulchra floralibus mitram iuro, tibi desinet.
  • ZAD1ST
    ZAD1ST
    ✭✭✭
    Unless it’s the music boxes then unfortunately not I’m afraid. At least on console. Not sure if there’s an add on for PC
  • reoskit
    reoskit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oooh, how about this badboy?

Target-Mournful-Aegis.jpg?w=973&ssl=1

We call him "Wom Wom"; he sounds like a little kid making "whooooom whoooooom" noises into a fan. Occasionally, he scares the pewp out of me.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reducing the level of Effects should quiet them down. Probably not what you want though.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    reoskit wrote: »

We call him "Wom Wom"; he sounds like a little kid making "whooooom whoooooom" noises into a fan. Occasionally, he scares the pewp out of me.

I had to put this guy in a house I never visit.....

• wishlist14
    wishlist14
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just turn my game volume down when sounds bother me. I guess I have things that make sound set apart from each other. I just got my mural from Elsweyr today and i haven't placed in my house yet. I'm not sure how I'm going to feel about it now that I know I can't turn it off. See with the music box i turn it on and off. The dummy with all the swords and arms I have that outside in my palace which is huge so the sound isn't too intense. I was hoping to have the mural inside but i'll have to see now....maybe ill put it upstairs so i only hear it when i go up there which isnt too often..that might work.
  • mayasunrising
    mayasunrising
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, Essential Housing Tools FX has some sound FX you can drop into areas. I believe these are pretty quiet - like you can barely hear them - and they have the added effect of muting whatever else is in the area. I'd need to re-test this to confirm, but I'm pretty certain of it.
    "And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom." Anaïs Nin

“There’s a difference between wanting to be looked at and wanting to be seen." Amanda Palmer

“A game is an opportunity to focus our energy, with relentless optimism, at something we’re good at (or getting better at) and enjoy. In other words, gameplay is the direct emotional opposite of depression.” Jane McGonigal

“They'll tell you you're too loud, that you need to wait your turn and ask the right people for permission. Do it anyway." Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
  • Andre_Noir
    Andre_Noir
    ✭✭✭✭

Yeah, this guy looks just awesome. But the sound makes him completely disgusting.
  • mayasunrising
    mayasunrising
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, Essential Housing Tools FX has some sound FX you can drop into areas. I believe these are pretty quiet - like you can barely hear them - and they have the added effect of muting whatever else is in the area. I'd need to re-test this to confirm, but I'm pretty certain of it.

@ImmortalElf13

I confirmed this morning. Dropping in an EHT sound effect does in fact mute all noises in its area of effect (like totally muted including character noises. It does mean you'd be hearing the Hymn of the Stars in that area (Or suspense if you drop in that sound effect) but I would think that that's preferable to the constant grinding of the moongate. :wink:

@R_K , is there a way you can add a sound effect to EHT that is just a ball of silence so we can specifically use it to mute in-game sound fx in our homes?
    Edited by mayasunrising on May 30, 2019 2:19PM
    "And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom." Anaïs Nin

“There’s a difference between wanting to be looked at and wanting to be seen." Amanda Palmer

“A game is an opportunity to focus our energy, with relentless optimism, at something we’re good at (or getting better at) and enjoy. In other words, gameplay is the direct emotional opposite of depression.” Jane McGonigal

“They'll tell you you're too loud, that you need to wait your turn and ask the right people for permission. Do it anyway." Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
  • Imperial_Voice
    Imperial_Voice
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@ImmortalElf13

I confirmed this morning. Dropping in an EHT sound effect does in fact mute all noises in its area of effect (like totally muted including character noises. It does mean you'd be hearing the Hymn of the Stars in that area (Or suspense if you drop in that sound effect) but I would think that that's preferable to the constant grinding of the moongate. :wink:

@R_K , is there a way you can add a sound effect to EHT that is just a ball of silence so we can specifically use it to mute in-game sound fx in our homes?

I like this idea. Personally I love the effect in EHT that makes all the grass bits vanish. Makes structure building in certain areas so much better
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sure... I’m glad you all brought this up.

I can create something like a Sphere of Silence...?

It could dampen - or even mute entirely - a whole class of sound: UI, Sound Effects, Music, etc. as you approach it.

Oh, and like all of my FX, it’d be resizable of course.

Sound good?
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    R_K wrote: »

It could dampen - or even mute entirely - a whole class of sound: UI, Sound Effects, Music, etc. as you approach it.

Sound good?

@R_K

Yes please. I have the new Dwemer house and it would be nice to mute the environmental sounds in that place (the ones that are supposed to sound like machinery).

But, even if you can just shut that Target Dummy up, that would be awesome.

• StabbityDoom
    StabbityDoom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Andre_Noir wrote: »

Yeah, this guy looks just awesome. But the sound makes him completely disgusting.

This guy lives in a tiny unfurnished apartment along with more of his ilk.
    PC/NA
    EHT zealot
    streamer: http://twitch.tv/stabbitydoom
  • StabbityDoom
    StabbityDoom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I saw the update and thought, "I wonder who asked for that?" --- now i know. You're a good man, Cardi Brown.
    PC/NA
    EHT zealot
    streamer: http://twitch.tv/stabbitydoom
  • ImmortalElf13
    ImmortalElf13
    ✭✭✭
    @R_K I am eternally grateful
    Pulchra floralibus mitram iuro, tibi desinet.
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @StabbityDoom ;-) <3

@ImmortalElf13 You are so very welcome <3
  • RANKK7
    RANKK7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    R_K wrote: »

Sound good?

You are simply awesome, can't believe that Elsweyr wall will finally shut up. THANKS
    lll
    "I really don't know who the **** came off with this change. Definitely somebody who does not play the game, that's for sure".
    lll