Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Mount Training Pamphlets

Matthew_Galvanus
Matthew_Galvanus
✭✭✭✭✭
In an effort to ease the grind of maxing out Riding Speed, Mount Inventory, and Stamina, I think it'd be a decent idea if you implemented "pamphlets" which function exactly like the research scrolls we buy from Rolis Hlaalu, they allow you to put one point into any of the three, then goes on a 20h cooldown, this way we could get at least two points a day (if we use both the pamphlet and visit a stable), it would still require a month of doing this, but it'd be better than doing this for half a year on one character.

• El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They do. Except you buy them from the crown store with real money. Enjoy!
  • Matthew_Galvanus
    Matthew_Galvanus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They do. Except you buy them from the crown store with real money. Enjoy!

i mean, that isn't a logical counter argument because they also sell research scrolls in the crown shop, but they also offer you a way to earn scrolls in game to make it easier to research traits
  • Khumbu
    Khumbu
    ✭✭✭
    Buying 1 at a time is insanity. They need to add 5 or even 10 speed packs.
  • barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Just do what other games do and let the mount level up speed as it is ridden. X distance = +1 speed

• Matthew_Galvanus
    Matthew_Galvanus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khumbu wrote: »

arent they in bundles of 10 in the shop?
  • Matthew_Galvanus
    Matthew_Galvanus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    barney2525 wrote: »
    Just do what other games do and let the mount level up speed as it is ridden. X distance = +1 speed

i doubt this will ever happen, im just trying to offer something that most people could get behind
  • Arunei
    Arunei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Making the Mount training books available for writ vouchers would certainly give us something else to spend the vouchers on if we already have everything we need/want for the current cycle.
    Character List [RP and PvE]:
    Stands-Against-Death: Argonian Magplar Healer - Crafter
    Krisiel: Redguard Stamsorc DPS - Literally crazy Werewolf, no like legit insane. She nuts
    Kiju Veran: Khajiit Stamblade DPS - Ex-Fighters Guild Suthay who likes to punch things, nicknamed Tinykat
    Niralae Elsinal: Altmer Stamsorc DPS - Young Altmer with way too much Magicka
    Sarah Lacroix: Breton Magsorc DPS - Fledgling Vampire who drinks too much water
    Slondor: Nord Tankblade - TESified verson of Slenderman
    Marius Vastino: Imperial <insert role here> - Sarah's apathetic sire who likes to monologue
    Delthor Rellenar: Dunmer Magknight DPS - Sarah's ex who's a certified psychopath
    Lirawyn Calatare: Altmer Magplar Healer - Traveling performer and bard who's 101% vanilla bean
    Gondryn Beldeau: Breton Tankplar - Sarah's Mages Guild mentor and certified badass old person
    Gwendolyn Jenelle: Breton Magplar Healer - Friendly healer with a coffee addiction
    Soliril Larethian- Altmer Magblade DPS - Blind alchemist who uses animals to see and brews plagues in his spare time
    Tevril Rallenar: Dunmer Stamcro DPS - Delthor's "special" younger brother who raises small animals as friends
    Celeroth Calatare: Bosmer <insert role here> - Shapeshifting Bosmer with enough sass to fill Valenwood

PC - NA - EP - CP1000+
    Avid RPer. Hit me up in-game @Ras_Lei if you're interested in getting together for some arr-pee shenanigans!
  • FierceSam
    FierceSam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mount training is one of most god awful grinds in this game.

It serves no useful purpose other than to utterly alienate and annoy newer players many of whom don’t even know you can upgrade their mount speed. Although at least they now get a free mount at L10. They are basically spat at on a daily basis for six freaking months (per character). It’s like replacing the ZOS marketing message with a big sign that says F*** YOU NEWCOMER.

Just get rid of this and give everyone full mount speed from day 1. By all means keep up the torment by forcing them to carry on buying stamina and bag space in minuscule quantities over 4 months, but ffs at least let them ride with a bit of speed from the start.

I can’t believe the money ZOS makes from flogging horse riding scrolls comes close to compensating them for the level of hate they get from this crappy system.
  • FangOfTheTwoMoons
    FangOfTheTwoMoons
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A way to get them in game would be great. It's a little ridiculous to make it such a grind. It's basically twisting your arm into buying crowns and it's a potential turn off to newer players.
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This has been asked for since day 1 and I agree that 6 months to level a freaking horse is rediculous.

It will never happen because if you want faster mount training, Zo$ wants you to pay real money for that.

Another option is to farm gold and buy the packs from someone else by trading crown store items for gold.

Either way Zo$ gets $$$
    Beta tester November 2013
  • Matthew_Galvanus
    Matthew_Galvanus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Katahdin wrote: »
    This has been asked for since day 1 and I agree that 6 months to level a freaking horse is rediculous.

It will never happen because if you want faster mount training, Zo$ wants you to pay real money for that.

Another option is to farm gold and buy the packs from someone else by trading crown store items for gold.

Either way Zo$ gets $$$

6 months per stat, 18 if you want to max all 3 stats
  • heaven13
    heaven13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Either way Zo$ gets $$$

Incorrect. 60 levels in one skill = 60 days = 2 months. 3 different skills at 2 months each = 6 months.
    Edited by heaven13 on June 1, 2019 12:30PM
    PC/NA
    Mountain God | Leave No Bone Unbroken | Apex Predator | Pure Lunacy | Depths Defier | No Rest for the Wicked | In Defiance of Death
    Defanged the Devourer | Nature's Wrath | Relentless Raider | True Genius | Bane of Thorns | Subterranean Smasher | Ardent Bibliophile

vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vDSA | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+2 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA | vRG
    Meet my characters :
    IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL THE SAME NOW, THANKS ZOS
  • barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Khumbu wrote: »

arent they in bundles of 10 in the shop?

Yes

You can also "buy" them with gems at 5 gems for +1, as many as you want (and have gems for)

Edited by barney2525 on June 1, 2019 1:41PM
  • barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    heaven13 wrote: »

Either way Zo$ gets $$$

Incorrect. 60 levels in one skill = 60 days = 2 months. 3 different skills at 2 months each = 6 months.

Depends on how often you log in. It Might take 6 months :)

:D
  • Androconium
    Androconium
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blimey
  • barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Actually, If you were diligent, it takes 20 hours for the stable to allow the purchase of the next point of speed. So if you time it for 20 hours instead of a day (24 hours), - Every 6 days you would get 7 points - 48 days you are at 56 points, etc

IF you want to do it as fast as possible of course.

• Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Either way Zo$ gets $$$

No it's 2 months per stat.
    60 per = 60 days = about 2 months
    X3 = 6 months
    Beta tester November 2013
  • Matthew_Galvanus
    Matthew_Galvanus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Either way Zo$ gets $$$

No it's 2 months per stat.
    60 per = 60 days = about 2 months
    X3 = 6 months

fixed it
  • Matthew_Galvanus
    Matthew_Galvanus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Either way Zo$ gets $$$

i mean, they gave us 1 day research scrolls while still selling them in the crowns store.
  • D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Even worse with all character slots used counting the log in/log out time.

The appeal to do that is non existant for me.
    Edited by D0PAMINE on June 2, 2019 12:31AM
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't get the hate for it. I log into every one of my 28 (or maybe 29?) toons every day. It takes about a minute to buy mount training before I go do crafting writs. It's not a big deal. Like.... about half an hour over both accounts, around crafting writs I'd be doing anyway.

After writs are done on everyone (so by 9 am MDT), I figure out who to level, and spend the rest of the day (logging at around 4 pm) playing this or that toon.
  • Matthew_Galvanus
    Matthew_Galvanus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sylvermynx wrote: »
    I don't get the hate for it. I log into every one of my 28 (or maybe 29?) toons every day. It takes about a minute to buy mount training before I go do crafting writs. It's not a big deal. Like.... about half an hour over both accounts, around crafting writs I'd be doing anyway.

After writs are done on everyone (so by 9 am MDT), I figure out who to level, and spend the rest of the day (logging at around 4 pm) playing this or that toon.

its because mounts are idiotically slow to start and it takes forever to finish.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm. Well, that's a viable opinion I suppose for someone who's wanting to race around the world. I'm not that person. In fact, on my old connection, there was no point riding, dismounting, gathering, remounting - because about the second time I did that, I'd get logged out to login screen, and have to spend 10 minutes trying to get logged in again.

It's better now. But I remain a laid back not rushing sort of person. I like to stop and smell the roses....
  • Shaie
    Shaie
    ✭✭✭
    I stop and sme---pick ALL the roses on the three characters who have max riding skills so being "a rushing sort of person" doesn't really apply here.

I have ONE character in Elsweyr, a youngster I created especially for the new content. She's Khajit, since that's her "homeland" (although not a single NPC apparently realizes she's Khajit, which is odd & contradictory to other areas in the game where they recognize your race) but because riding skills have to be leveled on EVERY character she misses out on World Bosses & Dragons - she just can't get there fast enough. Sure, I can bring my higher level characters out to kill the dragons but then they don't get gear upgrades for HER (although I guess I could sell what they do get).

After all this time, the daily mount leveling up grind should be dead & beaten into the ground. If we have max riding skill(s) on one character, then they should be unlocked for all characters.

Failing that, then they should ABSOLUTELY make them available on the writ vendors. After all, the storage chests are & I find it hard to believe that there's not a significant demand out there for those.