Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Guild was Accidentally Deleted and Support is Doing Nothing.

• baratron
    baratron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WolfStar07 wrote: »
    Except ZOS effed up here too since it shouldn't have kicked his main account from the guild as well. I would guess they changed stuff on the back end and now, even if you are the highest ranking member when the GM leaves, your main account can't be GM of 2 guilds at once. That's the only reason I can think of why his main account would have been auto kicked after accidentally leaving while on his alt.

This hasn't been the case up until now. There are several GMs who run 2 or even 3 guilds from their main accounts by utilising a "trick" / bug? in the code. I'm not going to name names but certainly up until Elsweyr it has been possible to become GM of more than one guild by simply having two members, and the GM leaves.

It's very possible that this trick or bug has been patched, but I haven't seen anything mentioned about it in Patch Notes.

Also, there is supposed to be a confirmation screen when the GM leaves a guild.
    Guildmaster of the UESP Guild on the North American PC/Mac Server 1900+ CP & also found on the European PC/Mac Server 1200+ CP

These characters are on both servers:
    Alix de Feu - Breton Templar Healer level 50
    Brings-His-Own-Forest - Argonian Warden Healer level 50
    Hrodulf Bearpaw - Nord Warden Bear Friend & identical twin of Bjornolfr level 50

NA-only characters:
    Martin Draconis - Imperial Sorceror Healer (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Arzhela Petit - Breton Dragonknight Healer (Daggerfall Covenant) level 50
    Bjornolfr Steel-Shaper - Nord Dragonknight Crafter & Not-Much-Damage Dealer (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
    Verandis Bloodraven - Altmer Nightblade Healer & clone of Count Verandis Ravenwatch (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Gethin Oakrun - Bosmer Nightblade Thief & terrible Tank (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You might try putting the ticket number in your OP, to see if that jars something loose?
  • Blacknight841
    Blacknight841
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JarlUlfric wrote: »
    A guild that I had helped grow and flourish for over 4 years was gone, so I filed a ticket
    ~Ulf

I am a little confused as to how the guild was flourishing if you kicked all the players except your main tag and your alt. However on a different note, if the guild was truly disbanded, then you remake it. If the guild name is already in use, then it is not disbanded ... or someone beat you to remaking the guild.
    Edited by Blacknight841 on June 1, 2019 1:16AM
  • Girl_Number8
    Girl_Number8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hello everyone! I hope you all have had better interactions with Support than I have in the last couple of days.

So let me enlighten you all on this situation that I've gotten into. I am (well was) the Guildmaster of Order of the Bear, and I have been on and off for about 4-ish years now. Some of you may remember Order of the Bear as a somewhat hardcore-ish PVE guild. Some of the things Bear accomplished were being within the top 10 clears of vMOL, vMOL HM, vHOF, and vHOF HM back when they released, so they were no slouches way back when. A little bit after Clockwork City / Dragon Bones released the guild kinda fell apart due to a lot of the main members moving on to better guilds and others quitting the game, so we took a bit of a hiatus.

In late 2018 there was an attempt to revamp the guild but it didn't go so well so it again went into another hiatus. Until about a couple weeks ago a good amount of the former players and I decided that we should give it a shot and revamp ourselves as a different type of guild, a guild where we just wanted to have casual clears and achievement hunting. So I put in the ticket to rename the guild and it was accepted so we were good to go.

Except after the name change happened, when I was clearing the guild out of all the inactives so that we could start fresh, I accidentally left the guild on my alt account who was GM (I am also the GM of Eastmarch Trade Company in Wayrest). IT Disbanded the guild! I was distraught. A guild that I had helped grow and flourish for over 4 years was gone, so I filed a ticket, Support has done things like this in the past, so why not now?

Well, all I got was a hand wave telling me that "We are unable to add players back to guilds that were previously left. We understand that this may not be the answer that you'd like to hear and we apologize for that." After telling support that they completely ignored the actual issue at hand seeing that the guild doesn't actually exist or have members in it and that's not the question that I asked, guess what I got?

I got silence.

I have had no responses, nothing. I even had a friend talk to ZOS staff and I still haven't gotten a response. It's really disappointing to see a AAA game like ESO have support so unwilling to help members out. I have put metaphorical blood, sweat, and tears into my communities and I get silence from support. I can't help but think that they're just running the clock out on me before what I want can't actually be done.

All I want is my guild and my community back in my hands, and support isn't willing to do that. This has really tarnished what I thought of ESO honestly, all I want to do is rebuild my community and they're giving me the silent treatment.

Thanks for reading

~Ulf

I had an issue with one of my guilds, it took three months for support to fix it. But that was a glitch not an accident.

Zos should implement a toggle lock for guild controls like with your gear.

I mean, you can keep dealing with multiple tickets to keep the issue alive with customer service to hopefully resolve it. Or just remake it with your alt if you don't want to go through the aggravation.

Good luck OP :)

Edited by Girl_Number8 on June 1, 2019 1:32AM
  • JarlUlfric
    JarlUlfric
    ✭✭✭✭
    A guild that I had helped grow and flourish for over 4 years was gone, so I filed a ticket
    ~Ulf

I am a little confused as to how the guild was flourishing if you kicked all the players except your main tag and your alt. However on a different note, if the guild was truly disbanded, then you remake it. If the guild name is already in use, then it is not disbanded ... or someone beat you to remaking the guild.

Guild flourished and was extremely successful for a pve guild for about 3 years, then went into a small hiatus, then got active again, went into another hiatus, and now we're starting it back up again. AT the time of us renaming the guild there were 26 in the guild with about a majority of them were inactive so I booted them. I booted all the inactive accounts from the past all the way down to just my main and my alt account. The point of doing that was to get a fresh roster from the 20 or so people that I was going to invite, since there was a lot of clutter from offline accounts.
    True High King
    Member since August 2013.
    Eastmarch Trade Company | Washed Up Raiders | Order of the Bear (RIP 4.17.2015 - 5.31.2019)
    EP | Björn Járnsída | Dragonknight Tank
    EP | First-Rank Ansei | Stamina Nightblade
    EP | Advancing Yokeda | Stamina Sorceror
    EP | Immortal Yokeda | Stamina Necromancer
    EP | Resilient Yokeda | Stamina Dragonknight
    EP | Talvos Sari | Magicka Sorcerer
  • JarlUlfric
    JarlUlfric
    ✭✭✭✭
    ~Ulf

Also I highly doubt in the 2 minutes from it disbanding to trying to remaking it that it was taken. ESO is active but not THAT active.
    True High King
    Member since August 2013.
    Eastmarch Trade Company | Washed Up Raiders | Order of the Bear (RIP 4.17.2015 - 5.31.2019)
    EP | Björn Járnsída | Dragonknight Tank
    EP | First-Rank Ansei | Stamina Nightblade
    EP | Advancing Yokeda | Stamina Sorceror
    EP | Immortal Yokeda | Stamina Necromancer
    EP | Resilient Yokeda | Stamina Dragonknight
    EP | Talvos Sari | Magicka Sorcerer
  • Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The UI needs to be changed to make it harder to leave a guild.

At the moment it's like two buttons - x and e?

Especially if you're a guild leader and leaving a guild would disband it or transfer leadership, leaving should require that you type CONFIRM into a popup box, like you have to when deleting characters.
  • SteveCampsOut
    SteveCampsOut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OH and here's the kicker. When I try to remake a guild with the name that we changed it to, I get "guild name is already in use." So I can't do that either.

When a GM leaves a guild, the game used to default the GM position to the next person in line. Are you certain there were no other members still in guild? I was under the impression that when a guild disbanded the name was also released back into the wild.
    @ֆȶɛʋɛƈǟʍքֆօʊȶ ʀʋʟɨʄɛ⍟
    Sanguine & Psijic Group Beta Tester.
    Steve's Craftiness Find out what I can make for you at my Google Doc Spreadsheet.
    Pacrooti's Hirelings Website:
    pacrootis.enjin.com/

NA Server:
    Steforax Soulstrong CH782 Sorcerer AD
    Grumpy Kahjiti CH782 Dragonknight AD
    Rheticia Le Drakisius CH782 Nightblade DC
    Razmuzan Thrasmas CH782 Templar EP
    Sheenara Soulstrong CH782 Dragonknight DC
    Erik Ramzey CH782 Nightblade AD
    Growling Kahjiti CH782 Nightblade EP
    One of Many Faces CH782 Sorcerer DC
    Grumpasaurus Rex CH782 Warden DC
    EU Server:
    Guildmaster of Pacrooti's Hirelings AD Based LGBT Friendly Guild.
    Stefrex Souliss CH701 Sorcerer AD
    Grumpy Kahjiti CH701 Dragonknight DC
    Slithisi Ksissi CH701 Nightblade EP
    Pokes-With-Fire CH701 Dragonknight AD
    Josie-The-Pussi-Cat CH701 Templar AD
    Stug-Grog M'God CH701 Templar DC
    One With Many Faces CH701 Nightblade DC
    Trixie Truskan CH701 Sorcerer EP
    Grumpetasaurus Rex CH701 Warden EP
    ESO Plus status: Canceled!
  • StrandedMonkey
    StrandedMonkey
    ✭✭✭✭
    Support hasn't been helping anyone in the past couple of days it seems. I hope everyone is okay over there.
  • SteveCampsOut
    SteveCampsOut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jhalin wrote: »
    Support doesn’t have the power to restore an entire bank like that.

You also confirmed the disbandment of the guild, because it does require the guild be empty before it lets you disband. I did it for a very old guild a while back, and it wouldn’t let me do a thing while there were still members in it.

He didn't "Disband" the guild. He accidentally left it and the remaining account was already GM of another guild and couldn't be autopromoted to guild leader by the game so the game disbanded the guild.
    @ֆȶɛʋɛƈǟʍքֆօʊȶ ʀʋʟɨʄɛ⍟
    Sanguine & Psijic Group Beta Tester.
    Steve's Craftiness Find out what I can make for you at my Google Doc Spreadsheet.
    Pacrooti's Hirelings Website:
    pacrootis.enjin.com/

NA Server:
    Steforax Soulstrong CH782 Sorcerer AD
    Grumpy Kahjiti CH782 Dragonknight AD
    Rheticia Le Drakisius CH782 Nightblade DC
    Razmuzan Thrasmas CH782 Templar EP
    Sheenara Soulstrong CH782 Dragonknight DC
    Erik Ramzey CH782 Nightblade AD
    Growling Kahjiti CH782 Nightblade EP
    One of Many Faces CH782 Sorcerer DC
    Grumpasaurus Rex CH782 Warden DC
    EU Server:
    Guildmaster of Pacrooti's Hirelings AD Based LGBT Friendly Guild.
    Stefrex Souliss CH701 Sorcerer AD
    Grumpy Kahjiti CH701 Dragonknight DC
    Slithisi Ksissi CH701 Nightblade EP
    Pokes-With-Fire CH701 Dragonknight AD
    Josie-The-Pussi-Cat CH701 Templar AD
    Stug-Grog M'God CH701 Templar DC
    One With Many Faces CH701 Nightblade DC
    Trixie Truskan CH701 Sorcerer EP
    Grumpetasaurus Rex CH701 Warden EP
    ESO Plus status: Canceled!