The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Your homes' item counts, now at a glance...

R_K
R_K
✭✭✭✭✭
...all from the Housing Hub (ALT+H by default) that's part of Essential Housing Tools

howx9gb8yldl.png

Note that this feature, as well as the Furniture tab of the Housing Hub which allows you to search through all of your
furnishings from one convenient place, requires the installation of the DecoTrack Addon

Don't just build something ...
  • ixie
    ixie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yet more awesomeness, thank you
    PC EU

Ixie - Breton Nightblade
    Paints-With-Frogs - Argonian Nightblade
    Swee Troll - Crafter Dragonknight
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Would ZOS consider hiring this person?
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• abigfishy
    abigfishy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I installed Essential Housing Tools, all the libraries, I installed the DecoTrack addon, I reloaded UI, I quit and restarted the game, I left homes, went back in and out again but nothing I do shows the item counts as you have left of the pictures.
    Level 50 Characters
    USA
    Odette Skullcrusher Nord DK EP Tank
    Hannah Smithee Breton Templar DC Healer
    Charlotte of the Wild Bosmer NB EP DPS
    Rabbath Amman Dark Elf Sorc EP DPS
    Lovely Twinkle High Elf Sorc AD Tank
    Nepith Dark Elf Warden EP Healer
    Tupac Shakoor Redguard Sorc DC Tank
    Faire the Last Snow Elf Altmer Warden EP Ice Staff Tank
    EU
    Soul-Shriven Breton Sorc DC DPS
    Makush gro-Shurgal Orc DK DC Tank
    Cleopatra Tharn Imperial Sorc EP Healer
    Daenerys Targaryin Nord Templar DC Healer
    Zar Saarshar Khajiit NB DC Thief
    Celrith High Elf Sorc EP Assassin
    Falcar Dark Elf NB DC Necromancer
    Myriam Blaylock Breton NB EP Vampire
    Nivrillin Wood Elf NB DC Werewolf
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    abigfishy wrote: »
    I installed Essential Housing Tools, all the libraries, I installed the DecoTrack addon, I reloaded UI, I quit and restarted the game, I left homes, went back in and out again but nothing I do shows the item counts as you have left of the pictures.

@abigfishy Hi there! So it sounds like one of the following could be the case:

- The version of EHT or DecoTrack is out-of-date (the latest public release of EHT is 13.1.1). You can verify the version of EHT that you have installed quickly by typing /ehtver

- You may be looking at a tab that does not show item counts. Item counts are displayed on the Recent and My Homes tabs

- Make sure that you are looking for the item counts next to your homes -- totals are not displayed (or tracked) for other players' homes

If none of these issues pertains to your situation, please post a screen shot of your Housing Hub as well as a screen shot of your Essential Housing Tools version - I may be able to tell from seeing those details if there is some other issue. <3
  • abigfishy
    abigfishy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You are amazing. /ehtver showed me that I had 12.9.1. I updated to the new version and now it works perfectly. Thanks so much! Both you and your addon are quality, thanks so much!
    Level 50 Characters
    USA
    Odette Skullcrusher Nord DK EP Tank
    Hannah Smithee Breton Templar DC Healer
    Charlotte of the Wild Bosmer NB EP DPS
    Rabbath Amman Dark Elf Sorc EP DPS
    Lovely Twinkle High Elf Sorc AD Tank
    Nepith Dark Elf Warden EP Healer
    Tupac Shakoor Redguard Sorc DC Tank
    Faire the Last Snow Elf Altmer Warden EP Ice Staff Tank
    EU
    Soul-Shriven Breton Sorc DC DPS
    Makush gro-Shurgal Orc DK DC Tank
    Cleopatra Tharn Imperial Sorc EP Healer
    Daenerys Targaryin Nord Templar DC Healer
    Zar Saarshar Khajiit NB DC Thief
    Celrith High Elf Sorc EP Assassin
    Falcar Dark Elf NB DC Necromancer
    Myriam Blaylock Breton NB EP Vampire
    Nivrillin Wood Elf NB DC Werewolf
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @abigfishy <3 You are so very welcome.
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    R_K, can I just ask you about something EHT related?

I placed the Hew's Bane painting in my inn room and it looked very nice when viewed straight on

Only problem was the top lefthand side of the painting kept "peeling" off and on the wall from left to right, quite rapidly, if you viewed it at an angle.

Or perhaps the best way to describe it is as the top lefthand corner refreshing itself constantly?

The rest of the painting was fine when viewed from any angle.

I took great care to place it extremely carefully and evenly, so I don't think it could be due to it not being placed parallel to the wall.

From the front:

obcebtnkh09c.png

From the side:

p8lspzpsdrai.png

Another view of the side, showing the refreshing process:

o69opp0m8aqy.png

• R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Tigerseye A great question. So when you see any portion of EHT's FX flickering like that, it is the same phenomenon as when you overlap two furnishings. The flickering is known as "Z Fighting" because the two separate polygons are literally fighting to be shown to the camera -- something that happens when the two items are equidistant from the camera (the depth or Z-index).

My suggestion would be to move the painting an additional 1 or 2 cm (the positioning tools in EHT almost all use centimeters, so that'd be 1 or 2 units) in front of the wall or any other surface it may be "Z Fighting" with. This should prevent the conflict and eliminate the flickering. <3
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    R_K wrote: »
    @Tigerseye A great question. So when you see any portion of EHT's FX flickering like that, it is the same phenomenon as when you overlap two furnishings. The flickering is known as "Z Fighting" because the two separate polygons are literally fighting to be shown to the camera -- something that happens when the two items are equidistant from the camera (the depth or Z-index).

My suggestion would be to move the painting an additional 1 or 2 cm (the positioning tools in EHT almost all use centimeters, so that'd be 1 or 2 units) in front of the wall or any other surface it may be "Z Fighting" with. This should prevent the conflict and eliminate the flickering. <3

Thank you for your reply. :smile:

I did try moving it backwards and forwards, but it didn't seem to help and as it was only happening to the top left portion (as opposed to the entire top half, or the entire left quarter), it seemed unlikely that it was due to the positioning.

But, I will try replacing it from scratch and see if it's OK, then.
    Edited by Tigerseye on June 2, 2019 8:05PM
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So, I removed it and replaced it and the same thing happened again, to exactly the same portion of the mural (only).

If anything, the top half of the mural is further from the wall than the bottom half is, so this should not be happening.

I think it must be a bug?
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Tigerseye Hmm... I don't think it is only because I haven't seen that happen when an effect is by itself. I'm not sure if something else is interfering with it -- perhaps that Alpina plant? But here's what you can do to confirm: Place the effect somewhere away from everything else -- from all FX, from all furniture, from all walls/floors/ceilings. If you still see the flickering after doing that, then I'd say it's a bug. Otherwise, it's still likely Z-Fighting at work. ;-) [But please do let me know if you still see it after doing so <3]
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    OK, I'll do that - thank you again. :smile:
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Solved the mystery - it was a fireflies swarm that was causing the issue.

Deleted it and the mural is now fine.

Shame really, as they looked nice there.
    Edited by Tigerseye on June 6, 2019 4:16AM