Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How can I buy Saint Delyn Penthouse without the quest?

Feverblade
I'd like to get the house in Vivec City.
I have already done the quest Room to Spare (grants you a free room at your faction territory) for different house, so it's no longer an option for me. I don't even see that npc where he should be (by the bank and crafting stations).
I've looked at the houses listed in the Crown Store and the Vivec city house/apartment is not there.
Do I need to complete the main quest of Morrowind/Vivec in order to be eligible to purchase Saint Delyn's Penthouse?
Thanks.

Best Answer

• Hunterka71
    Hunterka71
    ✭✭✭
    Go to your collections tab, look at homes not owned, choose the penthouse, preview and buy for 3000 gold. I checked it now with Mara's Kiss on PTS and was able to buy it that way.
    Answer ✓
  • ZAD1ST
    ZAD1ST
    ✭✭✭
    You should be able to travel to it and preview it and just buy it. I thought you could also use a character that hadn’t done the free room quest yet too.
    Edited by ZAD1ST on May 29, 2019 3:31PM
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can just use a different character you have not done a Room to Spare on, to get it for free.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A character who has entered an account-owned home also seems to be excluded, as they already "own" a home. I cycled through my ten characters to try and get the Golden Gryphon Garret that way, but none were eligible.

I got the St Delyn apartment with my Dunmer, who started on Vvardenfell, and grabbed the room before visiting any other homes on the mainland, so I was lucky that time.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ghastley wrote: »
    A character who has entered an account-owned home also seems to be excluded, as they already "own" a home. I cycled through my ten characters to try and get the Golden Gryphon Garret that way, but none were eligible.

I got the St Delyn apartment with my Dunmer, who started on Vvardenfell, and grabbed the room before visiting any other homes on the mainland, so I was lucky that time.

Ah...that might explain why I couldn't do the quest on a couple of characters I'm pretty sure have never done the quest. But, since I've created a new character for all 3 chapters, it hasn't been a problem.

But, that could also be a recent change, as when the quest used to be A Friend in Need, where you had to go to a delve and get the key back, I did it on a couple characters in the same faction, and they were able to do the quest even though the inn room was already unlocked on my account. Maybe when they changed it to A Room to Spare, it lost the ability to be completed on characters who haven't done the quest if they've already been in the room(s) in question. That or I just hadn't entered the inn room(s) yet on those characters.
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the way it's working is that entering any player-owned home completes the Room to Spare quest for that character. They can preview others without problem, as those are unowned.

That fits in with getting the Land Baron and other achievements just by visiting. The character already owns them via the account, but the visit completes the quest or achievement.for the specific character who goes there.
  • abigfishy
    abigfishy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have created a new character, levelled a little, ported to my tiny apartment in Summerset and then left it. When outside the apartment the quest is right there so the above information is incorrect and easily verified.
    Level 50 Characters
    USA
    Odette Skullcrusher Nord DK EP Tank
    Hannah Smithee Breton Templar DC Healer
    Charlotte of the Wild Bosmer NB EP DPS
    Rabbath Amman Dark Elf Sorc EP DPS
    Lovely Twinkle High Elf Sorc AD Tank
    Nepith Dark Elf Warden EP Healer
    Tupac Shakoor Redguard Sorc DC Tank
    Faire the Last Snow Elf Altmer Warden EP Ice Staff Tank
    EU
    Soul-Shriven Breton Sorc DC DPS
    Makush gro-Shurgal Orc DK DC Tank
    Cleopatra Tharn Imperial Sorc EP Healer
    Daenerys Targaryin Nord Templar DC Healer
    Zar Saarshar Khajiit NB DC Thief
    Celrith High Elf Sorc EP Assassin
    Falcar Dark Elf NB DC Necromancer
    Myriam Blaylock Breton NB EP Vampire
    Nivrillin Wood Elf NB DC Werewolf
  • Feverblade
    I was able to find the Penthouse in my Collections tab instead of the Crown store. (Though only unfurnished, but that's fine by me). Thanks guys. :)