The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Ground AoE Abilities Not Casting

Apox
Apox
✭✭✭✭✭
https://gfycat.com/PointedWellgroomedDrake

Watch my actionbar closely, I cast channeled acceleration into an immediate crit surge then try to cast Volley, which doesnt come out, then I try to drop atro 4 or 5 times, bar swap, bar swap back, still unable to cast it.

ZoS please revert this feature, since we all know bugs dont exist in this game. Ill buy a crown crate if you do
  • Apox
    Apox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's affecting healers as well... unfinished channeled heavy attacks seem to cause it (so lightning and resto staves, two staples of healers)

ZoS has so far declined to comment that they've even seen these threads, are aware there is a bug, and are even looking at it. It's disheartening to say the least.
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points
  • Apox
    Apox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    id like to see em deny it after watching proof of it.

but then again, its zos and eso were talking about. their biggest priority is pushing content for casuals, roleplayers, and crown store items. fixing the game is tertiary

esos biggest draw for me was the combat. now its so clunky and buggy, not to mention general game unoptimizations, that I can barely enjoy it. I have a beast pc and all my settings are almost bottomed out, I shouldnt be getting 30fps in trials
    Edited by Apox on May 30, 2019 1:17PM
  • Wavek
    Wavek
    ✭✭✭
    I cant see the video right now but did it by chance give you a 'target is immune' message when you tried to cast it? I have been getting that on my new Necromancer when trying to use Boneyard. It doesnt happen every time but sometimes it will not let me cast unless I untarget everything.
  • Apox
    Apox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i got one that said "invalid location" but even after spamming it multiple more times, I got no error message, just failure to cast
  • Halrloprillalar
    Halrloprillalar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Happens mostly on my necro for some reason, usually when clipping the summon animation of something (e.g. blastbones).

Really annoying but a short term workaround is dodge rolling
  • IgnisFerrum
    Edited by IgnisFerrum on May 31, 2019 8:27AM
  • Trinity_Is_My_Name
    Trinity_Is_My_Name
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep, same here. I made a video of it a week or so ago and submitted the video link in an ingame Bug Report to ZOS as well as posting here in the Bug Reports section.

There are quite a few threads on this now with ZERO response from ZOS. Looking at the Patch Notes for the last patch they didn't fix any of these game breaking bugs.

The Slow Bug is still here, this Ground Casting bug is still here, the Main quest line bug is still here....the list goes on and on.

Geez ZOS, what the heck?!?!
  • Apox
    Apox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i dunno, i have eso+ but its hard to justify paying it for a game that doesnt *** work right. this bug, the heavy attack bug thats been going on for literal years, crappy low fps because the game is unoptimized.

I might cancel and go free to play or find something else, a game that actually works. not even necromancer works properly and it was the key selling point of elsweyr. these devs dont care about game experience, its all how much money they make