The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Magicka build no monster set?

Ysbriel
Ysbriel
✭✭✭✭✭
I’ve seen that with using certain sets for stamina you can ditch the monster set, example Maelstrom Bow and Maelstrom DW with deadly strike and relequen,
but i’ve yet seen any build example using a Maelstrom Staff and any other Arena weapon to ditch the monster sets, is this possible?
  • KappaKid83
    KappaKid83
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It used to be before two handers counted as 2 item slots instead of 1 but it is no longer as useful/powerful as it once was. I used to run a Build with 3 pc Arch Mage, 5 pc Kags, 3 Willpower. The Head Shoulders and Chest were Archmage, the other 4 body pieces were Kags and the 3 Jewelry were willpower. This was an old SypherPK solo/smallscale Magicka PVP sorc build and it was quite fun to be honest.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vMA DW hasn’t been that good for a long time. It’s why it isn’t used.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PvP Stamblade currently runs vMA Greatsword and Blackrose Bow.
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can take a look at ability altering staves to see why they are not used.

Master's - Destructive Touch is a weird skill. Too weak as spammable since it has a DoT component, too weak as a DoT to be worth it.
    Blackrose - Impulse is just a bad skill.
    Asylum - non-perfected is just plain too weak. Perfected can be pretty good but it is kinda hard to get. It was made somewhat irrelevant after introduction of Elemental Weapon. Probably your best choice if you want to go that path but as I said getting a perfected inferno is no easy feat.

Addtionally magicka monster sets are better than stamina ones. So the opportunity cost of dropping them is higher.