Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Templar Spell/Healing Power

Desmadona
Desmadona
Hi. I've been enjoying playing a healing-focused Templar and have gone through all my available class, weapon, armor, guild, and racial skills and fail to see any that help me with spell power. Maybe I'm blind!

My Magicka and Magicka Regen are overcharged, yet my spell power is about half of what it could be. Can someone please point me in the right direction here? How can I increase my spell power? The wording on the Magicka popup indicates Magicka affects the power/effectiveness of my spells, but, in that case, if Magicka is maxed out, shouldn't spell power also be? I'm new to Elder scrolls, so not familiar with how spell power works in this game.

I'm confused and will greatly appreciate any constructive feedback! Thanks for your time.
Screenie here:
XDobWrX.png
  • KariTR
    KariTR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't answer the more complex questions, but I know you can make enchants that add to spell power (spell damage), so it would be worth using them to replace the excess magicka you have on items.
    Edited by KariTR on April 11, 2014 5:52AM
  • Mortuum
    Mortuum
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you point your mouse over Spell Damage in window, you will see that it increse spell damage AND healing. And to increse it you have to find jewelery with ''spell damage'' which will add to stat. For sure mage guild quest reward can give you some(cant remember names of quests, but i have 2 rings, both with spell damage). As im level 28, it will be quests around this level.

Also having magicka overcharged, way better choice will be The Ritual mundus stone (increasing healing by -not sure about this value its from other post- 5%), especially as healing templar.
  • Desmadona
    Desmadona
    Thanks for the replies so far!
    Enchants might be the way to go, as I have seen absolutely no items (including rings and necklaces) that increase spell damage at all. I've seen a TON of plus magicka/ minus cost of spells, etc, though. I'm only level 29, so maybe there are some at a higher level that I'm not seeing on the trade posts.

If any of you have any spell damage rings, would you mind linking them or letting me know where you got them? I'm leveling by questing/exploring, so I'm likely to have come across the same quests as anyone else, yet I've seen no spell damage items.

I have merely deconstructed every enchant I've gotten, as I'm in the process of gathering mats to level the profession, but I'll look more closely at them, as I've heard from another source that there are spell power enchants.

Any other ideas are welcome! Thanks!
  • Mortuum
    Mortuum
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Desmadona, like i said, mages guild quests rewards. If you on EU server you can PM me in game later tonight and i can link you those rings. My templar is Mithrien Silverflame, or just use @Mortuum. You are same lvl as i am, so those will be great to get now, not later.
    Edited by Mortuum on April 12, 2014 5:25PM