Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

"Fishing" for answers

Basil_oz
Basil_oz
✭✭✭
Other than the achievements, what is the value of fishing?

The fish caught are tagged as trophies. Is their only value after catching simply to sell to vendors or are there other uses?
NA Mega-server
Basilthwaite - male Nord Templar Ebonheart Pact (unwittingly looks like Hulk Hogan. Trying to find some bright gold breeches to match the persona.)

Arwen Basilrond - female Wood Elf Nightblade Aldmeri Dominion (this character is smoken', but she's been advised to quite due to 'elf reasons!)

Sir Basil Ozarian - male Imperial Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant (this character is titled, but not entitled!)
  • knightblaster
    knightblaster
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't seen any so far.

Honestly, fishing is another lever the developers seem to be using to control your playstyle by taking up yet more inventory space (because limiting your inventory space is by design to "encourage" you to play in a certain way). So, I just skip fishing and bait now like I do crafting. Smoother experience for me that way.
  • Caran
    Caran
    ✭✭✭
    I have heard (! - but never seen it myself) that some fish can be used in crafting food.
  • Xetjar
    Xetjar
    People have gotten veteran weapons ( this was a bug, and you probably get weapons near your level now ) You can fish up a bag, that can contain special items I believe.
  • PF1901
    PF1901
    ✭✭✭
    Is that "used bait" one can fish supposed to be reusable as bait again? The description at least says so but I can't use these in the wheel. Anyone knows?
  • rawne1980b16_ESO
    rawne1980b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haven't found any benefit from it for myself.

Most i've fished up is a slaughterfish worth 3 gold ... be still my beating heart, the excitement.
  • Anthony45122
    Anthony45122
    ✭✭✭
    No the "used bait" can not be used again. The only point of fish does indeed seem to be vendor trash as I have not seen a single recipe call for fish in the recipe nor do any of the fish say that they are provisioning materials. You can catch rare fish which count towards the achvs as well as bags with crafting materials.
  • FrauPerchta
    FrauPerchta
    ✭✭✭
    I quit fishing after find my catch had no usage. Perhaps the devs will fix that however hopefully they will fix many other issues first.
  • Basil_oz
    Basil_oz
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks, everyone, for your comments. Good question about the used bait. It is tagged as a lure instead of bait, but I wasn't sure if it had any value. I was looking at destroying that too, as it has no coin value.
    NA Mega-server
    Basilthwaite - male Nord Templar Ebonheart Pact (unwittingly looks like Hulk Hogan. Trying to find some bright gold breeches to match the persona.)

Arwen Basilrond - female Wood Elf Nightblade Aldmeri Dominion (this character is smoken', but she's been advised to quite due to 'elf reasons!)

Sir Basil Ozarian - male Imperial Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant (this character is titled, but not entitled!)
  • Greydog
    Greydog
    ✭✭✭✭
    I once caught a rare (blue) that was worth 150 'something' ..the tool tip went by so fast I couldn't tell what it was. The trophy was never added to my inventory so I couldn't check it either.
    "I Plan on living forever ..so far so good"
    Sanguine's Disciple

Asylum Amoebaeus ..A refuge for those who normally fly solo.
    Message me here or in game for an invite
  • Basil_oz
    Basil_oz
    ✭✭✭
    Greydog wrote: »
    I once caught a rare (blue) that was worth 150 'something' ..the tool tip went by so fast I couldn't tell what it was. The trophy was never added to my inventory so I couldn't check it either.

Ahhh, the one that got away, eh?! :D
    NA Mega-server

• PF1901
    PF1901
    ✭✭✭
    Basil_oz wrote: »
    Greydog wrote: »

Ahhh, the one that got away, eh?! :D
    :D