The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Rapid Maneuver not casting while mounted.

Mysterious_Orc
Mysterious_Orc
Soul Shriven
Hello I have a recurring issue with rapid maneuver not casting while mounted across all my characters, When I try to cast rapid maneuver it looks like the animation is cancelled and it wont actually cast, I then have to dismount and remount and it will cast again but not for long as it will happen again. Anyone have a fix for this?
Edited by Mysterious_Orc on May 30, 2019 11:36PM
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hello I have a recurring issue with rapid maneuver not casting while mounted across all my characters, When I try to cast rapid maneuver it looks like the animation is cancelled and it wont actually cast, I then have to dismount and remount and it will cast again but not for long as it will happen again. Anyone have a fix for this?
    Your description of the problem seems familiar. IIRC it has happened when Rapid Maneuver was equipped on both of the Ability Bars. But I don't recall what I did to resolve the issue.

First, if an add-on which affects using Rapid Maneuver is installed (such as Fast Ride), then you need to disable it and invetigate whether the problem occurs without the add-on. If it doesn't occur without the add-on, then contact the add-on developer about it.

Second, be sure that your character can cast Rapid Maneuver (regardless of whether mounted) in the current situation. For example, you cannot cast RM while your character is under attack, i.e., "in combat". A ranged attack (from a distant location) that hits your character ordinarily disrupts (ends) an attempt to cast RM, regardless of whether the outcome is that the character is "in combat". *

In my experience, casting RM will fail while a character Sprints (unless the player is using a cheat engine). But it should be possible to cast RM while Autorun is enabled for the mount/character.

Note that casting another ability, or attacking a target with the character's weapon, before the RM animation is complete will often abort it in favor of the action which you chose to input before the RM animation completed. About the only thing a character can do before the animation completes is to move or continue moving. You might or might not succeed if the character uses a potion or other item from the Quick-Slot wheel before the RM animation completes.

Last, but not least, is there any system message displayed in the upper right corner of the HUD? Is there an audio cue that an error has occurred?
    * In order to disrupt a character, the attack must be valid -- for example, an attack by a player character upon another player character has no effect whatsoever unless the characters are in Cyrodiil, at a Battleground, or voluntarily engaged in a Duel.

--- Shadowshire .......... ESO Plus on PC NA with Windows 7 Pro SP1

nil carborundum illegitimi